[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your Db revision doesn't match your MaNGOS rev...apply all needed sql updates..

Hi, please can somebody explain to me exactly how to install the UDB (I restored from SQL to my Mangos database) and then update it, which database do I select, which updates do I download? I get errors on all of them. I would really appreciate this information in a for idiots manner please!

Thanks for the great guide and help so far guys, I'm just at the last hurdle now!

Hey

this is a noob question but plz help when I start mangos.exe

i get this error:

2009-09-21 15:41:21 MaNGOS/0.14.0-DEV (* * Revision 8518 - *) for Win32 (little-endian) [world-daemon]

2009-09-21 15:41:21 <Ctrl-C> to stop.

MM MM MM MM MMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MMM MMM MMM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMMM MM MMMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM M MMM MM MMM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMM MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MMM http://getmangos.eu

MMMMMM

2009-09-21 15:41:21 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2009-09-21 15:41:21 World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;adminshadow;mangos

2009-09-21 15:41:21 MySQL client library: 5.0.56

2009-09-21 15:41:21 MySQL server ver: 5.0.67-community-nt

2009-09-21 15:41:21 ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_8514_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2009-09-21 15:41:21 ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_8514_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data' in 'field list'

2009-09-21 15:41:21 ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_7662_02_mangos_spell_bonus_data` but expected `required_8514_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data`! Not all sql updates applied?

ok now from what i understand i need to update my database with the updates but how to i do that

Everything works fine for me except one thing:

When I double-click mangos.exe to run it, it starts up, for the briefest second I see the program run, and then it simply up and closes itself down. It doesn't stay up long enough for me to see exactly what is appearing in the window; I don't think there are any error messages though I believe the last line or two in the window before it shuts down are colored red. Mangos.exe simply closes itself down almost immediately after starting up.

Realmsd.exe runs and stays running, I see the following:

Using configuration file realmd.conf.

OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009 <Library: OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009>

Database: (localhost);(port);(username);(password);realmd

Connected to MySQL Database at (localhost)

MySQL Client Library: 5.0.56

MySQL Server ver: 5.1.39-community

AUTOCOMMIT SUCCESSFULLY SET TO 1

Updating Realm List...

Added Realm "MaNGOS".

realmd process priority class set to HIGH

Accepting connection from (localhost)

anyone have any ideas?

Everything works fine for me except one thing:

When I double-click mangos.exe to run it, it starts up, for the briefest second I see the program run, and then it simply up and closes itself down. It doesn't stay up long enough for me to see exactly what is appearing in the window; I don't think there are any error messages though I believe the last line or two in the window before it shuts down are colored red. Mangos.exe simply closes itself down almost immediately after starting up.

Realmsd.exe runs and stays running, I see the following:

Using configuration file realmd.conf.

OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009 <Library: OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009>

Database: (localhost);(port);(username);(password);realmd

Connected to MySQL Database at (localhost)

MySQL Client Library: 5.0.56

MySQL Server ver: 5.1.39-community

AUTOCOMMIT SUCCESSFULLY SET TO 1

Updating Realm List...

Added Realm "MaNGOS".

realmd process priority class set to HIGH

Accepting connection from (localhost)

anyone have any ideas?

run from a command prompt and you will see the error.

I ran mangosd from the command prompt, and I thank you for that tip.

I see the following error messages:

query ERROR: Table 'mangos.db_version' doesn't exist

(the remaining error messages are the same except for the table names declared non-existent:

mangos.creatures

mangos.gameobject

mangos.mangos_string

I ran a forum search for "mangos.db_version doesn't exist' and found nothing.

If you need me to post the entire output for mangosd.exe, let me know.

EDIT: I fixed scriptdev2.conf by putting in the proper password for my MySQL database. Got the same result.

Fixed my DB prob but got now i got this problem...

