[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

i did everything exactly the same as in the guide no errors no problems BUT when i try to login somewhere else that is not the server pc it says success and nothing else happens y hit cancel and i can see the realms then i clic on them and it says loggin into the server but nothing happens i cant login from somewhere else

does anyone knows why it could be

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guyz pls help me here.. when i follow the steps

-Install your GIT client if you haven't already

-Once installed, make a folder anywhere and call it whatever you want (this will be your MaNGOS source folder so you might want to call it "MaNGOS" or something)

-Right click your new folder and select "Git GUI Here"

-When the GIT GUI window comes up, click on "Clone Existing Repository"

-Another window should pop up

-In the "Source Location" field, type in:

Code:

git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

-In the "Target Directory" field, type in the filepath of your folder (e.g. C:\\MaNGOS)

-Click "Clone" and wait for it to finish

-Once it's done, close the GIT GUI

After pressing Clone i get this error

gitx.jpg

my file path is also correct.

guyz pls help me here.. when i follow the steps

-Install your GIT client if you haven't already

-Once installed, make a folder anywhere and call it whatever you want (this will be your MaNGOS source folder so you might want to call it "MaNGOS" or something)

-Right click your new folder and select "Git GUI Here"

-When the GIT GUI window comes up, click on "Clone Existing Repository"

-Another window should pop up

-In the "Source Location" field, type in:

Code:

git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

-In the "Target Directory" field, type in the filepath of your folder (e.g. C:\\MaNGOS)

-Click "Clone" and wait for it to finish

-Once it's done, close the GIT GUI

After pressing Clone i get this error

delete the c:\\mangos directory, then try again.

i did everything exactly the same as in the guide no errors no problems BUT when i try to login somewhere else that is not the server pc it says success and nothing else happens y hit cancel and i can see the realms then i clic on them and it says loggin into the server but nothing happens i cant login from somewhere else

check firewall and port forwarding.

THanks for ur guid ! but i have problem with downloding MySQL server & GIT client can anyone upload them in somewhere

http://www.mysql.com

http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list

google is amazing, isnt it?

Hi i got the server all running but im having problems... there are no items npc's or mobs

I dont know were to start to solve this :S

:( some help would be great cheers :lol:

you need database content.

Hi, thank you for the reply : )

Just wondering though I add each of those paths separately in the corresponding drop down menu right? Not just all of them in "executables" correct?

Also where is the "compile" folder?

I'm was to give up on this but I think I will try a couple more times heh

in the bin, include, lib tabs respectively.

Output directory will be wherever you told VC++ to make it.

i did everything exactly the same as in the guide no errors no problems BUT when i try to login somewhere else that is not the server pc it says success! and nothing else happens if i clic cancel and i can see the realms then i clic on them and it says logging into the server but nothing happens i return after a few sec to the realmlist screen if i change the realmlist in the database to the local ip address of the pc 192.168.0.6 and change the realmlist.wtf to that same ip the it works BUT that will not work for the people that is trying to connect form outside of my network i also thought it was the ports so i changed it to DMZ to avoid any trouble but nothing yet

please give me some hint idea w/e that will help me find out what is wrong...

thxs

i did everything exactly the same as in the guide no errors no problems BUT when i try to login somewhere else that is not the server pc it says success! and nothing else happens if i clic cancel and i can see the realms then i clic on them and it says logging into the server but nothing happens i return after a few sec to the realmlist screen if i change the realmlist in the database to the local ip address of the pc 192.168.0.6 and change the realmlist.wtf to that same ip the it works BUT that will not work for the people that is trying to connect form outside of my network i also thought it was the ports so i changed it to DMZ to avoid any trouble but nothing yet

please give me some hint idea w/e that will help me find out what is wrong...

thxs

read the FAQ which is linked in my signature, FAQ 5.b or 5.c. Also google realmlist loop.

read the FAQ which is linked in my signature, FAQ 5.b or 5.c. Also google realmlist loop.

i have the server in DMZ i already read that FAQ also but im gonna lookup for that realmlist loop as u said to see if that helps me solve this issue thanks

I have a single question. The instructions tell me to move the exe files, dll files, and pdb files from the compile folder to the MaNGOS folder, but what is the difference between them? I have a single MaNGOS folder (with the little subfolders that Git made) that contains all the files already, nothing else. I don't know where I'm supposed to be moving them or whatever else it's telling me to do.

