Not detecting visual studio

belziere

Question

Hello everyone in the mangos community,

I am building mangos two with easybuild, following the guide step by step but neither easybuild nor the mysql installer are detecting my visual studio installation.

- I have followed the visual studio installation guide step by step on the wiki.

- My visual studio version is 2015 as suggested

- My windows installation is a fresh windows 7 on a new computer, nothing was installed prior all mangos tools

I tried to reboot 2 times, nothing happened, i'm kinda lost  right now ...

Hope you'll be able to help and ask me anything that might help you understand the case, as I am not used to have problems

Sorry in advance for my english which is not my native language, thanks !

Belziere

7 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, madmax said:

Only thing I can think of, did you install visual studio selecting the c++ option ? You have no antivirus that is blocking it?

Followed the guide so yes i selected the c++ option and i have no antiviruses whatsoever (not a huge fan of antiviruses, thanks for the quick reply !

On 8/29/2017 at 3:14 AM, antz said:

Can we check that VS is actually working correctly....

Start VS and select 'New Project' choose a c++ project and proceed.
- Do you get to the code window ?

I'm having the same problem except that I'm trying to install the Mangoszero development environment.

First, here's the background:

System: x86 64-bit, Windows 10 Pro, VS 2017 Community Version (w/ C++ - and yes, C++ is installed and I've coded, built, and successfully executed a test "hello world" app just to make sure).

PreReqs: Git Bash, CMake, OpenSSL were installed without a hitch.

Problem: Using the Community MySQL installer of Server 5.7.20 (x86) the installer does not detect the VS 2017 on my system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance.

Cheers,

Edited by mtp1032
Clarification of VS Product Name

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use