Qlka

Question

Hello lads and lassies. I had a problem getting the server up and running. Eventually I've decided to let it go - after like 3 days of trying and retrying from the beginning. I am definitely missing something and here is the reasons why:

First of all because there is no proper documentation on setting the server up. (I just want to note that I am not a brain dead. Because today I've tried to set up Cmangos server and made it in first attempt with no issues what so ever)

+The guide is actually outdated

+The compilation guide is irrelevant at all, because I've seen there was madmax guide with the automatic installer which apparently is the one up to date.

So if for example someone on your forums can't get the server running you can't really point him to the guide and tell him to learn to read - because simply the guide is too complicated or outdated.

With all due respect this is just my thoughts and please don't flame that I am too thick to get it running cuz like I said, I've compiled the cmangos with no problem at all.

8 answers to this question

Ok..... i'll skip over that fact the post is almost a troll post - no details, just grumples - I'll put it down to frustration.

I'm happy to help anyone get up and running - Many hundreds of users of mangos can vouch for that !!

To attempt to help you i'll need some basic information:

Are you building on Windows or Linux ?

32Bit or 64Bit ?

Which core are you trying to build: MangosZero, One, Two etc. ?

Which branch are you trying to build master / develop21 ?

Once I have the answers to those, we should be able to help you :)

Antz

Sorry buddy, I am a bit too tired today from irl stuff. Should have not posted anything to be fair with you.

Yeah I've tried to go with MangosZero develop21 and umhhh...64bit win7 win. I've attempted to get it compiled with cmake, but kept getting errors.

Now I'm trying to start all over again, with a bit different mind set of reading things properly and not setting things up like I've used to 6 years ago on different projects.

And by the way I just understood that develop21 is not supposed to be compiled with cMake because madmax made a autoinstaller for it ( took me a while -.- )

Sorry: That's what happens when trying to do something after a hard day at work lol.

UPDATE:

21:17 Compiled succesfully (But my files is in debug folder like so C:/MangosDev21/Source_build/bin/debug/) ?

21:30 Files (data) extraction completed

21:45 MySQL database installed prefer using navicat tho.

21:50 configs edited

22:00 attempting to start realmd.exe -> Error message: The application can't start because libmysql.dll is missing from your computer

22:08 Previous error libmysql.dll missing fixed -> solution: just copied the libmysql.dll to realmd.exe and world.exe folder.

22:10 following issue: Where attempting to start realmd.exe open and closes with error message:

2016-02-26 22:07:41 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2016-02-26 22:07:41 World Database total connections: 2

2016-02-26 22:07:41 MySQL client library: 5.6.17

2016-02-26 22:07:41 MySQL server ver: 5.6.28-log

2016-02-26 22:07:41 MySQL client library: 5.6.17

2016-02-26 22:07:41 MySQL server ver: 5.6.28-log

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR:The table `db_version` indicates that your [World] database does not match the expected structure!

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR:

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: [A] You have database Version: 21

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: Structure: 1

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: Content: 11

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: Description: Fix last startup errors

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: You need database Version: 21

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: Structure: 3

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: Content: 2

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR: Description: Fix Random MMGen Scripts

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR:You must apply all updates after [A] to to use MaNGOS with this database.

2016-02-26 22:07:41 ERROR:These updates are included in the database/World/Updates folder.

P.S I've installed all updates from WORLD>REALMD>CHARACTERS Update folders. Now I am getting Something like

That it indicates that realmd database don't match the version.

A: 21

description: dbdocs update

B: 21

-- I got two updates on realmd not being able to execute properly which is database\Realm\Updates\Rel21\20150412_02_auth_realmlist.sql saying:

[Err] 1146 - Table 'realmdd.realmd_db_version' doesn't exist

[Err] -- This update would not apply using the stored procedure method

-- Apply the Version Change from Old Version to New Version

ALTER TABLE realmd_db_version CHANGE COLUMN `required_20150412_warden_db_log`

but to be fair I've installed 20150412_warden_db_log with no errors

P.S I've just changed in db_version last insert to the version I've been asked for and it works. Unfortunately it is not a fix isn't it?

That it indicates that realmd database don't match the version.

A: 21

B: 21

Just ignore content (subminor) update. This particular one changes internal doc tables never needed by the core.

A better solution is updating your DB repo (git pull; git submodule update), then you get the later 21-1-2 update. Also, do not believe a "successful install" of any update. The transactional updates give no proper diagnostics in SQL graphical clients.

Just ignore content (subminor) update. This particular one changes internal doc tables never needed by the core.

A better solution is updating your DB repo (git pull; git submodule update), then you get the later 21-1-2 update. Also, do not believe a "successful install" of any update. The transactional updates give no proper diagnostics in SQL graphical clients.

Can you explain this I've highlighted a little further please?

And by the way I just understood that develop21 is not supposed to be compiled with cMake because madmax made a autoinstaller for it ( took me a while -.- )

Incorrect. It is highly preferred that you install using cmake manually. This is the correct way to do it without being dependant on a tool to do it for you.

I would recommend giving https://www.getmangos.eu/general-help-amp-support/10591-rel21-temporary-compile-guide.html a read, as it goes a little further in depth as to why some things work like they do.

Also, I would like to point out that I replied to your cmake issues in a previous thread, but you never replied back. We could have had it sorted for you already at that point :)

Edit: If you are ever missing an update in your database clone, check the repos directly:

GitHub - mangoszero/database at develop21: The *MangosZero* world database containing creatures, npcs etc.to populate the game world with. Report all issues at https://www.getmangos.eu/project.php?projectid=16

GitHub - mangos/Realm_DB: realmd database for all MaNGOS cores

A better solution is updating your DB repo (git pull; git submodule update), then you get the later 21-1-2 update.

The repo structure with submodules was a challenge to me, when I met it at first after ~5 yrs of TC experience. To update submodules (in the best case the repo admins did not forget updating the submodule index) you need to issue the git submodule command underlined above.

Archived