I have a single question. The instructions tell me to move the exe files, dll files, and pdb files from the compile folder to the MaNGOS folder, but what is the difference between them? I have a single MaNGOS folder (with the little subfolders that Git made) that contains all the files already, nothing else. I don't know where I'm supposed to be moving them or whatever else it's telling me to do.

u move them to somewhere where you'll be placing your dbc and map files :) you don't want those things in your bin folder because you have to recompile mangos everytime you update and that bin folder is the result of the compile. I have my mangos launch directory at c:\\mangos\\

my dbc and map files are at c:\\mangos\\dbc and c:\\mangos\\maps

Alright, another problem

I'm trying to configure MySQL for localhost use, and I'm at the point where you apply the security settings with MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard. I turned my firewall off and I used the default password where the instructions said to, but it comes up with an error every time I try it (At the point where it says 'Apply security settings'). What am I doing wrong?

Here's the error I'm having

Alright, another problem

I'm trying to configure MySQL for localhost use, and I'm at the point where you apply the security settings with MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard. I turned my firewall off and I used the default password where the instructions said to, but it comes up with an error every time I try it (At the point where it says 'Apply security settings'). What am I doing wrong?

Here's the error I'm having

i would guess that you already have an instance of mysql running/installed, in which case you have a problem.

The error your getting means that your mysql password is not correct, best to stop the running service, uninstall, and reinstall.

Alright, I'll try that

EDIT: Alright, it worked and I'm almost done.

Now I just need to fix the stupid vanishing black box bug...

EDIT again: It's complaining about vmaps. Those weren't even mentioned in the guide. What am I supposed to do about those?

Im Haveing the Same problem but from some reason the board will not let me see any other page but the first one so i can see if there is a solution to the problem

just wanted to let others know that if you search for Microsoft Windows SDK for windows server 2008 and .net framework 3.5 it will fix the problem

you will then need to add the following paths as

C:/program Files/Microsoft SDKs/windows/v6.1/bin to Exe Tab

C:/program Files/Microsoft SDKs/windows/v6.1/Include to Include tab

C:/program Files/Microsoft SDKs/windows/v6.1/lib to libary Tab

Clean and build

Build Successfull with this fix

Excelent solution: after spending several hours trying to bypass the errors I was getting I stumbled upon it, downloaded the SDK mentioned, clean, build and it completed with 11 succeeded and 0 failed! Thank you very much!

Thanks for the reply but I still don't understand what you are saying I need to do.

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Bin

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Include

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Lib

Doesn't exist on my computer

The path may be different on your system. On my notebook they're called:

C:\\Programme\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\bin

C:\\Programme\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Include

C:\\Programme\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Lib

Just step through your file system on C: and look out for files that sound "something" like that SDK. Seems like the names aren't always exact.

hey i get this problem do u guys know the solution greetings darkside.

2009-08-07 17:03:29 SQL: SELECT version, creature_ai_version FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2009-08-07 17:03:29 query ERROR: Table 'mangos.db_version' doesn't exist

2009-08-07 17:03:29 SQL: SELECT MAX(guid) FROM creature

2009-08-07 17:03:29 query ERROR: Table 'mangos.creature' doesn't exist

2009-08-07 17:03:29 SQL: SELECT MAX(guid) FROM gameobject

2009-08-07 17:03:29 query ERROR: Table 'mangos.gameobject' doesn't exist

2009-08-07 17:03:29 SQL: SELECT entry,content_default,content_loc1,content_loc2,content_loc3,content_loc4,content_loc5,content_loc6,content_loc7,content_loc8 FROM mangos_string

2009-08-07 17:03:29 query ERROR: Table 'mangos.mangos_string' doesn't exist

2009-08-07 17:03:29 >> Loaded 0 mangos strings. DB table `mangos_string` is empty. Cannot continue.

