[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

scriptdev will come later. Scriptdev contains the AI for all the creatures. Sorry I didn't mention that before. What are you using for your SQL reader? SQLyog?

bumping to the next page in case people missed it

I am using sqoyog and still stuck on the updating databases part scroll up to see the latest issue

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all thanks for the brilliant guide! But I have an error, hope someone will help me out...

Error occur, when opening "mangosd.exe".

2009-06-12 00:11:54 WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:0, getHeight:0
2009-06-12 00:11:54 WORLD: VMap data directory is: ./vmaps
2009-06-12 00:11:54 WORLD: VMap config keys are: vmap.enableLOS, vmap.enableHeight, vmap.ignoreMapIds, vmap.ignoreSpellIds
2009-06-12 00:11:54 ERROR:SQL: SELECT MAX(setguid) FROM character_equipmentsets
2009-06-12 00:11:54 ERROR:query ERROR: Table 'character.character_equipmentsets' doesn't exist
2009-06-12 00:11:54 
2009-06-12 00:11:54 Loading MaNGOS strings...
2009-06-12 00:11:54 
2009-06-12 00:11:54 >> Loaded 645 MaNGOS strings from table mangos_string
2009-06-12 00:11:54 Initialize data stores...
[b][color="Red"]2009-06-12 00:11:55 ERROR:
Some required *.dbc files (7 from 78) not found or not compatible:
./dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 34 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Holidays.dbc (exist, but have 54 fields instead 55) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/SoundEntries.dbc (exist, but have 29 fields instead 30) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Spell.dbc (exist, but have 231 fields instead 232) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/SpellItemEnchantment.dbc (exist, but have 37 fields instead 38) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/Vehicle.dbc (exist, but have 43 fields instead 40) Wrong client version DBC file?
./dbc/VehicleSeat.dbc (exist, but have 46 fields instead 58) Wrong client version DBC file?[/color][/b]

Thank you for the guide and support.

When following:

Updating your database with .sql batch files

-Open the .sql file you are going to use to update the database in Notepad

-Open SQLyog and connect to your server

-Select the database that is supposed to be updated

-In the textbox to the right of SQLyog at the top of the application (the query textbox), paste the contents of the .sql file

-Select all the text in the textbox, then press the play button in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

-Parts of the application will become grayed, wait for the query to finish executing

My SQL file for the Mangos db is from:

http://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/unifieddb/trunk/Full_DB/UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.rar?view=log

Notepad would not open the file as it is so large it just locked the application. Opening it in wordpad I was able to copy it. However when I selected past into query box it does not appear. I am able to paste it into MS Word, verifying to me that it is on the clipboard.

didnt work with 3.0.9 guess the core is 3.1.3 now?!

btw i have the same issues than robotgary, gut with the update to 3.1.3 it will work i hope :)

@narodigg

the core sql has to be handled like the mangosd.sql with the mangos database in sqlyog

if you want to update you copy the stuff with notepad, but the sql YOU have is the WHOLE core.

UPDATE

finnaly i got through the problem of robotgary by updating wow to 3.1.3, now its telling me the gameobject_template table has the wrong file format....

@narodigg

the core sql has to be handled like the mangosd.sql with the mangos database in sqlyog

if you want to update you copy the stuff with notepad, but the sql YOU have is the WHOLE core.

Then I am confused as to what I need to download from these steps.

-Go here to download the newest UDB database (contains all the world stuff)

-Make sure that your MaNGOS core is up-to-date with the database (check your core's revision number, then the compatible revision number within the file title of the UDB database)

-Download the latest UDB update packs here (if that link doesn't work, go here and find the updates folder in /trunk)

My core revision is 7990

How do I know what revision of the DB I already have so I know where to start with update packs?

Maybe this will help all of you in assisting me.

D:\\Projects\\MaNGOS>mangosd.exe

MaNGOS/0.14.0-DEV (* * Revision 7990 - *) for Win32 (little-endian) [world-daemo

n]

<Ctrl-C> to stop.

MM MM MM MM MMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MMM MMM MMM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM MMMMM MM MMMM MMM MM MM MMM

MM M MM M MMM MM MMM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMM MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMM

MM MM MMMMMMM MM MM MMM MMM MM MM MMM MMM

MM MM MM MMM MM MM MMMMMM MMMM MMMMM

MM MMM http://getmangos.eu

MMMMMM

Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009 (Library: OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009)

World Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;(mypass);mangos

Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1

MySQL client library: 5.0.56

MySQL server ver: 6.0.11-alpha-community

AUTOCOMMIT SUCCESSFULLY SET TO 1

Character Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;(mypass);characters

Login Database: 127.0.0.1;3306;root;(mypass);realmd

Realm running as realm ID 1

Using World DB: UDB 0.11.0 (371) for MaNGOS 7681 with SD2 SQL for rev. 1012

Using creature EventAI: ACID 0.0.9 - Full Release for Mangos 7673+

Using DataDir ./

WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:0, getHeight:0

WORLD: VMap data directory is: ./vmaps

WORLD: VMap config keys are: vmap.enableLOS, vmap.enableHeight, vmap.ignoreMapId

s, vmap.ignoreSpellIds

SQL: SELECT MAX(setguid) FROM character_equipmentsets

query ERROR: Table 'characters.character_equipmentsets' doesn't exist

Loading MaNGOS strings...