2009-09-27 19:19:45 ERROR:

Some required *.dbc files (5 from 79) not found or not compatible:

./dbc/ItemExtendedCost.dbc (exist, but have 16 fields instead 15) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Map.dbc (exist, but have 65 fields instead 118) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/ScalingStatValues.dbc (exist, but have 24 fields instead 19) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 239 fields instead 232) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/WorldMapArea.dbc (exist, but have 11 fields instead 10) Wrong client version DBC file?

means my wow client is to high...is there a way to fix that or a way i can make my db compatible with 3.2 or 3.2.2 and future releases?

you havent setup/imported your DB properly.

Re read the instructions or read the FAQ thread.

I know I can't prove this from where I am and you would be inclined to disagree anyway since I am still getting error messages, but I am very certain I followed the instructions to the letter. That being said I will go over them again. If I can't find a step that doesn't look familiar I will restart from the beginning. I'm not in a rush to get this all done, heh.

I know I can't prove this from where I am and you would be inclined to disagree anyway since I am still getting error messages, but I am very certain I followed the instructions to the letter. That being said I will go over them again. If I can't find a step that doesn't look familiar I will restart from the beginning. I'm not in a rush to get this all done, heh.

I cbf to look at your original reply to determine your problem, but if it's a database issue you'll most likely get better help from the database provider's site.

Hello, i am new to the forum but i joined especially for this guide.

Which is great by the way, the only problem i have is the way you explain;

Im guessing your English is native, my own isn't that's why i am having a hard time understanding some of the things you wrote, and so i can't move forward and complete the server, my problems are as follows:

Problem 1.

The download link for MySQL server your provided leads to a page that has been removed, mysql 6.0 was the version, so..i got instead this: mysql-5.4.2-beta-win32 , hope it's ok.

I installed it and works well..fine i guess.

The problem is MySQL.exe isn't showing up in my task manager and dosen't seem to be running o.O

I am using vista.

I configured the mysql, done everything like you said and everything went well without any errors or so on, but i was wondering that because it isn't appearing in Task Manager as a running process, it diden't work, am i mistaken?

Problem 2.

I am using Dynamic IP Adress that's the way my ISP is, i connect threw PPPoE using user&pass, so everytime i connect, i get a different IP, so to that end i have Download and Created and account at DynDNS.com.

There i've chose a hostname, namely petzy.ath.cx

I downloaded they're little updating program and it stays always on and connect in my Tray, basically it syncronizes my IP adress (which ever it is, even if it changes) with the petzy.ath.cx hostname, so if someone were to connect to my computer by what ever means, it would be enough for them to just type in the connection box petzy.ath.cx instead of my IP.

Ok, my problem now is this; when i open SQLyog and type in the MySQL Host Adress field the hostname localhost it connects succesfully, but when i type petzy.ath.cx i get the following error:

Error No.1130

Host 'Petzy-Pc' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Why?

I want the server to be online, so that anyone can join and play on it, the server will run on my PC that's why i use the DNS Updater so that if i change ip's they can still connect to the server using only that hostname.

So as best i understand so far, i have to also connect to petzy.ath.cx in SQLyog or i can just use localhost ?

If i use localhost in SQLyog, wouldn't that mean others won't be able to connect to the server and play? this part i don't understand, if you can please help me with an answer.

Setting up the databases

-Run SQLyog

-Click the "New Connection" button at the top of the connection window somewhere

-Name the connection anything you like

-Fill out the fields as indicated below:

MySQL Host Address: This is "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" for playing singleplayer or LAN; if you want to put your server online, put this as the IP or DNS of the server that MaNGOS is being hosted on.

Username: Type in "root".

Password: This is the password you set up when you installed the MySQL Community Server.

Database(s): Leave this blank for now.

-Click "Connect"

The reason i don't understand this is because you said i should put the ip or dns in that field of the PC where the server will be hosted on, so i did, and it won't connect, it will only connect if i type localhost in.

Problem 3.

So, in my effort to understand further, i used localhost and continued on with the Guide, skipped that part i quoted above.

I did this succesfully:

Adding Databases

-In the top left-hand side, right-click "root@(IP here)"

-Click "Create Database"

-For the database name type in "realmd"

-Do the same, except for two more databases named "mangos" and "characters"

Once that's done...