I had some trouble with the updating of the db's. First, downloaded everything (full db's, updates and stuff) and tried to import in this order:

/trunk/FULL DB//UDB 0.11.5 Core

/trunk/updates/380 corepatch characters

/trunk/updates/381 corepatch characters

/trunk/updates/381 updatepack characters

and somewhere around that point i got a some db import errors. My question is, since this part is kinda short explained, can someone tell me with just a few words what do i need for a clean install and do i need to apply any updates, since im applying the udb x.xx.xx Core.sql thing :/ because after importing the full db ant the updates in the exact same order as they should be (only not sure about updatepack-sql's) im getting errors.

I think i did it right in the end but i cant be sure. And i have no idea what i did.

And now for the real problem. mangosd.exe runs smoothly, but realmd halts at the beginning, no error messages.

2009-08-09 18:07:55 MaNGOS/0.14.0-DEV (* * Revision 8339 - *) for Win32 (little-endian) [realm-daemon]

2009-08-09 18:07:55 <Ctrl-C> to stop.

2009-08-09 18:07:55 Using configuration file realmd.conf.

2009-08-09 18:07:55 Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;realmd

2009-08-09 18:07:55 MySQL client library: 5.0.56

2009-08-09 18:07:55 MySQL server ver: 5.4.1-beta-community

2009-08-09 18:07:55 Added realm "MaNGOS".

2009-08-09 18:07:55 realmd process priority class set to HIGH

2009-08-09 18:07:55

I really tried hard, ive read the whole topic (if not today the last 2 weeks, i tried several times and only today i got that far). Im not stupid or anything, i have better-than-average english and so, but still cant deal with this for quite some time. Help is really appreciated :huh: :D

Man nice work!

But I hang up in a few problems that slowed down my progress... so can you tell me how can I update my server for a newer version if I ready with it? Because I'm still working with 3.0.9 of WOW not with 3.1.3

The worst thing is that I'm still not ready with the server :@

By the way... where the hell I need to extract that UDB thing? :S

I know I may have stupid questions but I'm not so good in "specify" english so I can't understand the half of these things xD PLS make a simlified answer :) THX fo all!

I have compiled Mangos.. and was stuck at configuring Mysql...

when it asked for current root password i gave mangos(since i dunno wat the current password is.. since this is the first time i am installing MySQL) and for the new root password also i gave mangos..

and after that when i pressed Execute i get this error....

47803778.jpg

can someone pls help me with this??

k everything is fine with database now.. but a new problem has occurred when i tried to execute "mangosd.exe" and "realmd.exe"

it says something like

C:\\ManGOS\\mangosd.exe

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

CS:126f IP:027b OP:63 79 3e 0d 0a Choose 'Close' the terminate the application

wat does this mean.. can u pls help me..

Hay Rex : I fix these problem:)

In "microsoft visual studio 9.0\\vc\\include\\initrin.h" has not good declaration.

Search:in "initrin.h"

__MACHINEI(unsigned char _interlockedbittestandset ->and then rewrite the line end (long *a, long b))

__MACHINEI(unsigned char _interlockedbittestandreset ->and then rewrite the line end (long *a, long b))

Thanks ROL1983 for your fix - I had to search around for a few hours before finding it in this fantastic forum. It amazes me that this bug's been around since Microsoft released their SDK 3.5 SP1 pack back in April (and I've definitely updated all changes made since then to 8/22/09), and as you may be aware there have been a number of other folks on this forum that reported having the same problem. Anyway, thanks again!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use