[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

hi guys, there is a frenchy who has got some problems ...

more precisly, the error is that the mangosd.exe could not find the map 000xxxx ... but , i watch the folder, and the map is in ! i am going mad ! :eek:

any errors that say could not find map " xxxxxxxxx" means you're using an out of date ad.exe make sure your source is up to date, and use the ad.exe in the contrib folder.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git is the right answer. You're doing it wrong.

look this is what i did.. i made a folder, right clicked it Chose "Git GUI here" i got the window up and all, i chose "Clone Exsisting Repository" and then it looks something like this

Source Location:

Target Directory:

[O] Standard

[ ] Full Copy

[ ] Shared

of course i wrote it so that it became like this.

Source Location:git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

Target Directory:C:/MaNGOs

[ ] Standard

[O] Full Copy

[ ] Shared

(Note: i couldnt choose standard,full copy or shared options, it was automaticly choosing.)

Then i press Clone and then the error message pops up and only allows me to quit, so NO im not doing it wrong.:)

any errors that say could not find map " xxxxxxxxx" means you're using an out of date ad.exe make sure your source is up to date, and use the ad.exe in the contrib folder.

i think my source is up-to-date ( the source is what you download with git isn't it ? )

the ad.exe is the file i found in the folder downloaded with git ( it's the first time i install a wow server on my computer ... )so i don't know how i could use an out of date ad.exe .... ><

look this is what i did.. i made a folder, right clicked it Chose "Git GUI here" i got the window up and all, i chose "Clone Exsisting Repository" and then it looks something like this

Source Location:git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

Target Directory:C:/MaNGOs

(Note: i couldnt choose standard,full copy or shared options, it was automaticly choosing.)

Then i press Clone and then the error message pops up and only allows me to quit, so NO im not doing it wrong.:)

might be a firewall issue blocking git.

ok well ive partially answered my own problems... since im running patch 3.1.0 mangos just isnt compatible with it yet. And because of that my mangos was rev 7717 or something. So now is it possible to downgrade my client version to 3.0.9 and have it run without having to get rid of my 3.1 patch, recompiling everything and getting my server working on 3.0.9, then reinstalling patch 3.1 for my normal wow? Or would that be the quickest/simplest way of getting it running?

yeah you can downgrade. I've done it and it is somewhat of a pain. make a copy of your WoW folder then paste wherever and rename it to like WoWPriv, then do a google search for downgrading WoW :)...you'll need to delete some files out of your WoWPriv folder then run the repiar which should bring your version to like 3.0.0 or so, then you'll need to find a site that hosts each individual patch and dl and apply each up to the target version...also make sure you change your realmlist.wtf. It would be terrible to do all this just to have the blizzard downloader start dling the new patch when you launch the game.

/edit

checkout reaper's post on reverting WoW client patches

[REMOVED - No thanks to links to crappy repack sites please]

i've got another problem,

i can launch the mangosd.exe and it works fine, load the maps and a lot of scripts .

i create a test account on ( login test, pass test) and i checked, he is in the SQL database.

but, when i launch my wow client, i fill in the fields, press connect and ... the client told me that he can't connect because he can't find the server. ( look here , it shows my problem but it is a TBC 2.4.3 screen [REMOVED - DO NOT POST SCREENSHOTS] , it is wrote " unable to connect")

could you help me ? is someone got the same problem ?

i've got another problem,

i can launch the mangosd.exe and it works fine, load the maps and a lot of scripts .

i create a test account on ( login test, pass test) and i checked, he is in the SQL database.

but, when i launch my wow client, i fill in the fields, press connect and ... the client told me that he can't connect because he can't find the server. ( look here , it shows my problem but it is a TBC 2.4.3 screen [REMOVED - DO NOT POST SCREENSHOTS] , it is wrote " unable to connect")

could you help me ? is someone got the same problem ?

127.0.0.1 is a loop back ip address. It doesn't connect to any other computer. IF you have mangos on computer a and computer b is a seperate computer, and you need computer b to connect to computer a, computer b cannot connect if it is using 127.0.0.1.

Also, check in the realmd database > realmlist table and look at address. If it shows 127.0.0.1 then other computers will never be able to connect. IF the computers are on the same network then you need the ip address of the computer that has mangos on it. It computers are outside your network, trying to conect to your server over internet, then it needs to be your internet ip address, and if that is the case you will need to setup port forwarding.

in your conf file, if it shows "127.0.0.1:3306;root;pass;database" that is ok. Just leave it like that. Only time you want to change that is if the database is on a separate computer than mangosd.exe, realmd.exe. What you just need to look at is the realmd database, realmlist table and look at address field.

If this is mentioned any where in this forum i apologize, I just didn't see it in here. If I want to add in custom pieces like Auction House bot, or a GM island or something when and where do I add in the code to compile it... I have been searching for it a while and could never understand at what point it needs to be added to work right.

