Hi All,

After over a year of work, I am almost ready to release localised language packs for mangos !

Do you use mangos and would prefer using one of the native supported languages ?

I am looking for a small number of people from each locale to install and test the language packs

Please PM me if you are interested :D

Update:

The base github repo is now active:

GitHub - MangosExtras/MangosZero_Localised

• Like 1

Hey Antz

here you can find a zip containing all queries with English original content.

There are Queries is used to generate UPDATE queries, they are based on MangosZero.

I assumed the Italian language was the ninth (9th) localisation, so i refered to loc9 in queries.

Could you check if thery are ok so i can start with translation?

One question I have after looking the locales already translated: we want to translate character surname (like Windrunner, Hellscream and so on)? I know Blizzard have done it, but I think is a bad thing...

Check my last link! If you want we can synchronize ourself to make work smoother.

This will be an awesome work! :D

I talked to Antz for surname/tribe translation, so if you want we can talk about it in private to find a common way to go.

That said, I think there are 2 ways to remain synchronized:

- Everyone takes one file and translate that

- We put the files under version control (git) so they remain synchronized

I would prefer the second way, but as before, we can talk about it.

When you have time add me on Skype (gabrimcr) or if you prefer on discord (gabryatfendor#3887) so we can have a discussion about this.

Edited by gabrielesani

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

How comes translating along?

I just saw there is some translated stuff and I wonder, how much is done/or still had to be done.
Are the language updates just for zero? I believe, with Cataclysm, a lot of quests changed in the starterzone of humans for example, so some
quest-text will not match all wow-expansions, right?

I´d like to translate some into german, if there is still a need to - but first, I need a heads-up on the situation, please!

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was looking for how to do the translation to Spanish, in a mangos Two server, and I just view the project, awasome! For the TODO lists in the repository [https://github.com/MangosExtras/MangosTwo_Localised/tree/aec786470157a466421522e7491767e969e76ca2], I wondering try to reuse the previos work from this repository, [https://github.com/tortosi/esWoW2-WoTLK-es/]witch it has a translate for magos server, but maybe cmangos?. I checked some Ids from the sql scripts to compared but I think that It's different from the Id's used in mangos

Am I correct? There'ra any way to reuser this translate to the missing translate?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...