Cmake / mysql problem

HoggerRaider

Question

I was working on building various projects with cmake, and I got an error that seems to be saying that I am missing some files. I thought I had installed everything listed in the posted mysql installation instructions. Is there something I missed?  (See attached screenshots)

Windows/vs2015 Enterprise/mysql(x32)/openssl(x32)/openssl(x64)/mangoszero(r21)/git

mangos errors1.jpg

mangos errors2.jpg

15 answers to this question

Something to check is that you are not mixing 32/64 Bit...

If you are building a 64Bit server, then the version of MySQL must be 64Bit

If you are building a 32Bit server, then the version of MySQL must be x86.

If you run easybuild, it will check and inform you of any version mismatches
- cmake is not quite clever enough to do that.

The error says it cannot find 32 bit MySQL headers. You have installed 64 bit mysql server and C connector.

They should probably be x86 (32 bit). You need to install mysql in advanced mode and explicitly select to install 32 bit as 64 bit is installed by default on a 64 bit machine.
It is also possible you are just missing the development headers. If they dont come with the default installation then Im sure in the advanced setup somewhere there is a box for selecting to install development files.

I went back and switched everything possible to 64 bit, completely reinstalling MySql. I fired up easybuild and it reported a green flag for 64 bit, and I created a release build. When I ran Cmake, I got a variation of the same problem, basically a message that indicated it couldn't locate MySql. It also listed that it though it was working on a 32 bit environment, which is odd. I am running 64 bit win7, 64 bit mysql, etc.

So, I dug up the article that you wrote back on December 16th (guideswindows/installing-mangos-on-windows-using-easybuild-r20064/), where you bypass some of the steps by building and manually copying assemblies needed into the tools folder to extract client data. When I ran the extractor, it seems to hang on vmap extraction. I have a solid system, and i gave the extractor all 4 cores to work with but 16 hours later it is still sitting there and apparently not using any CPU. I was careful to heed your warning, and not try extraction with a debug build.

I must be doing something wrong but I cannot tell what my error is based off the tool telemetry. Any suggestions? I could try ripping everything out and going straight 32 bit if that would help.

I attached a screen shot of the problem.

mangos errors2.jpg

Thanks h0zen for the suggestion. I reinstalled cmake and now it works, although I am still stuck on getting vmaps extracted.

I went back and after running cmake, and re-did all the steps prior to running the ExtractResources.sh just to make sure that running cmake vs. easybuild doesn't change anything. I ended up with the same results.

My wow client was installed off the cd and patched to 1.12.1, so I don't think there is anything odd there. I checked the log files generated by ExtractResources.sh, and they are pretty much saying the same thing as I see in the UI screen shot I posted above. vmap extraction starts, and then just hangs.

Something which jumped out at me.... all the extractors normally report which client they are extracting from...

Have a look at the screenshot and notice the 'DBC Extractor & Map Generator for UNKNOWN VERSION'

Is the wow.exe (or the variants on the name) in the folder you are running the extractors from ?
- If you are, could report the filename here and possibly zip up the .exe and attach it to this post ?

I believe it is, as i just put the files in the root of the wow directory as per the instructions. I also thought that was odd that it had no reported version. When I get home in a couple of hours, I will double check that aspect of the process to make sure I didn't miss anything and fire you a zipped copy of the exe.

Ok, I have everything fixed and running. I will now be power leveling to 60 for the next three months, see you then...

Just kidding. There were several minor problems going on that I had to correct. But before I go any further, I'd like to say thanks to people for the assistance in getting things rolling.

1) The first thing I'd like to work on is writing up some really good documentation so that anyone with an internet connection can fire up a server in a few minutes. The existing documentation is functional, but I think we can improve upon it. I think I have a basic grasp of a lot of the moving parts that make the server work, but could I get someone with veteran level understanding to proof read and correct anything I explain incorrectly?

If I write up something really solid Antz, would you mind posting it somewhere prominent so other n3wbz like me don't have to work so hard to get it working?

2) Have we considered putting together a zip with the server pre-prepped for non-devs? I would imagine that there are a few people out there who don't happen to have the extensive coding experience needed to write mods who would just like to set up a server and play. 

...Ok, perhaps I am going to go level. A little. just to 10. or 15.

I'll set up skype next and pop on to say hi in the next few days.

Archived