-Click "File" in the menu at the top of SQLyog

-Click "New Connection"

-This time in the databases field, type:

realmd;mangos;characters

-When SQLyog asks if you'd like to save the changes, choose yes

-Click "Connect"

-Now, in the left-hand database list, right-click "realmd" and click "Restore from SQL Dump"

-Click "Browse", and select your MaNGOS source folder, then go into the "sql" folder and select realmd.sql

-Click "Execute"

Once that's done...

-Right-click "characters" and select "Restore from SQL Dump"

-Click "Browse", and select the characters.sql in the same sql folder

-Click "Execute"

Once that's done...

So i did all this without a glitch so far, but i got stuck again at this:

-Go here to download the newest UDB database (contains all the world stuff)

I did this, and downloaded this:

UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.rar

Problem is, i don't understand what to do with this.

Further problem:

-Make sure that your MaNGOS core is up-to-date with the database (check your core's revision number, then the compatible revision number within the file title of the UDB database)

I got no idea how to do this.

-Download the latest UDB update packs here (if that link doesn't work, go here and find the updates folder in /trunk)

Diden't understand this at all, i still have to do it? or i got it right the first time when i downloaded that .rar ?

Problem 4.

Updating your database with .sql batch files

-Open the .sql file you are going to use to update the database in Notepad

-Open SQLyog and connect to your server

-Select the database that is supposed to be updated

-In the textbox to the right of SQLyog at the top of the application (the query textbox), paste the contents of the .sql file

-Select all the text in the textbox, then press the play button in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

-Parts of the application will become grayed, wait for the query to finish executing

I don't understand this at all.

Which .sql file to open with notepad? from where? you lost me here :P

-----

Ok, those are my problems, now comes this:

Configuring MaNGOS and so on in the guide, till it finishes.

I know how to do all that, and already done it, no problems there.

So my main problems are the ones stated above.

One additional question besides those problems:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "petzy.ath.cx;3306;root;[edited];realmd"

LogsDir = ""

MaxPingTime = 30

RealmServerPort = 3724

BindIP = "petzy.ath.cx"

PidFile = ""

LogLevel = 0

LogTime = 0

LogFile = "Realmd.log"

LogTimestamp = 0

LogFileLevel = 0

LogColors = ""

UseProcessors = 0

ProcessPriority = 1

RealmsStateUpdateDelay = 20

WrongPass.MaxCount = 0

WrongPass.BanTime = 600

WrongPass.BanType = 0

In realmd.conf should i leave this 0.0.0.0 or petzy.ath.cx ? it was set by default to 0.0.0.0 and i changed it to petzy.ath.cx

BindIP = "petzy.ath.cx"

And shouldn't i "Restore From SQL Dump" mangos.sql too? you mentioned only realmd.sql and characthers.sql in the Restore from sql dump part of the guide, what about mangosd.sql? i see there is that file too there in the folder, just wondering why u diden't mention it too :P forgot? or dosen't have to be restored from sql dump like the realmd and characters?

Sorry for my long post, i just tryed to explain as best i could my problems :)

Im not that good at English so i hope you understand.

Really looking forward for some "n00b friendly" answers, thanks allot!

Sorry for my long post, i just tryed to explain as best i could my problems :)

Im not that good at English so i hope you understand.

Really looking forward for some "n00b friendly" answers, thanks allot!

Ok i'm going to attempt to give you some guidance.

First of all mysql runs as a service so in Task Manager you will see it in the services tab. Furthermore, if you were able to connect to it using sqlyog then you are ok and it is running.

As for your connection question. You should not make the mysql server visible to the public. The fact that you can't connect to mysql using the DynDns address is actually a good thing. I would recommend you leave it like that unless you absolutely need outside access to mysql.

Ok on the udb issues I would recommend you go to the UDB forums and follow the how-to there. It should explain the things you need to do to get UDB installed.

Finally in the mangos config you should not be using the DynDns address you should just use your local ip address (ie. the one your router gives you.) On the BindIP you should just leave that as the default 0.0.0.0 this is used for when you have more than one network card to let mangos know which card it is binding to.

