Mangos map extractor error

codeman3518

Question

Mangos three map extractor is failing to extract the files correctly, it is crashing saying it has to quit the application on windows 10.  Is the extractor working for anyone else using windows 10 and I tried using mangoszero as well and it does the same thing. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

16 answers to this question

On 4/10/2017 at 7:47 PM, Snowdog said:

Did you install the vcredist_x64.exe that came with this distribution?

Also make sure you copied the 64 bit version of libeay32.dll and libmysql.dll to the directory that you are running realmd.exe and mangosd.exe from.

Where do I get these files?

I'm having the same problem, I get an error on startup of realmd.exe & mangos.exe

Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. 

Thanks Talendrys I got the map-extractor to work now but I noticed vmaps extractor is working but it is not extracting all the files it just extracts some files some are missing. But the new problem is running realmd.exe or mangosd.exe  I am getting this error, The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. Thanks for any help on this matter.

21 minutes ago, codeman8214 said:

Thanks Talendrys I got the map-extractor to work now but I noticed vmaps extractor is working but it is not extracting all the files it just extracts some files some are missing. But the new problem is running realmd.exe or mangosd.exe  I am getting this error, The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. Thanks for any help on this matter.

After realmd return error, follow this guide and report here if there are any errors listed.

29 minutes ago, codeman8214 said:

Hmmmm still can't figure this one out not sure why it is giving me the error in the first place, I even tried rebuilding the files

Try use the event viewer as previously said, please. Without any kind of Log we can't help you.

I checked the event viewer the first time when you linked it but just says the same thing the level is information and the error is Application popup: realmd.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. in the event viewer. I wish it gave more but it doesn't so not sure what to do I tried google and nothing works so far trying everything that I know so far.

7 hours ago, codeman8214 said:

I checked the event viewer the first time when you linked it but just says the same thing the level is information and the error is Application popup: realmd.exe - Application Error : The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application. in the event viewer. I wish it gave more but it doesn't so not sure what to do I tried google and nothing works so far trying everything that I know so far.

Should you have 'world-server.log' file in MaNGOS Server directory, can you post here the content of file?

Okay so here is where I am right now I noticed that the download mangos three from madmax is giving me the error that the application was unable to start correctly, but when I download the repo myself it does not give me the error so not sure what is up with that still.  Now for the next error when I do the file myself I am getting map-extractor.exe has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.  When I look at the event viewer it says,

Faulting application name: map-extractor.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58ee79b1
Faulting module name: map-extractor.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58ee79b1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000fd41
Faulting process id: 0x3a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2b3cc39fe53a1
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Public\Public Games\World of Warcraft - Cataclysm\map-extractor.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Public\Public Games\World of Warcraft - Cataclysm\map-extractor.exe
Report Id: 35facb52-74fe-4d86-895f-07e4b57a7f8d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So not sure what is going on with this issue but when I build the files myself I get past the other error.

So just to recap:

- You cloned MaNGOS Three server repo with --recursive and build the solution

- Copied all the files that are in the Map extractor folder into the WoW Cataclysm Client folder

Once starting Map extractor it crashes.

That's right? Any different steps? Do you have a .Log file after opening Map-extractor?

Yes that is correct and no there is no log that it creates or that is there already so not sure what is causing it.  I am going to try mangostwo repo next to see if I can get it to work, I tried mangoszero and it works just fine.

Ok here is an update: I downloaded mangostwo and I noticed when I run a bat file to pause the map-extractor.exe and it gives me a message that the DBC Extractor & Map Generator for Unknown Version and I noticed that the client is correct it is 3.3.5a but it is enGB and not enUS so not sure if that is why the extractor is saying that or does it work for GB as well if so then not sure why it gives me the error.

Another Update: I downloaded the enUS version and that is what it was the mangos map extractor does not support enGB for mangostwo so that takes care of that and it works just fine so now that is at rest but still need to figure out the other two errors.

Archived