[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

Hey guys, its me again, this time, when i look in my contrib folder, then i go to extractor, i see the ad file. it doesnt say .exe, so i rename it ad.exe

i put it in my wow folder and try to run it, but it gives me an error

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, then contact the software publisher."

So i check my system, and for System type, it says "64-bit Operating System"

What did i do wrong?

Much Appreciation, Thanks!

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, its me again, this time, when i look in my contrib folder, then i go to extractor, i see the ad file. it doesnt say .exe, so i rename it ad.exe

i put it in my wow folder and try to run it, but it gives me an error

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, then contact the software publisher."

So i check my system, and for System type, it says "64-bit Operating System"

What did i do wrong?

Much Appreciation, Thanks!

That's because you renamed a file that's not intended to be an .exe file.

There are two files within that directory, one called "ad", and the other one called "ad.exe".

You must use the file called "ad.exe", or else you will get this error.

If you can't see the file ad.exe, then download the source again, or compile ad.exe.

i dont know too much about what im doing wrong but here is the problem im getting

2009-11-18 09:19:44 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2009-11-18 09:19:44 World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos

2009-11-18 09:19:44 MySQL client library: 5.0.56

2009-11-18 09:19:44 MySQL server ver: 5.1.40-community

2009-11-18 09:19:44 ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_8818_01_mangos_mangos_string FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2009-11-18 09:19:44 ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_8818_01_mangos_mangos_string' in 'field list'

2009-11-18 09:19:44 ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_8777_02_mangos_gameobject` but expected `required_8818_01_mangos

i have followed all the steps in this guide maybe im just being an idiot somewhere and makeing an error somewhere that i havent relized

well i got that one out of the way now i just gotta find a item creation tool that works anyone know any good websites or programs to do so???

I set my VC++ Directories to:

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\bin (Executable Files)

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Include (Include Files)

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Lib (Library Files)

And already set Scripts "Project Dependencies" to mangosd

Compiling Mangos Rev 8778, using Windows 7 RC1 and Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, here's the last line I got:

12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\\..\\dep\\lib\\win32_release\\tbbmalloc.lib'
12>Build log was saved at "file://d:\\Master Games\\World Of Warcraft\\Master Server\\Core\\mangos\\win\\VC90\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
12>mangosd - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
13>------ Rebuild All started: Project: script, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
13>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'script', configuration 'Release|Win32'
13>Compiling...
13>sc_default.cpp
13>system.cpp
13>ScriptMgr.cpp
13>Linking...
13>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib'
13>Build log was saved at "file://d:\\Master Games\\World Of Warcraft\\Master Server\\Core\\mangos\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
13>script - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 8 succeeded, 5 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Any suggestion?

i Get the ssame kind of error... someone please help me out ........

Need some help with Phenomenon's Guide..

I made the GIT gui clone on c:\\MaNGOS, I have compiled C:\\MaNGOS\\win\\mangosdVC90.sln succesfull

But now im lost in the dark /help ... In the guide it sais , the next step is...

Installing MaNGOS

-Add all the .exe files, .dll files and .pdb files in the compile folder into your Mangos folder (Ctrl + F to find them)

Uhm ... Im asuming I should copy all the .exe, .dll, and .pdb files from C:\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\ to ... to where?

I dont understand where to copy them. Whats the meaning of "your mangos folder"??

Any tips? thanks :)

This is exactly the same problem I'm having just don't understand whats meant (refering to the poster above me).

I get confused with the Core and source folder. I only have one folder. When I make the orginal blank folder and run git, and fill out everything according to the instructions I'm told it can't clone to the folder because it exists already. So I tell it to clone to mangos1. That leaves me two folders a completely empty folder called mangos (where I right clicked and told it to Git GUI here) and the folder with the data from the git:// etc. Then I compile and have all the files I'm supposed to have. So...when you say to move these files to the mangos folder, do i just make a new empty folder with just those moved files in it? Very confusing for such a simple thing.

I'm getting this error

Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009 (Library: OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009)

Using ACE: 5.6.6

World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos

Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1

MySQL client library: 5.0.56

MySQL server ver: 5.1.41-community

AUTOCOMMIT SUCCESSFULLY SET TO 1

SQL: SELECT required_8851_01_mangos_spell_proc_event FROM db_version LIMIT 1

query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_8851_01_mangos_spell_proc_event' in 'field

list'

[0 ms] SQL: SELECT * FROM db_version LIMIT 1

Table `db_version` have field `required_8731_01_mangos_creature_template` but ex

pected `required_8851_01_mangos_spell_proc_event`! Not all sql updates applied?

[0 ms] SQL: SET NAMES `utf8`

[0 ms] SQL: SET CHARACTER SET `utf8`

I went to /sql/updates and installed the 8851_01_mangos_spell_proc_event and didnt fix anything. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

I Have compiled my VC90 created the core file made the database on SQLyog82.exe now i imported the sql's for realmd(only the sql's that are in the sql folder) and characters but here is my problem : What should i do with the mangos database do i need to apply UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql and wich other updates sorry im super stupid when it comes to these kinds of stuff. . . .:confused:

and i downloaded all the software yesterday so that shouldn't be a problem

and i wanted to know about the core and source folders So the core folder should have only the files in he said we should copy and the dbc and maps folders ?

2009-11-24 00:26:00 ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_8731_01_mangos_creature_template` but expected `required_8863_01_mangos_spell_proc_event`! Not all sql updates applied?

Your hint is right there. Getting MaNGOS going is no easy task, but the information is out there.

