[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

Thanks to you, and I would send you cookies if that was possible, solved all of my problems :D

good to hear:) I like oatmeal cookies

ok so i get everything fine and i connect to SQLyog and the get the DB up but realmd and mangos.exe open for a split second then close and i followed this exactly i have no idea whats wrong

also none of those sql updates work besides the mangos one...i just get errors for the realmd and characters

You will need to open a command prompt and browse to where the mangosd.exe is located and run it there. or if you have logging enabled, browse to your log files and look in them.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, thanks for the guide but i have a problem, i'm not very good at this so please be patience. When im using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and im clicking Build Solution i get this:

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 11 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

all have the same error (the one below):

Project : error PRJ0015 : The NULL device is missing from your system. We are unable to launch a build.

Might be a nooby question but help will be very appreciated.

Hi, thanks for the guide but i have a problem, i'm not very good at this so please be patience. When im using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and im clicking Build Solution i get this:

Project : error PRJ0015 : The NULL device is missing from your system. We are unable to launch a build.

make sure you have admin rights.

Scan for virus/spyware/malware.

If, after that, it doesnt work, you will probably need to reinstall windows.

(theres a lot of information about this on msdn forums, also on the codeguru.com forums)

There doesn't seem to be an "Open" option in the dialog box in C++ Express.

help.png

-Open Visual C++ and in the menu bar at the top, click "Tools" then Options

-Click the "+" next to Projects and Solutions, then click VC++ Directories

-Make sure the drop down menu days "Executable Files"

-Click the open button near the right of the dialog window, and make sure the path is:

There is the [...] box on each of the lines of text in the list, for example the first one "$(VcInstallDir)Bin". But if I'm supposed to alter one of those the guide doesn't say which.

Am I in the wrong menu? Wrong C++ Express version? I've followed the directions as closely as I can but there is no "Open" button in the dialog.

I just want to be able to roam around in WoW's scenery again every once in a while since I don't play any more :).

There doesn't seem to be an "Open" option in the dialog box in C++ Express.

-Open Visual C++ and in the menu bar at the top, click "Tools" then Options

-Click the "+" next to Projects and Solutions, then click VC++ Directories

-Make sure the drop down menu days "Executable Files"

-Click the open button near the right of the dialog window, and make sure the path is:

There is the [...] box on each of the lines of text in the list, for example the first one "$(VcInstallDir)Bin". But if I'm supposed to alter one of those the guide doesn't say which.

Am I in the wrong menu? Wrong C++ Express version? I've followed the directions as closely as I can but there is no "Open" button in the dialog.

I just want to be able to roam around in WoW's scenery again every once in a while since I don't play any more :).

no you're not altering any of them you're just confirming that your executable, include, and library files are where they are supposed to be. and usually they are. That step is just to make sure your developement environment is setup properly.

no you're not altering any of them you're just confirming that your executable, include, and library files are where they are supposed to be. and usually they are. That step is just to make sure your developement environment is setup properly.

Thanks for the reply but I still don't understand what you are saying I need to do.

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Bin

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Include

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Lib

Doesn't exist on my computer, and from the dialog box the guide says to click "Open". Where is that?

I compiled it anyway with no errors, the guide next says to copy files from the "Compile" file to the MaNGOS file. I can't find that folder/files either.

I am able to find the exe files to rename although they had .in on the end which wasn't in the guide.

Installing MaNGOS

-Add all the .exe files, .dll files and .pdb files in the compile folder into your Mangos folder (Ctrl + F to find them)

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "mangosd" folder

-Rename "mangosd.conf.dist" to "mangosd.conf"

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "realmd" folder

-Rename "realmd.conf.dist" to "realmd.conf"

Sorry to have to post again but these parts of the guide aren't clear enough or I think my installation must be different. Thanks for any help.

Yaaay i found the right thread.

I've been working on setting up this server since yesterday morning,

I was using the wiki and then after you download MySQL the guide stops so.. that's where i was until recently.

I'm still getting the same error... Same one since last night, trying to figure out how to fix it since.

2009-07-22 16:21:10 ERROR:Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Can't create TCP/IP socket (10050)

2009-07-22 16:21:10 ERROR:Cannot connect to world database 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos

My CONF files i'm pretty sure are the way they're suppose to be.. i've tried changing the Datadir from "." to where i have my MaNGOS folder, nothing seems to work.

thanks in advance D:

Schews,

2009-07-22 16:21:10 ERROR:Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Can't create TCP/IP socket (10050)

Try reinstalling mysql, also when you do a new install run the installer as administrator incase its blocking access to some files that may need to be installed.

2009-07-22 16:21:10 ERROR:Cannot connect to world database 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos

Secondly is your password mangos?

3306 ;root; mangos ;mangos

port user password database name

Thanks for the reply but I still don't understand what you are saying I need to do.

Doesn't exist on my computer, and from the dialog box the guide says to click "Open". Where is that?

I compiled it anyway with no errors, the guide next says to copy files from the "Compile" file to the MaNGOS file. I can't find that folder/files either.

I am able to find the exe files to rename although they had .in on the end which wasn't in the guide.

Installing MaNGOS

-Add all the .exe files, .dll files and .pdb files in the compile folder into your Mangos folder (Ctrl + F to find them)

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "mangosd" folder

-Rename "mangosd.conf.dist" to "mangosd.conf"

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "realmd" folder

-Rename "realmd.conf.dist" to "realmd.conf"

Sorry to have to post again but these parts of the guide aren't clear enough or I think my installation must be different. Thanks for any help.

Yith,

Look at your screenshot again. Click the new folder icon right underneath the text and insert a new line.

Add these

Greets.

Try reinstalling Visual C++ again. Run as admin if needed.

Schews,

Try reinstalling mysql, also when you do a new install run the installer as administrator incase its blocking access to some files that may need to be installed.

Secondly is your password mangos?

3306 ;root; mangos ;mangos

port user password database name

thanks for the help, but i decided to delete everything and start from scratch and now it's working :]

MaNGOS/0.14.0-DEV (* * Revision 8076 - *) for Win32 (little-endian)

UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql

error:

Loading Game Object Templates...

[0 ms] SQL: SELECT MAX(entry) FROM gameobject_template

[0 ms] SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM gameobject_template

[0 ms] SQL: SELECT * FROM gameobject_template

Error in gameobject_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there

should be 39 fields in sql).

I can't find the UDB 8076 or how to get the MaNGOS 7681

MaNGOS/0.14.0-DEV (* * Revision 8076 - *) for Win32 (little-endian)

UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql

error:

Loading Game Object Templates...

[0 ms] SQL: SELECT MAX(entry) FROM gameobject_template

[0 ms] SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM gameobject_template

[0 ms] SQL: SELECT * FROM gameobject_template

Error in gameobject_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there

should be 39 fields in sql).

I can't find the UDB 8076 or how to get the MaNGOS 7681

read the guides/FAQ a bit more, this is asked at least twice a day.

Yith,

Look at your screenshot again. Click the new folder icon right underneath the text and insert a new line.

Add these

Greets.

Hi, thank you for the reply : )

Just wondering though I add each of those paths separately in the corresponding drop down menu right? Not just all of them in "executables" correct?

Also where is the "compile" folder?

I'm was to give up on this but I think I will try a couple more times heh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use