cd mangos/src/bindings "No such file or directory"

crazzymann12

Question

I'm following the wiki guide "How to Setup a MaNGOS Server from Scratch" guide and I got through a lot of the initial installation, but I'm experiencing a problem with what I listed in the subject line in the "Downloading MaNGOS Source Code section. I'm very new to all of this, but it is what I will be taking classes for throughout the next couple years so the more I learn the better. I'm aware that a question much similar to this was answered, but unfortunately the answer to that question failed to fix my issue. I'm currently running Windows 10 with Windows Server Standard Edition 2012 (2008 wouldn't install for some reason). I installed all of the programs in the prior install section.

Ok awesome thank you so much you have been a great help! Now I'm having problems with the next step I typed in the top line and everything below is what I received in return.

$ git clone -- recursive MangosTwo * GitHub database

Too many arguments.

usage: git clone [<options>] [--] <repo> [<dir>]

-v, --verbose be more verbose

-q, --quiet be more quiet

--progress force progress reporting

-n, --no-checkout don't create a checkout

--bare create a bare repository

--mirror create a mirror repository (implies bare)

-l, --local to clone from a local repository

--no-hardlinks don't use local hardlinks, always copy

-s, --shared setup as shared repository

--recursive initialize submodules in the clone

--recurse-submodules initialize submodules in the clone

--template <template-directory>

directory from which templates will be used

--reference <repo> reference repository

--dissociate use --reference only while cloning

-o, --origin <name> use <name> instead of 'origin' to track upstream

-b, --branch <branch>

checkout <branch> instead of the remote's HEAD

-u, --upload-pack <path>

path to git-upload-pack on the remote

--depth <depth> create a shallow clone of that depth

--single-branch clone only one branch, HEAD or --branch

--separate-git-dir <gitdir>

separate git dir from working tree

-c, --config <key=value>

set config inside the new repository

I'm following the guide for Rel21 now and I'm at the part where I extract the game data. The instructions state to navigate to MangosSource\Server\bin and I did and bin is not in there is there something that is the same as this in that folder? my folders/files reade lua scripts, ace.dll, ahbot.conf.dist, genrev, libeay32.dll, libmysql.dll, mangosd.conf.dist, mangosd, realmd.conf.dist, realmd and the Mangos Two I downloaded from downloads.

Postpone the "Extracting Game Data" step till completion of the "Compiling the MaNGOS source code" one. I'm unsure about EasyBuild behaviour, but in cmake configuring, you need to check "Tools" checkbox to get extractors built. Hope the EasyBuild will build the extractors as well.

I was able to run the extractors that appeared to already be built. The Compiling Mangos Source Code step has got me again since when I go into MangosSource folder that I created with the help of the MangosTwo download, there is no win folder and I did not find the Easy Build anywhere. Is there a manual equivalent to this step without Easy Build, or is Easy Build required? And if so what are the proper steps to integrating Easy Build with this download?

I was able to run the extractors that appeared to already be built. The Compiling Mangos Source Code step has got me again since when I go into MangosSource folder that I created with the help of the MangosTwo download, there is no win folder and I did not find the Easy Build anywhere. Is there a manual equivalent to this step without Easy Build, or is Easy Build required? And if so what are the proper steps to integrating Easy Build with this download?

If you downloaded the download from here all you need to do is extract the client data from the client and setup the database and write the config files how you want them. Thats it :)

There is no issue I just don't have a lot of experience in this arena. I was following the guide because I really don't have a firm grasp on how everything is set up. I've followed the guide to the compiling the source code step. I was making an attempt at being self sufficient rather then coming out just saying what do I do after I download the Mangos Two, and clearly that's made this much bigger than it is and for that I'm sorry. So what do I do next?

Ok,

So going from downloading..

• Copy map extractors to the root of the wow folder and get those running. You don't need mmaps but they are nice to have.
  • Install your MySQL server and connect to it with an SQL client such as sqlyog community edtion
    • add databases for mangos, characters, realmd
    • Import mangos_full_db.sql to mangos database then apply updates in order from Database\World\Updates\Rel21 folder if needed (check the db_version table or similar to establish current version).
    • Import Database\Character\Setup\characterLoadDB.sql to characters database and apply updates as before Database\Character\Updates\Rel21
    • Import database Database\Realm\Setup\realmdLoadDB.sql to realmd database and apply updates as before Database\Realm\Updates\Rel21

[*]Once you have the DBC, maps and vmaps extracted copy those folders to the Server folder (you can place this folder anywhere).

• If you want mmaps wait until those are done before moving any folders.

[*]Rename mangosd.conf.dist > mangosd.conf

• Edit any settings needed in this
    • If you are using my method of setting up the databases you will need to create the user account either in mysql workbench or in sqlyog and make sure it has all the permissions ticked for the databases you setup.
    • Do the same for the realmd.conf.dist

If you need help with this I have added you on skype, feel free to contact me, although I will be heading off for the night shortly.

Alright I'll just take it one at a time if you don't mind. I attempted to import the mangos_full_db.sql and Mysql informed me that I need the premium addition to import. Is this true? or is there a work around? And yea sorry I had to head to work and I had an hour and a half commute and I just got home, but I'll be up for a few hours and thanks I really appreciate you doing that : )

I received the following error when attempting to apply 21000_00_Release_021_Initial:

Query:

ALTER TABLE character_db_version CHANGE COLUMN `required_20000_00_Rel20_Initial` `required_21000_00_Release_021_Initial` bit

Error occured at:2016-02-25 19:47:28

Line no.:2

Error Code: 1054 - Unknown column 'required_20000_00_Rel20_Initial' in 'character_db_version'

Query:

ALTER TABLE character_db_version CHANGE COLUMN `required_20000_00_Rel20_Initial` `required_21000_00_Release_021_Initial` bit

Error occured at:2016-02-25 19:48:01

Error Code: 1054 - Unknown column 'required_20000_00_Rel20_Initial' in 'character_db_version'

Query:

Error occured at:2016-02-25 19:49:56

And also, so I'm not supposed to import characterCreateDB?

Archived