==================================================== 100%

>> Loaded 645 MaNGOS strings from table mangos_string

Initialize data stores...

==================================================== 100%

You have _outdated_ DBC files. Please extract correct versions from current usin

g client.

D:\\Projects\\MaNGOS>

Hello, I am a noob, I cannot seem to get mysql to start. I did the typical settings, standard configuration, and the password. When I press execute it comes up with an error message, " Cannot create windows service for MySQL. Error: 0" Okay so how do I get it to work? I am using windows xp proffessional with all of the updates from the windows update.

EDIT: Well nvm that, I got flustered and did it the detailed way w/ no password... I will not make my server public anyhow so it don't matter. I just want this shizzie to work.. Now I come across another problem. When I try to download a DB, I click on it and it and instead of downloading a file, it downloads a bunch of garbage. I dunno what the heck went wrong, but ya.. Please help. (noob) :(

EDIT: Well nvm that, I got flustered and did it the detailed way w/ no password... I will not make my server public anyhow so it don't matter. I just want this shizzie to work.. Now I come across another problem. When I try to download a DB, I click on it and it and instead of downloading a file, it downloads a bunch of garbage. I dunno what the heck went wrong, but ya.. Please help. (noob) :(

Couple questoins, what browser are you using and please post the address that has the link you are downloading. Might just need to right-click and save target as or save link as.

@Narodigg

Initialize data stores...

================================================== == 100%

You have _outdated_ DBC files. Please extract correct versions from current usin

g client.

update your wow to 3.1.3 and extract the dbc and map files again. ;)

mine isnt working at all, the sql files seams to be out of date....gonna delete it all and download it again from the beginning xD

FINALLY

i got it, my server is up and running, BUT there are no spawns...seams that i have to update the mangos db?!

The files realmd and mangosd in my main folder just open and close really quick, too quick to even read what it says.

I have Mangos .14 Rev 8001 if that's to any help.

If this helps, I will list my Realmd.conf and Mangosd.conf

Also: The guide never mentioned this but am I supposed to leave them in the src folder after modified or do I have to move them?

(Of course I'm not going to give away my SQL Password or DNS I set up here but I put them like that for obvious purposes.)

Realmd.conf

LoginDatabaseInfo = "the dns I set up;3306;root;my pass;realmd"

LogsDir = ""

MaxPingTime = 30

RealmServerPort = 3724

BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

PidFile = ""

LogLevel = 0

LogTime = 0

LogFile = "Realmd.log"

LogTimestamp = 0

LogFileLevel = 0

LogColors = ""

UseProcessors = 0

ProcessPriority = 1

RealmsStateUpdateDelay = 20

WrongPass.MaxCount = 0

WrongPass.BanTime = 600

WrongPass.BanType = 0

Mangosd.conf

RealmID = 1

DataDir = "."

LogsDir = ""

LoginDatabaseInfo = "dns ip;3306;root;password;realmd"

WorldDatabaseInfo = "ip;3306;root;password;mangos"

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "ip;3306;root;password;characters"

MaxPingTime = 30

WorldServerPort = 8085

BindIP = "0.0.0.0"

Then run the sql dump file UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql

Ok Kageboshi I have the server running thnx to you and others, but there are no NPC's in the world. I am guessing it is because UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql is not loaded. Maybe I am going insane, but when I sift thru the links to download UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql the only file that looks remotely close is UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.rar.

I tried running that, but seeing how it is linux file it didnt work, i renamed it .sql and still no luck. Where can I find the correct UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql?

I had this problem too.. I grabbed the files from the links which were the latest versions but there were no NPCs.. I'm just about to pull my hair out.. I've been trying to set up a stable server for about 2 days now.. I almost just don't care.

I have followed this guide EXACTLY as followed but I just can't it to work..

Also: The guide never mentions moving the realmsd.conf and mangos.conf files to your main Mongos directory.

After I update though the latest files there is no NPCs in the world..

I had this problem too.. I grabbed the files from the links which were the latest versions but there were no NPCs.. I'm just about to pull my hair out.. I've been trying to set up a stable server for about 2 days now.. I almost just don't care.

I have followed this guide EXACTLY as followed but I just can't it to work..

Also: The guide never mentions moving the realmsd.conf and mangos.conf files to your main Mongos directory.

After I update though the latest files there is no NPCs in the world..

udbforums.org

you have no database, im assuming you used the ones in the mangos GiT? these contain only structure, no data.

Ok Kageboshi I have the server running thnx to you and others, but there are no NPC's in the world. I am guessing it is because UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql is not loaded. Maybe I am going insane, but when I sift thru the links to download UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql the only file that looks remotely close is UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.rar.