Hope this helps you.

Ok i'm going to attempt to give you some guidance.

First of all mysql runs as a service so in Task Manager you will see it in the services tab. Furthermore, if you were able to connect to it using sqlyog then you are ok and it is running.

As for your connection question. You should not make the mysql server visible to the public. The fact that you can't connect to mysql using the DynDns address is actually a good thing. I would recommend you leave it like that unless you absolutely need outside access to mysql.

Ok on the udb issues I would recommend you go to the UDB forums and follow the how-to there. It should explain the things you need to do to get UDB installed.

Finally in the mangos config you should not be using the DynDns address you should just use your local ip address (ie. the one your router gives you.) On the BindIP you should just leave that as the default 0.0.0.0 this is used for when you have more than one network card to let mangos know which card it is binding to.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the kind explanation mate, i followed your advice and went to udb forums, diden't get a thing there either, it's just too beyond me this database thing o.O

Maybe you could point me to a link with detailed explanation on what it is, how to and so on ? would really appreciate it.

I cbf to look at your original reply to determine your problem, but if it's a database issue you'll most likely get better help from the database provider's site.

Well Phenom, everything works fine until I get to this step...

-Go here to download the newest UDB database (contains all the world stuff)

-Make sure that your MaNGOS core is up-to-date with the database (check your core's revision number, then the compatible revision number within the file title of the UDB database)

-Download the latest UDB update packs here (if that link doesn't work, go here and find the updates folder in /trunk)

I went to the site listed in the link you posted (Unified DB in sourceforge dot net) and downloaded the following:

UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql

382_corepatch_characters_8030_to_8280.sql

382_corepatch_mangos_8030_to_8280.sql

382_updatepack_mangos.sql

I then followed these instructions exactly as you listed them:

Updating your database with .sql batch files

-Open the .sql file you are going to use to update the database in Notepad

-Open SQLyog and connect to your server

-Select the database that is supposed to be updated

-In the textbox to the right of SQLyog at the top of the application (the query textbox), paste the contents of the .sql file

-Select all the text in the textbox, then press the play button in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

-Parts of the application will become grayed, wait for the query to finish executing

The problems I ran into were that with the characters corepatch file, I got some kind of unknown column error-- please excuse me for not posting it completely, since Mangos does not support WoW 3.2 yet, I am trying to build and configure it on another hard drive where I have WoW patched only up to 3.1.3, following instructions on how to do that which were listed on this site. If you need me to boot up with that drive as my primary master drive so I can run the programs and get the logs, let me know and I'll do it.

Also, how do I find out the revision number of my Mangos core? I tried doing a search of this forum on how to do that and didn't find exactly what I needed.

The next problem is that the core file is absolutely HUMONGOUS... about 67.5 MB. That file is just far too huge to load into Notepad or even OpenOffice (a generic, free program that works like Microsoft Office)-- any time I try, the program completely locks up and stops responding and I have to shut it down. This is assuming that I am supposed to put it into SQLyog and run it to update my database... and your instructions don't say exactly WHICH database to put that file in if I have to do it... mangos, realmd, or characters. I DO know to try and update the characters database with the corepatch_characters file and the mangos database with the corepatch_mangos file and then the updatepack_mangos file... or am I wrong on that? I apologize for having no knowledge or experience in database/IT stuff, but that's the breaks. As good as I am with computers, anything programming-related is the one aspect of computers I am pretty much learning-challenged on.

Finally... if those files are written by another party completely unassociated with the Mangos development team, and neither team promises any compatibility with, or support for, the other's product... is it any wonder so many people post with questions and "why doesn't this or that work?" It's like trying to use Peter's video game console with Paul's cartridges, and when you run into a problem, Peter says, 'that's not my problem, you have to speak to Paul,' but then Paul insists you go right back to Peter for the answer.

That being said I will go to the UDB forum and ask some questions there. Do I need to search for the forums on Dogpile, or does anyone know the URL? (there is NO link to their forums on their sourceforge.net page, I checked and clicked on the forums button but it doesn't take me to any message board.)

