[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\MaNGOS>mangosd.exe

DOTCONF++: failed to open file 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\

MaNGOS\\mangosd.conf': No such file or directory

Could not find configuration file mangosd.conf.

This comes out whenever i try to open mangos..... Can anyone help me,

Installing MaNGOS

-Add all the .exe files, .dll files and .pdb files in the compile folder into your Mangos folder (Ctrl + F to find them)

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "mangosd" folder

-Rename "mangosd.conf.dist" to "mangosd.conf"

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "realmd" folder

-Rename "realmd.conf.dist" to "realmd.conf"

Is it really necessary in a Windows enviornment to copy the .pdb fiiles? I don't think it is and if I'm correct, since this is a stickied and really well done guide... you may want to edit/remove that.

Once that's done...

-Go here to download the newest UDB database (contains all the world stuff)

-Make sure that your MaNGOS core is up-to-date with the database (check your core's revision number, then the compatible revision number within the file title of the UDB database)

-Download the latest UDB update packs here (if that link doesn't work, go here and find the updates folder in /trunk)

Updating your database with .sql batch files

-Open the .sql file you are going to use to update the database in Notepad

-Open SQLyog and connect to your server

-Select the database that is supposed to be updated

-In the textbox to the right of SQLyog at the top of the application (the query textbox), paste the contents of the .sql file

-Select all the text in the textbox, then press the play button in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

-Parts of the application will become grayed, wait for the query to finish executing

OK, i'm fine up to this part, but this is where it starts to get crazy..

MaNGOS sql dir comes with a mangos.sql but also TONS of 'updates' - are you supposed to manually apply every single one of those updates? why isn't there one query file that is current at any given time in the repository?

Also, UDB comes with a large core sql and then a huge amount of updates..

nothing in these steps says the exact order in which all this stuff is supposed to happen.

So i'll just ask straight out.. if you're installing MaNGOS/UDB for the first time.. what order do you do this in?

is it..

1) create mangos schema

2) apply the large UDB sql e.g. UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql

3) apply the mangos source mangos.sql

?

I did that and the server was able to start without errors...

or do you need to do something crazy like

1) create mangos schema

2) apply mangos source mangos.sql

3) apply all the mangos source sql updates in sql\\updates one by one?! only the one update in the current core version like the 9297 item template for instance..? etc

4) apply full UDB sql like above

5) go into UDB\\updates in the version additions folder and add every single update in there one by one

It's very, very unclear from these instructions what to do.

i tried to

1) create mangos schema

2) apply full UDB sql

3) try to apply UDB\\updates sqls but got all sorts of errors related to db_version table (which mangos source mangos.sql seemed to fix..)

anyway, that's enough text for now, hopefully someone has some guidance here-- i don't know how anybody can think this mess makes sense!

OK, i'm fine up to this part, but this is where it starts to get crazy..

MaNGOS sql dir comes with a mangos.sql but also TONS of 'updates' - are you supposed to manually apply every single one of those updates? why isn't there one query file that is current at any given time in the repository?

Also, UDB comes with a large core sql and then a huge amount of updates..

nothing in these steps says the exact order in which all this stuff is supposed to happen.

So i'll just ask straight out.. if you're installing MaNGOS/UDB for the first time.. what order do you do this in?

is it..

1) create mangos schema

2) apply the large UDB sql e.g. UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql

3) apply the mangos source mangos.sql

?

I did that and the server was able to start without errors...

or do you need to do something crazy like

1) create mangos schema

2) apply mangos source mangos.sql

3) apply all the mangos source sql updates in sql\\updates one by one?! only the one update in the current core version like the 9297 item template for instance..? etc

4) apply full UDB sql like above

5) go into UDB\\updates in the version additions folder and add every single update in there one by one

It's very, very unclear from these instructions what to do.

i tried to

1) create mangos schema

2) apply full UDB sql

3) try to apply UDB\\updates sqls but got all sorts of errors related to db_version table (which mangos source mangos.sql seemed to fix..)

anyway, that's enough text for now, hopefully someone has some guidance here-- i don't know how anybody can think this mess makes sense!

I still have the same problem!

I was logged in the UDB is written "It works!" , It seems that the Data base problem, or should become Update.

I ask if anyone has specific information to give, as we know we.