I tried running that, but seeing how it is linux file it didnt work, i renamed it .sql and still no luck. Where can I find the correct UDB_0.11.5_Core_7681_SD2_1012.sql?

you should read the guides at udbforums, and ask any questions about the database there, mangos forum is not the place too discuss database content (btw, udb does NOT support 3.1.x yet)

I have finally began to start a Mangos Server but now i've been stuck at the Adding Database's section for at least 3 hours. Can someone please explain step by step in more detail exactly how everything works? preferably the updating of the core dbs or having the server work with the latest update of WoW [3.1.3].

Please help me.

-MemorexAux

Hello everyone im noob here and i really need help i open Visual... menu bar tools and VC++dir..but idk where is -

Click the open button near the right of the dialog window, and make sure the path is:

Code:

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Bin

-Click the drop down menu and make sure it says "Include Files", then click open and make the path:

Code:

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Include

-Click the drop down menu and make sure it says "Library Files", then click open and make the path:

Code:

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\\Lib

-Go to your Mangos compile folder, then into the "win" folder

-Open the "VC80.sln" file, or for 2008 users "VC90.sln"

-Click "Build" in the menu and select "Configuration Manager"

-Click "Release" in the drop down box for "Active Solution Configuration"

-The "Active Solution Platform" should be set to "Win32"

-Then, click "Build" in the menu and select "Build Solution"

-If you get any errors, click "Build" in the menu and select "Clean Solution", then restart the compile

-Note: this WILL take a long time - You might get some warning messages...If you do, don't worry about it, it's normal

:(

-Add all the .exe files, .dll files and .pdb files in the compile folder into your Mangos folder (Ctrl + F to find them)

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "mangosd" folder

-Rename "mangosd.conf.dist" to "mangosd.conf"

-Go back into your MaNGOS source folder, then into the "src" folder, then into the "realmd" folder

-Rename "realmd.conf.dist" to "realmd.conf"

:(

-Open Visual C++ and in the menu bar at the top, click "Tools" then Options

-Click the "+" next to Projects and Solutions, then click VC++ Directories

-Make sure the drop down menu days "Executable Files"

on my comp i dont have :

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Serv 2003 R2\\Include

just Microsoft SDKS...

HElp plz i will thank to man who will make special photos for me (noob)

btw sry for my English im from EU

Hello every body, I'm going to explain my problem, if some one could helpme please.

I updated from Mangos the last Revision 8033 to the latest Mangos from the Git repository. However, now when I try to connect with my account, it connects fine but none of my characters are there. They're in the database, but this comes up in mangos-worldd's console for each character I had before the switch:

Player #9 have broken data in `data` field. Can't be loaded for character list.

Loading char guid 21 from account 6.

I understand that the format of that column must have changed. Does anyone have a converter that can convert from the most recent 3.0.9 data to 3.1, or a list of what exactly changed so I can alter the data myself? Thanks

Please If some one know it, answerme, maybe another ones have the same problem.

error2.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I reached the character limit in my other post.

What I wanted to say is that people can PM me if they have any problems, or post here.

EDIT: A little offtopic and it probably won't matter, but don't be fooled by my small post count. Most of my posts were in the Beginner's Questions section, then it got removed (I would help everyone out :)).

So i wanna open a new wotlk server with this tutorial ( i had a tbc 2.4.3 server for 2 years so i'm not NOOB ) Can u help me with this tutorial? I don't work with mangos on tbc ( because on tbc mangos was with many buggs :( )so if someone want to help me pm me on [email protected] :D THE SERVER I WANNA IN SOME DAYS (max 10 days) THANKS for reading :D

So i wanna open a new wotlk server with this tutorial ( i had a tbc 2.4.3 server for 2 years so i'm not NOOB ) Can u help me with this tutorial? I don't work with mangos on tbc ( because on tbc mangos was with many buggs :( )so if someone want to help me pm me on [email protected] :D THE SERVER I WANNA IN SOME DAYS (max 10 days) THANKS for reading :D

a good start would be to read the guides (compiling guide and this guide your posting in).

HELP... What i do wrong.. plz!!!

1>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'cl.exe'.

this isnt actually a mangos error, its a problem with your visual studio setupm one thing you can try is:

1) Go to Tools --> Options

2) Click on the the projects folder at the left menu.

3) Under "projects", click on "VC++ Directories"

4) Make sure that the top right window labeled "Show directories for" contains "Executable files"

5) click on the new New Line icon (icon similar to new folder icon on the top right)

6) add the location where your cl.exe exists, e.g. d:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\bin

what do you mean about this

add the location where your cl.exe exists, e.g. d:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\bin

whats Microsoft Visual Studio.net im using Microsoft Visual c++2008 express so you mean to do that like in example but e.g E\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual c++...\\ and why at the end vc7 ?

what do you mean about this

add the location where your cl.exe exists, e.g. d:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\\Vc7\\bin

whats Microsoft Visual Studio.net im using Microsoft Visual c++2008 express so you mean to do that like in example but e.g E\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual c++...\\ and why at the end vc7 ?

sorry, but as you posted no information about what system your using, and my mind reading device is broken, i had to take a guess.....

are you using the beta 2 version on VS2008?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use