Hey, want to introduce myself

Qlka

Hello folks, my irl name is Karolis, I'm 22 years old. Working in car manufacturing sphere.

Want to tell you what I am doing here in MaNGOS forums. I've used to love playing around with Ancient / ArcEmu / and the other one (can't remember the name) back in the day. I think I've tried mangos as well. Well happened like 7 years ago or something like that. On the other hand I am back, not sure for how long I'll keep myself motivated and interested because:

It's quite complicated with a full time job and a family (girlfriend and daughter) on my hands.

I'm a casual gym goer as well (every second day - at least)

I live in UK, but I'm not English (probably like the majority of people in UK - not intended to insult Britons so please do not get upset)

Originally Lithuanian so my English is a bit loose at the times, or well, most of the time.

Have no freakin idea of coding or anything like that. Since I've done the server set ups before I know basics of MySQL / Windows / wordpress and installing scripts in various places overall :D

I always wanted to learn coding and I still hope it's not too late. At least a tiny bit of it - so I've figured start playing with Mangos would be a good study material.

Oh and by the way a huge fan of TES Skyrim. I've spent thousands of hours in there - I know it's stupid, but it's real tho. Could be a decent coder by now if studied all these hours instead. But oh well.

So yeah - short about me.

Hello again and Best regard to all MaNGOS community

Welcome, Qlka :-)

There are a lot of mixed nationalities here in the UK. I'm half Italian. My family on my mother's side are from Italy.

This is an excellent place to learn everything about server build and configuration, programming, databases, and other fun (what a geek!) stuff;) After all, that is the purpose of these projects, to allow anyone to learn.

Yep, I too have killed many hours doing other things rather than learning, but hey ho, fun is fun. I prefer to do what I want to do, not what I ought to do :D

Set up your own server, tinker with it, ask questions, get involved with the community, enjoy :-)

Archived