Can i use windows extracted maps and dbc?

hsoares

Question

7 answers to this question

Probably yes. If i'm not wrong Mangosd require that maps must being extracted by same build version.

So if there are not differences on mangosd version you gonna run on Debian and extractor you used on Windows you should be able to use extracted datas.

the answer is... Absolutely yes :D

The DBC's are blizz's game files and are uses untouched (as modifying them would be illegal)

The Map/Vmap and Mmap files are MaNGOS's own format and can be used independently of where they were extracted since the formats do not change between platforms.

DataDir refers from Running Directory. So if It is in bin, dataDir refer to /bin/<configured_value>

Configuration of DataDir could refer to a Relative or Absolute path, assuming that you installed mangos inside /etc/Mangos/ and your extracted datas are in /etc/Mangos/DataDir/

Following configuration should be fine:

• DataDir="./DataDir"
  • DataDir="/etc/Mangos/DataDir"

In case the path is not Absolute (as the 2th example) the directory will be searched inside of Mangos installation directory.

2 hours ago, Tuker said:

DataDir refers from Running Directory. So if It is in bin, dataDir refer to /bin/<configured_value>

I put the dbc/vmaps/maps/mmaps folders inside bin, etc, bin/data and etc/data and none of them worked. It keeps telling me that it's not there.

/home/root/zero/bin/data/dbc

/home/root/zero/bin/data/maps

/home/root/zero/bin/data/vmaps

/home/root/zero/bin/data/mmaps

shouldn't it work with datadir as /data?

4 hours ago, hsoares said:

I put the dbc/vmaps/maps/mmaps folders inside bin, etc, bin/data and etc/data and none of them worked. It keeps telling me that it's not there.

/home/root/zero/bin/data/dbc

/home/root/zero/bin/data/maps

/home/root/zero/bin/data/vmaps

/home/root/zero/bin/data/mmaps

shouldn't it work with datadir as /data?

As i said:

7 hours ago, Tuker said:

Configuration of DataDir could refer to a Relative or Absolute path, assuming that you installed mangos inside /etc/Mangos/ and your extracted datas are in /etc/Mangos/DataDir/

Following configuration should be fine:

• DataDir="./DataDir"
  • DataDir="/etc/Mangos/DataDir"

In case the path is not Absolute (as the 2th example) the directory will be searched inside of Mangos installation directory.

So i think it depends on the way you Writed on the .conf file.
Quoting Tal:

4 hours ago, Talendrys said:

What is the value of your DataDir inside the mangosd.conf file ?

Tal'

Just write here what did you writed in mangosd.conf file pls.

Archived