Guest AuntieMangos

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loading NPC Texts...

================================================== == 100%

>> Loaded 0 npc texts

Loading Item Random Enchantments Table...

>> Loaded 0 Item Enchantment definitions. DB table `item_enchantment_template` i

s empty.

Loading Items...

Error in item_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should

be 137 fields in sql).

if you re-extract the map and dbc files and you still get this error it is most likely your database. One of the two needs updating I think?

thats is NOTHING to do with DBC or maps.

Its al lto do with an inability to search the forum or read the FAQ, your DB version does not match your mangos version, you missed some SQL updates (FAQ link in my sig)

i have an error when i try to execute the sql file ...

Error occured at:2009-10-17 22:57:26

Line no.:8

Error Code: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */' at line 1

can someone pelase link me their sql files in a winrar archive!!!

Hi, nice guide.

But have few problems and questions.

This place is little bit not understandable:)

-Go here to download the newest UDB database (contains all the world stuff)

-Make sure that your MaNGOS core is up-to-date with the database (check your core's revision number, then the compatible revision number within the file title of the UDB database)

-Download the latest UDB update packs here (if that link doesn't work, go here and find the updates folder in /trunk)

Updating your database with .sql batch files

-Open the .sql file you are going to use to update the database in Notepad

-Open SQLyog and connect to your server

-Select the database that is supposed to be updated

-In the textbox to the right of SQLyog at the top of the application (the query textbox), paste the contents of the .sql file

-Select all the text in the textbox, then press the play button in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

-Parts of the application will become grayed, wait for the query to finish executing

1. If i have downloaded mangos from git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git then how i see what version this is?

2. If i go http://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unifieddb/trunk/Full_DB/ to download UDB, how i read out what version is and how to check, if this correct with my mangos?

--

3. If i download this UDB core, open in notepad, and then in SQLyog how i know what database have to update(realmd?mangos?characters?)?

---using

WoW WotLK 3.1.3

XAMPP MySQL

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008

SQLyog

MSysGit

Thanks

Hi, nice guide.

But have few problems and questions.

This place is little bit not understandable:)

1. If i have downloaded mangos from git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git then how i see what version this is?

look in this file you will see the rev: http://github.com/mangos/mangos/blob?path%5B%5D=src&path%5B%5D=shared&path%5B%5D=revision_nr.h&raw=true

2. If i go http://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unifieddb/trunk/Full_DB/ to download UDB, how i read out what version is and how to check, if this correct with my mangos?

Use Tortoise SVN client, to download the SVN repository as it says in the guide. Tortoise GUI has a View Log option which shows the various revision changes and gives you the ability to checkout any version you need.

3. If i download this UDB core, open in notepad, and then in SQLyog how i know what database have to update(realmd?mangos?characters?)?

Look at this link: https://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/unifieddb/trunk/Updates/0.11.5_additions/

Here you will see files named like this: 380_corepatch_characters_7682_to_7894.sql The word "characters" tells you it is for the character database. To see what version you have, check in your various databases for a table called something like "db_version", open it and you will see what DB revision you are on. There is such a table in each of the mangos, characters, realmd and SD2 DBs.

Hope that helps.

i have done everything that the guide says but i still get this error:

2009-10-26 16:45:29 ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_8723_01_mangos_achievement_criteria_requirement FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2009-10-26 16:45:29 ERROR:query ERROR: Table 'mangos.db_version' doesn't exist

2009-10-26 16:45:29 ERROR:SQL: SELECT * FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2009-10-26 16:45:29 ERROR:query ERROR: Table 'mangos.db_version' doesn't exist

2009-10-26 16:45:29 ERROR:Table `db_version` fields list query fail but expected have `required_8723_01_mangos_achievement_criteria_requirement`! No records in `db_version`?

I have added:

character.sql to "characters" database

realmd.sql to "realmd" database

but i didnt find any "mangos".sql, i have downloaded this file:

unifieddb.tar.gz

Please help

P.D.: i have already used the "search" tool, but its a sh*t xD

Well I have followed this guide. I have accomplished a functioning test for a first try. I was able to get the world functional and to my surprise no creatures. Upon searching I found that none exist in the mangos default scripts. Unless I did something wrong. Assuming that statement is correct. Then I will ask..

How do I pull mangos source for a certain point in time. (ie.. perhaps the 8734 revision.) I did find note of reset command but I couldnt figure seem to figure it out.

The other question I have relates to the population of the sql database.

As per the directions you import character.sql, realmd.sql.

Logically I then imported mangos.sql. This is the db lacking creatures. I think!

so what is the mangos_spell_check.sql for or do? And what is the update folder for?

Thanks for any assistance.

And Thanks Phenomenon for this Great Guide!

Hello there, great guide by the way, I am very new to the world of compiling and running my own private server.

