[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

how do I use a sql query to add an account to the database? when I run mangosd.exe, the window close after a few seconds. The biggest problem I am having is that I entered the password, but it's not the hash for the password.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, problem here.

instruction: Click "Build" in the menu bar at the top of Visual C++ then select "Configuration Manager"

cannot be completed, there is no "build" menu selection on the menu bar. instead, i just built solution (f7 style... this built successfully after a few minutes passed). maybe this has to do with my actual problem:

everything goes fine until i run makevmaps_SIMPLE.bat. the cmd window says:

"no locale found

opening Data\\common.MPQ

Error opening archive 'Data\\common.MPQ': Does file really exist?

Opening Data\\common-2.MPQ

Error opening archive 'Data\\common-2.MPQ': Does file really exist?

Opening Data\\expansion.MPQ

Error opening archive 'Data\\expansion.MPQ': Does file really exist?

Opening Data\\lichking.MPQ

Error opening archive 'Data\\lichking.MPQ': Does file really exist?

FATAL ERROR: None MPQ archive found by path 'Data\\'. Use -d option with proper path."

etc.

I don't see the Data\\ folder anywhere. Do you guys know what my problem is? Where's the Data folder?

Hey Skirnir,

Thank you for the help. I ended up having to modify the batch file to use the -d option when running the executable to point to the Data\\ folder (even though I followed the folder naming conventions of the tutorial). All is well for now, continuing install :)

Hey guys,

I got the server all set up and running. There is only one problem remaining: none of the class trainers teach skills. For example, I looked up Isabella, the mage trainer at the undead starting point, and her "npcflag" value is 51 in table creature_template. If I am correct, this means that she's a class trainer and should be able to teach spells. I followed this guide very carefully and also did not find any solutions googling all sorts of things, between "mangos class trainers problem" to "load custom mangos class trainers" to see if I could just overwrite their data with someone's pre-made standard class trainer data. Does anyone know what my problem is? I am considering reinstalling another repack, or even another mangos database like YTDB (I am not sure this would work though, and would have to run a lot of sql updates to the new mangos database). Either way all my DBs are backed up currently so I'm open to trying stuff.

If it helps, paladin trainers past the blood elf starting area offer: Summon Warhorse, Summon Charger, and Seal of Corruption, but never any others. So it seems some class trainers have some data, but none have enough data.

Suggestions/help appreciated :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got it also running, afaik all good, but when i enter game and trying to create char, VS debugging will show up and mangosd crashed.

Server.log dont show also some major errors.

But when i start mangosd.exe and while loading it gives me popup error:

mangosd.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point ?_CanTakeMoreSimilarItems@Player@@QBEEIIPAVItem@@PAI@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library mangosd.exe

OK

Like this may cause that crash when i try to make char? If i click OK it keeps loading.

And this error gives loading point Initializing Scripts...

Scripting library not found or not accessible.

DEBUG: Initialize game time and timers.....etc

• 2 months later...

Ok first time I have atempted to set up a Mangos server, I have however previously set up a Private L2J server. I had no errors during setup and followed the superb guide in this thread to the letter (with the exception of the MySQL setup as I had already set it up for my L2J server). That said im getting the Folowing when I try to launch the server.

2011-11-02 22:48:43 MaNGOS/0.17.0-DEV (* * Revision 11836 - *) for Win32 (little-endian) [world-daemon]

2011-11-02 22:48:43 <Ctrl-C> to stop.

2011-11-02 22:48:43

MM MM MM MM MMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MMM MMM MMM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMMM MM MMMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM M MMM MM MMM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMM MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MMM http://getmangos.eu

MMMMMM

2011-11-02 22:48:43 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2011-11-02 22:48:43 World Database total connections: 2

2011-11-02 22:48:43 ERROR:Could not connect to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

2011-11-02 22:48:43 ERROR:Cannot connect to world database 127.0.0.1;3306;root;xxxxxxxx;mangos

Password deleated but it is the same as the one on my MySQL Directory (I have checked like 3 times) I am runing on Vista (its my old Machine I just use it for runing goof off servers for MMOs I previously played for myself) Any Advice would be greatly apreciated

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for not reading all previous pages ; a lot of questions are not related to the compiling process :)

So I'm trying to compile ScriptDev 2, and I've got this error :

1>------ Début de la génération : Projet : ScriptDev2, Configuration : Release Win32 ------  1>  Extracting revision  1>  The system cannot find the path specified.  1>C:\\Program Files (x86)\\MSBuild\\Microsoft.Cpp\\v4.0\\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(151,5): error MSB6006: Arrêt de "cmd.exe" avec le code 3.  ========== Génération : 0 a réussi, 1 a échoué, 0 mis à jour, 0 a été ignoré ==========  

I have no file called "Microsoft.CppCommonTargets" in the mentionned directory.

Thanks.

I tried to move the "source" folder directly to my desktop (there was a space in the previous folder "Wow Mangos") but it's not working either.

I also realise that there is nothing into Mangos\\source\\bin\\win32_release ; and the compiling of Mangos went ok. (11 succeded)

EDIT : I just tried to compile again Mangos, and now I have an error window, appearing at the end, saying that "c:\\users\\joubarbe\\desktop\\wow\\mangos\\win\\VC100\\.\\game__win32_release\\game.lib" has an unknown binary format, or incompatible.

Is it a problem to move the source folder into another place without starting the whole process again ? (GIT Gui, GIT bash etc)

Hi,

When I try to run Mangos with the YTDB database, I have to update two sqls : 11851_01_mangos_string.sql and 11852_01_mangos_gossip_menu.sql

When I try to run Mangos with the UDB database, I have to update... all sqls ! I think there is a problem somewhere because I don't want to update more than 1500 files :)

Thanks

Hi,

When I try to run Mangos with the YTDB database, I have to update two sqls : 11851_01_mangos_string.sql and 11852_01_mangos_gossip_menu.sql

When I try to run Mangos with the UDB database, I have to update... all sqls ! I think there is a problem somewhere because I don't want to update more than 1500 files :)

Thanks

if you use udb database you have to apply the udb updates befor you run mangos updates if you do this you dont need to install 1500 files

When I try to update the mangos base (the last version of UDB has been applied) with this : 402_corepatch_mangos_11377_to_11792.sql ; which I assume it's the first to apply, the error message said : Error Code: 1054 - Unknown column 'required_11348_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data' in 'db_version'

If I try to apply the 11348_01... ; it says that I need the previous one, and so on through the 1500 files

EDIT : Hmm sorry, only the 402_updatepack_mangos and 403_updatepack_mangos must be applied. Then the mangos source's SQL (from 11807_01_mangos_gameobject_addon.sql)

A lot of your trouble is from rushing through setting up everything. Slow down! Take your time and make sure you are applying DB updates in the correct order. Read the MaNGOS, UDB, ACID, and ScriptDev2 guides carefully. ;)

When I was just beginning to learn how to compile and set up my server, I found that saving copies of the guides to my computer for quick and easy reference was a big help.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use