[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

Great guide so far, just having one problem, wehn I try to set up the configuration for the MySQL server, I get an error when it tries to apply the security settings.

The Error is:

Error Nr. 1045

Access denied for user'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

anyone have any problems with this before?

Yes I have.

When you run the configuration turn off ALL firewalls.

When it asks your to enter your current password, (If you havent set one) leave it blank.

That should fix your problem, because thats how i fixed mine.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi i just joind here i follow the guide from first page but i dont have

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2 i only have

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs so ive selected this wich has bin include and lib folders

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 11 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I completely skipped those steps to "add" those sdks because the guide is outdated and VC++ 2008 doesn't have those folders. Compiled perfect with no problem, just sux that there is no database to use with new mangos revisions :(

realmd.exe load fine, when I'm runnning mangosd.exe stop at

"Loading Item Random Enchantments Table.."

>>Loaded 0 Item Enchantment definitions. DB table 'item_enchantment_template' is empty

Loading Items...

Error in item_template table, probably sql file format was update <there should be 137 fields in sql>

This is my first attemp to install and run mangos and my first post so plz analyze evreythung you can :P

i have a problem while trying to use the git software.

i installed git and after creating a folder "Mangos", i right-click on it and select "git gui here" then click on clone existing repository.

i type in the source destination "git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git" and the target address is set to the location of my mangos folder which is in the desktop.

the moment i press the clone button i get this error, quote:

"Location C:/Users/Geam/Desktop/Mangos already exists"

can anyone help me solve this problem because i would really like to compile mangos on my own.

thanks in advance

EDIT: i have included a link to a screenshot of the git gui

o

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fflar/3988201900/sizes/o/

i installed git and after creating a folder "Mangos", i right-click on it and select "git gui here" then click on clone existing repository.

i type in the source destination "git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git" and the target address is set to the location of my mangos folder which is in the desktop.

can anyone help me solve this problem because i would really like to compile mangos on my own.

thanks in advance

o

Did you try deleting the mangos folder and see what happens?

yes i did but it still shows the same error. i also tried doing it with different folders and in different locations, the problem still persists.

i know it must be sth on my side because surely by now somebody would have reported it.

i am lost because i have no knowledge of git

realmd.exe load fine, when I'm runnning mangosd.exe stop at

"Loading Item Random Enchantments Table.."

>>Loaded 0 Item Enchantment definitions. DB table 'item_enchantment_template' is empty

Loading Items...

Error in item_template table, probably sql file format was update <there should be 137 fields in sql>

This is my first attemp to install and run mangos and my first post so plz analyze evreythung you can :P

that doesnt even get an answer. Read the FAQ or one of the other 99999999 threads asking the same question and having the same answer.

thanks in advance

o

Delete the folder and try it, it should work then.

that doesnt even get an answer. Read the FAQ or one of the other 99999999 threads asking the same question and having the same answer.

Delete the folder and try it, it should work then.

to davemm it still won't work.

i deleted it and created a new folder still the same problem.

i have googled for my error but i haven't found anything relevant even on git's faqs

any other ideas anyone?

to davemm it still won't work.

i deleted it and created a new folder still the same problem.

i have googled for my error but i haven't found anything relevant even on git's faqs

any other ideas anyone?

i told you to delete the directory, i did not tell you to create a new one, let GIT create the directory, you cannot clone into an already existing directory.

The error message tells you everything you need to know, the error is because the directory already exists!

Edit: I just looked at UDB forum and apparently they haven't updated anything in months, soooo I guess I just cant use mangos til they update... which sux. Either wait or go back to an older server core (I think im going to wait cuz I don't want to have two installs of wow on my computer just to use an old/supported core and db)... wondering why UDB is so far behind mangos team lol

no. you use UDB, and after you apply, FULL_DB, then the 382, you'll apply the sql updates from mangos/sql/updates and I have posted on this very thread about how to apply those updates. there are also many posts on UDB, because I have posted there, about applying UDB and updates. that there is db_version table for each database, and in that table there is a specific column you want to pay attention to, it is the far right column on that table.

no. you use UDB, and after you apply, FULL_DB, then the 382, you'll apply the sql updates from mangos/sql/updates and I have posted on this very thread about how to apply those updates. there are also many posts on UDB, because I have posted there, about applying UDB and updates. that there is db_version table for each database, and in that table there is a specific column you want to pay attention to, it is the far right column on that table.

well, im talking about 3.2.2 revisions, not what was supported a few days ago, I was trying to get an unsupported core (3.2.2a) working but obviously I was missing some database info/.sql files in the updates folder, before that I was also having update problems but anyway, I wonder if its all working now that mangos supports it... gonna recompile and see if there are any new sql updates I need to apply.

Hey guys,

what's wrong out their? I have the correct client version 3.2.2 (10505) and mangosd.exe won't complete without errors:

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2009-10-08 14:29:09 World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;mangos

2009-10-08 14:29:09 MySQL client library: 5.0.56

2009-10-08 14:29:09 MySQL server ver: 5.1.39-community

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Character Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;characters

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Login Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;realmd

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Realm running as realm ID 1

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Using World DB: Mangos default database.

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Using creature EventAI: Creature EventAI not provided.

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Using DataDir ./

2009-10-08 14:29:09 WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:0, getHeight:0

2009-10-08 14:29:09 WORLD: VMap data directory is: ./vmaps

2009-10-08 14:29:09 WORLD: VMap config keys are: vmap.enableLOS, vmap.enableHeight, vmap.ignoreMapIds, vmap.ignoreSpellIds

2009-10-08 14:29:09

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Loading MaNGOS strings...

2009-10-08 14:29:09

2009-10-08 14:29:09 >> Loaded 649 MaNGOS strings from table mangos_string

2009-10-08 14:29:09 Initialize data stores...

2009-10-08 14:29:11 ERROR:

Some required *.dbc files (5 from 79) not found or not compatible:

./dbc/ItemExtendedCost.dbc (exist, but have 16 fields instead 15) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Map.dbc (exist, but have 65 fields instead 118) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/ScalingStatValues.dbc (exist, but have 24 fields instead 19) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 239 fields instead 232) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/WorldMapArea.dbc (exist, but have 11 fields instead 10) Wrong client version DBC file?

It would be great if someone knows what this could be.

I downloaded enGB WoW and patched to the newest version which IS 3.2.2 (10505)... :(

Thank you very much davemm (!!), but I got a second (and last I think) issue here...

Except for the fact, that I didn't import UDB stuff, what's wrong with the item_template table?

(mangosd.exe shoud start without UDB right?)

Loading NPC Texts...

==================================================== 100%

>> Loaded 0 npc texts

Loading Item Random Enchantments Table...

>> Loaded 0 Item Enchantment definitions. DB table `item_enchantment_template` i

s empty.

Loading Items...

Error in item_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should

be 137 fields in sql).

Loading NPC Texts...

================================================== == 100%

>> Loaded 0 npc texts

Loading Item Random Enchantments Table...

>> Loaded 0 Item Enchantment definitions. DB table `item_enchantment_template` i

s empty.

Loading Items...

Error in item_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should

be 137 fields in sql).

I Have this aswell, tried to insert all item_template updates but still i get this. (Already fixed Gameobject_template error i had)

OffTopic: How to update core via git? Ima check if theres any new updates i can use to fix it if i find out how to update core to latest rev.

I Have this aswell, tried to insert all item_template updates but still i get this. (Already fixed Gameobject_template error i had)

OffTopic: How to update core via git? Ima check if theres any new updates i can use to fix it if i find out how to update core to latest rev.

Let me (please!) know if (and how, if this wasn't the problem) you could fix it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use