EDIT: Okay, wait a second... I think I might have just figured something out.

>>UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql<<

Does this mean I have to apply every single update in the sourceforge pages one by one until that "7681" in the file name is "8280?"

That would be one heck of a royal PITA but if that's what I have to do, then I can do it.

Still... what exactly do I do with that core file? Where do I put it? I still can't load it into SQLyog because it's just far too huge to place into any text-editing program.

as far as i can tell, you open that with notepad (wordpad works better at buffering that huge text)

you wait patiently for it to load, ctrl + a and ctrl + c everything inside, then with sqlyog you go select mangos database, and in Query paste that, wait patient, that ctrl + a what you just pasted in the Query, and click the second icon starting from the left up in the menu of sqlyog (execute / play)

then wait for it to finish

im not 100% sure but this seems to be the answer as best as i can tell so far, im waiting for answers too

>>UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql<<

Does this mean I have to apply every single update in the sourceforge pages one by one until that "7681" in the file name is "8280?"

That would be one heck of a royal PITA but if that's what I have to do, then I can do it.

Still... what exactly do I do with that core file? Where do I put it? I still can't load it into SQLyog because it's just far too huge to place into any text-editing program.

yes you have to apply every update until it matches your MaNGOS revision, im wondering how you find out revision numbers also, as they are not posted anywhere and I used GIT to get the release.

As for the UDB .sql file, you dont need to use a text editor, right click your mangos database and go to import in the menu, then click "Restore from SQL Dump" when the window comes up you click the little "..." button and browse for your UDB core .sql file and click execute. I'm hoping this helps you as im not sure what you mean about placing it in a text editor, pasting the contents from the core file into the query box is the same as importing from an sql dump.

:)

I'm also having the "Perhaps sql updates are missing?" error when I run mangosd, even though I updated everything like the guide said, then again I dont even know what revision I'm using cuz I cant find it posted anywhere lol, strangeness...

Edit: I just looked at UDB forum and apparently they haven't updated anything in months, soooo I guess I just cant use mangos til they update... which sux. Either wait or go back to an older server core (I think im going to wait cuz I don't want to have two installs of wow on my computer just to use an old/supported core and db)... wondering why UDB is so far behind mangos team lol

hi i just joind here i follow the guide from first page but i dont have

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2 i only have

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs so ive selected this wich has bin include and lib folders

but i get errors when unpacking with vc++ ive tryd clean then build i get same errors its set to relese and

w32 here is the vc++ unpacker errors theres 11 errors

1>------ Build started: Project: genrevision, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

2>------ Build started: Project: framework, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

2>Compiling...

1>Compiling...

2>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\framework__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

1>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\genrevision__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

1>genrevision - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>framework - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

3>------ Build started: Project: g3dlite, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

3>Compiling...

3>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\g3dlite__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

3>g3dlite - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

4>------ Build started: Project: zlib, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

4>Compiling...

4>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

4>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\zlib__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

4>zlib - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

5>------ Build started: Project: ACE_Wrappers, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

5>Compiling...

5>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

5>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\ace__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

5>ACE_Wrappers - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

6>------ Build started: Project: sockets, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

6>Compiling...

6>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

6>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\sockets__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

6>sockets - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

7>------ Build started: Project: shared, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

7>Performing Build SystemConfig.h

7> 1 file(s) copied.

7>Extract revision

7>'"c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\shared__Win32_Release\\\\..\\genrevision__Win32_Release\\genrevision.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

7>operable program or batch file.

7>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Extract revision"

7>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\shared__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

7>shared - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

8>------ Build started: Project: realmd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

9>------ Build started: Project: game, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

8>Compiling...

8>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

8>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\realmd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

8>realmd - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

9>Compiling...

9>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

9>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\game__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

9>game - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

10>------ Build started: Project: mangosd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

10>Compiling...

10>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

10>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

10>mangosd - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

11>------ Build started: Project: script, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

11>Compiling...

11>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

11>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MANGOS\\win\\VC80\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

11>script - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 11 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use