Warden issue

Cylae

Question

17 answers to this question

On 26/03/2017 at 11:06 PM, troynono said:

Hi,

I had the same problem, but for me it would seem that the US client of the game was the issue. ( The US version isn't the same as the US one, last time i checked... so maybe that version is missing in the core ? ) 

Anyway, I'm not sure of it at all, but could be a lead :) 

It is possible, yes!

@antz Indeed, I opened a server in the United States (North Carolina, hosted by Amazon Web Services), I tried to activate the Warden with ClientResponseDelay at 1200 but that did not change anything.

The players continue not being able to connect while I can connect to my US server although I am in Europe. Without Warden, my players have a ping around 50ms.

On 11/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, Foereaper said:

An update to Warden has been pushed, please update and try again :)

Hey, I still have the issue today ...

<none> (latency: 0, IP: 71.49.XX.XX) exceeded Warden module response delay on state STATE_REQUESTED_MODULE for more than 10m - disconnecting client

And it still happening for my American players...

My Warden settings : 

Warden.WinEnabled            = 1
Warden.OSXEnabled            = 1
Warden.NumMemChecks          = 5
Warden.NumOtherChecks        = 10
Warden.ClientResponseDelay   = 600
Warden.ClientCheckHoldOff    = 60
Warden.ClientCheckFailAction = 2
Warden.BanDuration           = 3600
Warden.DBLogLevel            = 0

Thank you for your help.

I believe this issue may be related to:

https://github.com/mangoszero/server/commit/1ff6c40b0d95e21ba220158eb010dc310fb85d8b

If you can, can you try reverting this change and see whether the problem goes away:

To revert the commit...

1) Open your git bash / shell and navigate to the sourcecode

2) type

git revert 1ff6c40b0d95e21ba220158eb010dc310fb85d8b

3) Assuming that that worked without any errors, rebuild the source, copy it to your server and test :D

2 minutes ago, lurr said:

A temporarily solution for me was just to go into the mangosd.conf file a disable Warden. 

Agreed.

Suggest setting the following options to 0 as a work around until this is fixed.

Warden.WinEnabled            = 0
Warden.OSXEnabled            = 0
Warden.ClientCheckFailAction = 0

7 hours ago, Cylae said:

My server is located in France, I had this issue with player located in US. Maybe a ping issue ?

Yes, i am also located in Europe and all the players getting the DC from server error are mostly from US.

Hi,

I had the same problem, but for me it would seem that the US client of the game was the issue. ( The US version isn't the same as the US one, last time i checked... so maybe that version is missing in the core ? ) 

Anyway, I'm not sure of it at all, but could be a lead :) 

Archived