I am at the part of the guide where i need to compile MaNGOS. In the part where it says-

-Go to your Mangos compile folder, then into the "win" folder

-Open the "VC80.sln" file, or for 2008 users "VC90.sln"

-Click "Build" in the menu and select "Configuration Manager"

-Click "Release" in the drop down box for "Active Solution Configuration"

-The "Active Solution Platform" should be set to "Win32"

-Then, click "Build" in the menu and select "Build Solution"

-If you get any errors, click "Build" in the menu and select "Clean Solution", then restart the compile

-Note: this WILL take a long time - You might get some warning messages...If you do, don't worry about it, it's normal

I see my VC90.sln folder, I opened with Visual Studios C++, I make sure it says everything is correct (i.e It says Release in the drop down box for Active Solution Configuration, The platform is set to Win32), I click Build->Build Solution. As you said it will take a long time. But for some reason, it takes like 2 seconds. I get this in the output

1>------ Build started: Project: VC90, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1>Compiling...

1>Stdafx.cpp

1>Compiling...

1>VC90.cpp

1>AssemblyInfo.cpp

1>Compiling resources...

1>Microsoft ® Windows ® Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1

1>Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

1>Linking...

1>Generating code

1>Finished generating code

1>Embedding manifest...

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\VC90\\VC90\\Release\\BuildLog.htm"

1>VC90 - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Much Appreciation. Thanks!

I have added:

character.sql to "characters" database

realmd.sql to "realmd" database

but i didnt find any "mangos".sql, i have downloaded this file:

unifieddb.tar.gz

Please help

P.D.: i have already used the "search" tool, but its a sh*t xD

If you have the unified.tar.gz file, simply "extract" or "unzip" it. You may need to install an additional program to help with this (I, personally, use WinRAR). Once you have extracted the file, you should find an SQL file (e.g. UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql). Execute this file, and you should be set.

I see my VC90.sln folder, I opened with Visual Studios C++, I make sure it says everything is correct (i.e It says Release in the drop down box for Active Solution Configuration, The platform is set to Win32), I click Build->Build Solution. As you said it will take a long time. But for some reason, it takes like 2 seconds. I get this in the output

Much Appreciation. Thanks!

Just for clarity, are you opening/running "mangosdVC90.sln"? If so, have you tried 'cleaning' the solution before building it?

Just for clarity, are you opening/running "mangosdVC90.sln"? If so, have you tried 'cleaning' the solution before building it?

I have done both of those, I've also tried it multiple times

EDIT: Whoops, Turns out ive been running the wrong file, i was running VC90, not mangosdVC90. :S

Sorry for the noobishness

and thanks Extinct!

I set my VC++ Directories to:

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\bin (Executable Files)

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Include (Include Files)

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Lib (Library Files)

And already set Scripts "Project Dependencies" to mangosd

Compiling Mangos Rev 8778, using Windows 7 RC1 and Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, here's the last line I got:

12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\\..\\dep\\lib\\win32_release\\tbbmalloc.lib'
12>Build log was saved at "file://d:\\Master Games\\World Of Warcraft\\Master Server\\Core\\mangos\\win\\VC90\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
12>mangosd - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
13>------ Rebuild All started: Project: script, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
13>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'script', configuration 'Release|Win32'
13>Compiling...
13>sc_default.cpp
13>system.cpp
13>ScriptMgr.cpp
13>Linking...
13>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib'
13>Build log was saved at "file://d:\\Master Games\\World Of Warcraft\\Master Server\\Core\\mangos\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
13>script - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 8 succeeded, 5 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Any suggestion?

The files are not compiling into exes, dll, etc. I get a bunch of folders with object files in them and there are no errors during the compiling.

http://img697.imageshack.us/i/wtf.jpg/

VC++ Directories:

Executable: http://img4.imageshack.us/i/executable.jpg/

Library: http://img5.imageshack.us/i/libraryd.jpg/

Include: http://img25.imageshack.us/i/includee.jpg/

Halp :(

Ok, all is good until I get to:

-Go here to download the newest UDB database (contains all the world stuff)

I did go there and dowloaded "unifieddb.tar.gz" and I found iside unifieddb.tar.gz> trunk> Full DB> "UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql" but u didn't tell us to create a "sd2" database

Adding Databases

-In the top left-hand side, right-click "root@(IP here)"

-Click "Create Database"

-For the database name type in "realmd"

-Do the same, except for two more databases named "mangos" and "characters"

so I guess I have to make it and:

-Right-click "sb2" and select "Restore from SQL Dump"

-Click "Browse", and select the "UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql"

-Click "Execute"

or should i do:

-Right-click "mangos" and select "Restore from SQL Dump"

-Click "Browse", and select the "UDB_0.11.6_Core_8734_SD2_1480.sql"

-Click "Execute"

?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use