Thanks!

hi, i got some problem with this step

Adding Databases

-In the top left-hand side, right-click "root@(IP here)"

-Click "Create Database"

-For the database name type in "realmd"

-Do the same, except for two more databases named "mangos" and "characters"

Once that's done...

i don't understand what to do, can someone help me with more hints

thank you

i am getting this error when starting up mangosd.exe

2010-02-11 19:50:31 MaNGOS/0.16.0-DEV (* * Revision 9337 - *) for Win32 (little-endian) [world-daemon]

2010-02-11 19:50:31 <Ctrl-C> to stop.

MM MM MM MM MMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MMM MMM MMM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMMM MM MMMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM M MMM MM MMM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMM MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MMM http://getmangos.eu

MMMMMM

2010-02-11 19:50:31 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2010-02-11 19:50:31 World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos

2010-02-11 19:50:31 MySQL client library: 5.0.56

2010-02-11 19:50:31 MySQL server ver: 5.5.1-m2-community

2010-02-11 19:50:31 ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_9331_01_mangos_quest_template FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2010-02-11 19:50:31 ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9331_01_mangos_quest_template' in 'field list'

2010-02-11 19:50:31 ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_7662_02_mangos_spell_bonus_data` but expected `required_9331_01_mangos_quest_template`! Not all sql updates applied?

any idea what that intells? i dont understand it.

i have this error

ERROR:Map file './maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.

ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

but i have extract from 3.3.0a my map file with the extractor,

what can i do ?

i have this error

ERROR:Map file './maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.

ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

but i have extract from 3.3.0a my map file with the extractor,

what can i do ?

If u're using newest core just re-extract dbc and maps. They was a little changed it 332.

i am getting this error when starting up mangosd.exe

any idea what that intells? i dont understand it.

U has an old dbase (for 7662) but the core expecing for 9331. Update dbase to actualy state.

I'm having heaps of problems trying to actually get a hold of the build files, i'm importing VC90, its giving me successful compilation messages however there are no files in my win32Release folder. I'm doing everything by the guide and still, nothing. Any Pointers?

man you use Visual Studio 8 Proffesional Edition? with this work. I compiled too but he get one error when i finish to import databases.

If u're using newest core just re-extract dbc and maps. They was a little changed it 332.

I re-extract the dbc and maps, but it doesnt fix my problem. My core is up to date with the Db.

So i dont know what to do?

That's my error:

WORLD: VMap data directory is: ./vmaps

2010-02-18 18:04:34 WORLD: VMap config keys are: vmap.enableLOS, vmap.enableHeight, vmap.ignoreMapIds, vmap.ignoreSpellIds

2010-02-18 18:04:34 ERROR:Map file './maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.

2010-02-18 18:04:34 ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

2010-02-21 17:06:40 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2010-02-21 17:06:40 World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;;mangos

2010-02-21 17:06:40 MySQL client library: 5.0.56

2010-02-21 17:06:40 MySQL server ver: 5.5.1-m2-community

2010-02-21 17:06:40 ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_9385_01_mangos_command FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2010-02-21 17:06:40 ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9385_01_mangos_command' in 'field list'

2010-02-21 17:06:40 ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_8731_01_mangos_creature_template` but expected `required_9385_01_mangos_command`! Not all sql updates applied?

What do i do from here?

That error message would mean that you haven't applied all the updates from your SQL folder, but I thought that would be obvious as it says it right there in the error message.

For me, this would be C:\\wherever-you-downloaded-your-mangos-core-stuff-to\\sql\\updates

then, you find all the updates, starting from the update AFTER the currently listed on your mangosd.dbversion (assuming you followed this guide when naming your databases) table on the database (in your case hagro, start updating from **8749_01_mangos_mail_loot_template**. You'll find this in the 0.15 folder) that have the word mangos in them somewhere, leading all the way up to the latest available one in the folder.

Hope this helps.

edit: Judging from the rest of the topic thus far, this should help a lot of you. :P

1.First upload realm characters,mangos from mangos folder

2. Install turtooiseSVN

3.Right on one folder and SVN Checkout and use source http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/ytdbase Then ok.

4. Using Mysql Administrator Apply from R53 folder file: YTDB_0.10.9_R530_MaNGOS_R9225_SD2_R1553_ACID_R302_RuDB_R34.8.7z then updates from that folder with navicat the updates for character and mangos database.

5.All will work just set realmd.conf and mangosd.conf

Hey got some issues with this i keep getting errors saying that there is a password on MySQL server but there isn't any password on it, i can connet to the server with SQLyog as root without a password.

Here is some info from my config file:

realmd.conf

- LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;;realmd"

mangosd.conf

- LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;;realmd"

- WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;;mangos"

- CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;;characters"

Imba edit - I has fixed my noobness no need to read moar :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use