Hello. Does " ERROR:Error in instance_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 9 fields in sql)." mean that I have a mismatch between my MaNGOS version and database version?

I'm using MaNGOS/0.15.0-DEV Revision 8866 and UDB 11.6 Core 8734 (with updates applied). Thanks.

Hello. Does " ERROR:Error in instance_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 9 fields in sql)." mean that I have a mismatch between my MaNGOS version and database version?

I'm using MaNGOS/0.15.0-DEV Revision 8866 and UDB 11.6 Core 8734 (with updates applied). Thanks.

that means that your DB is for revision 8734 and you are using core revision 8866 - you have to apply all sql updates between 8734 and 8866 (take a look at you SQL folder)

that means that your DB is for revision 8734 and you are using core revision 8866 - you have to apply all sql updates between 8734 and 8866 (take a look at you SQL folder)

Ok. I'll start from scratch again. I applied all updates in the source sql folder until MaNGOS didn't ask for more and the base template has more than 9 columns. Thanks.

@Corazondedragon

Did you get sqlyog? i use navicat lite i like the interface better but they both should work just fine..

have you created your DB's using sql yog? after you get udb you use either sqlyog or navicat lite and do an "execute batch" or "execute sql", depending on version.. im not sure about sqlyog but im sure there is something similar, this imports the UDB information into the mangos DB

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to install the UDB in a fresh install of mangos and I have been getting errors with mangos starting afterwards.

Mangos will run fine until I try to install the UDB. From the server database under mangos>db_version, I have version 8912 of the mangos core.

When I install the latest UDB, I install the full db for clean install. I add it to the mangos like I am supposed to. I try and start mangos and it shuts down right away because it is expecting mangos core 8912 and it is not that core anymore according to the database. The updates from the UDB directory do not even get it to the 8912 core. What do I need to do to get mangos to run correctly so that I have all of the creatures/npcs/quests and everything else?

Thank you in advance. I have WOW version 3.2.2a installed and all of the maps are for this version.

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to install the UDB in a fresh install of mangos and I have been getting errors with mangos starting afterwards.

Mangos will run fine until I try to install the UDB. From the server database under mangos>db_version, I have version 8912 of the mangos core.

When I install the latest UDB, I install the full db for clean install. I add it to the mangos like I am supposed to. I try and start mangos and it shuts down right away because it is expecting mangos core 8912 and it is not that core anymore according to the database. The updates from the UDB directory do not even get it to the 8912 core. What do I need to do to get mangos to run correctly so that I have all of the creatures/npcs/quests and everything else?

Thank you in advance. I have WOW version 3.2.2a installed and all of the maps are for this version.

You should have a "/sql/updates/" folder in the main MaNGOS directory. UDB will compile these together into chunks whenever they release an update pack to make updating easier. However, MaNGOS has new code released more often than UDB updates. You need to use the .sql files in this folder to finish updating your database. Just run the files one by one on the appropriate database.

ok guys this is a Realy big ask, i know Sweet Screw all about this sort of thing yet i want to make a Private WoW server so me and my mates can play as i got a few who play lol but yea ive read this yet im still as confused as a man in a Women Clothing section lol please help me by giving me a Fool proof way of this install if possible

Someone can rewrite this guide? Many things changed, some things dont understand and could be more explanations.

The guide is still up to date, just when it comes to updateing the database it's a little off, Download the UDB from the link, import it into your database, once that is done, import any of the .sql files in your updates folder past your revision, so if you got 7439(made up) do all past that. then you'll be good to go.:lol:

Ok ive read this thread and searched the forums a few times am still a bit confused which UDB update/s i need to run im running mangos core 8953 and am getting these errors in my realmsd log and server log can someone point me in the right direction or order of which updates i need to run and into which databases realmsd,mangos, characters and/or sd2

did a fullclean install and then ran UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql so what am i missing?

is there anyway to run the scripts en mass? I am using SQLylog vommunity edition

UDB forums seem to be down so cant get any assistance there

After streaming a log of data abouot 2.8mbs with errors stating cannot load certain creature items it fails with an error

2009-12-13 01:49:09 ERROR:Wrong creature id 17252 in `pet_levelstats` table, ignoring.

2009-12-13 01:49:09 ERROR:Wrong creature id 17252 in `pet_levelstats` table, ignoring.

2009-12-13 01:49:09

2009-12-13 01:49:09 >> Loaded 10 level pet stats definitions

2009-12-13 01:49:09 ERROR:Creature 1 does not have pet stats data for Level 1!

also my db_version table seems to have 3 db versions in it

`version` varchar (360),

`creature_ai_version` varchar (360),

`cache_id` double ,

`required_8950_01_mangos_spell_proc_event` bit (1),

`required_8946_01_mangos_spell_proc_event` bit (1),

`required_8943_01_mangos_spell_chain` bit (1)

Hi!

When I was installing MySQL server, when it asks you about the password, I introduced mangos as it is said in the guide. But when I run it, I get this message (even without firewall):

Error Nr. 1045

Access denied for user'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

So, I did not chose the option "Modify Security Settings" and it was completed succesfully.

When configuring SQLyog Connection, I did not introduce any password and it finished correctly.

The problem comes again when modifying mangosd.conf and realmd.conf. I leave the fields like this:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "localhost;3306;root;;realmd"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "localhost;3306;root;;mangos"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "localhost;3306;root;;characters"

And I get the same error as above when runnig mangosd.exe and realmd.exe. So my question is: how do I leave the above fields so the program knows that I'm not using any password? If that is not possible, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks all

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use