Hello when i try to compile mangos in windows i have this error

Linking...
  Creating library ..\\..\\dep\\lib\\Win32_Release\\ACE.lib and object ..\\..\\dep\\lib\\Win32_Release\\ACE.exp
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4 referenced in function "protected: virtual __thiscall ACE_Section_Key_Win32::~ACE_Section_Key_Win32(void)" (??1ACE_Section_Key_Win32@@MAE@XZ)
Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCreateKeyExA@36 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::open_section(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,char const *,int,class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key &)" (?open_section@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@PBDHAAV2@@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCreateKeyExA@36
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::open_section(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,char const *,int,class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key &)" (?open_section@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@PBDHAAV2@@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegDeleteKeyA@8 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::remove_section(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,char const *,int)" (?remove_section@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@PBDH@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegDeleteKeyA@8
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumKeyExA@32 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::remove_section(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,char const *,int)" (?remove_section@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@PBDH@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumKeyExA@32
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegSetValueExA@24 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::set_string_value(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,char const *,class ACE_String_Base<char> const &)" (?set_string_value@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@PBDABV?$ACE_String_Base@D@@@Z)
Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegSetValueExA@24
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegSetValueExA@24
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExA@24 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::get_integer_value(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,char const *,unsigned int &)" (?get_integer_value@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@PBDAAI@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExA@24
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegDeleteValueA@8 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::remove_value(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,char const *)" (?remove_value@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@PBD@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegDeleteValueA@8
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumValueA@32 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::enumerate_values(class ACE_Configuration_Section_Key const &,int,class ACE_String_Base<char> &,enum ACE_Configuration::VALUETYPE &)" (?enumerate_values@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@UAEHABVACE_Configuration_Section_Key@@HAAV?$ACE_String_Base@D@@AAW4VALUETYPE@ACE_Configuration@@@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegEnumValueA@32
Configuration.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyA@12 referenced in function "public: static struct HKEY__ * __cdecl ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry::resolve_key(struct HKEY__ *,char const *,int)" (?resolve_key@ACE_Configuration_Win32Registry@@SAPAUHKEY__@@PAU2@PBDH@Z)
Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegisterEventSourceA@8 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log::open(char const *)" (?open@ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log@@UAEHPBD@Z)
Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCreateKeyA@12 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log::open(char const *)" (?open@ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log@@UAEHPBD@Z)
Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DeregisterEventSource@4 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log::close(void)" (?close@ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log@@UAEHXZ)
Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ReportEventA@36 referenced in function "public: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log::log(class ACE_Log_Record &)" (?log@ACE_Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log@@UAEHAAVACE_Log_Record@@@Z)
Msg_WFMO_Reactor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx@20 referenced in function "protected: virtual unsigned long __thiscall ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor::wait_for_multiple_events(int,int)" (?wait_for_multiple_events@ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor@@MAEKHH@Z)
Msg_WFMO_Reactor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PostQuitMessage@4 referenced in function "protected: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor::Dispatch_window_messages(void)" (?dispatch_window_messages@ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor@@MAEHXZ)
Msg_WFMO_Reactor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DispatchMessageA@4 referenced in function "protected: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor::Dispatch_window_messages(void)" (?dispatch_window_messages@ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor@@MAEHXZ)
Msg_WFMO_Reactor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__TranslateMessage@4 referenced in function "protected: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor::Dispatch_window_messages(void)" (?dispatch_window_messages@ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor@@MAEHXZ)
Msg_WFMO_Reactor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__PeekMessageA@20 referenced in function "protected: virtual int __thiscall ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor::Dispatch_window_messages(void)" (?dispatch_window_messages@ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor@@MAEHXZ)
Msg_WFMO_Reactor.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__MsgWaitForMultipleObjects@20 referenced in function "protected: virtual unsigned long __thiscall ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor::Poll_remaining_handles(unsigned long)" (?poll_remaining_handles@ACE_Msg_WFMO_Reactor@@MAEKK@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CloseServiceHandle@4 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::host(char const *)" (?host@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEXPBD@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateServiceA@52 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::insert(unsigned long,unsigned long,char const *,char const *,unsigned long *,char const *,char const *,char const *,unsigned long)" (?insert@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHKKPBD0PAK000K@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__OpenSCManagerA@12 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::insert(unsigned long,unsigned long,char const *,char const *,unsigned long *,char const *,char const *,char const *,unsigned long)" (?insert@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHKKPBD0PAK000K@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__OpenServiceA@12 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::test_access(unsigned long)" (?test_access@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHK@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetServiceStatus@8 referenced in function "protected: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::report_status(unsigned long,unsigned long)" (?report_status@ACE_NT_Service@@IAEHKK@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__DeleteService@4 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::remove(void)" (?remove@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHXZ)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ChangeServiceConfigA@44 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::startup(unsigned long)" (?startup@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHK@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__QueryServiceConfigA@16 referenced in function "public: unsigned long __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::startup(void)" (?startup@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEKXZ)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__QueryServiceStatus@8 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::state(unsigned long *,class ACE_Time_Value *)" (?state@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHPAKPAVACE_Time_Value@@@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__StartServiceA@12 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::start_svc(class ACE_Time_Value *,unsigned long *,unsigned long,char const * *)" (?start_svc@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHPAVACE_Time_Value@@PAKKPAPBD@Z)
NT_Service.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__ControlService@12 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_NT_Service::stop_svc(class ACE_Time_Value *,unsigned long *)" (?stop_svc@ACE_NT_Service@@QAEHPAVACE_Time_Value@@PAK@Z)
Pagefile_Memory_Pool.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetSecurityDescriptorDacl@16 referenced in function "protected: int __thiscall ACE_Pagefile_Memory_Pool::map(int &,unsigned int)" (?map@ACE_Pagefile_Memory_Pool@@IAEHAAHI@Z)
Pagefile_Memory_Pool.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__InitializeSecurityDescriptor@8 referenced in function "protected: int __thiscall ACE_Pagefile_Memory_Pool::map(int &,unsigned int)" (?map@ACE_Pagefile_Memory_Pool@@IAEHAAHI@Z)
Registry.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegFlushKey@4 referenced in function "public: int __thiscall ACE_Registry::Naming_Context::flush(void)" (?flush@Naming_Context@ACE_Registry@@QAEHXZ)
Registry.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegConnectRegistryA@12 referenced in function "public: static int __cdecl ACE_Predefined_Naming_Contexts::connect(class ACE_Registry::Naming_Context &,struct HKEY__ *,char const *)" (?connect@ACE_Predefined_Naming_Contexts@@SAHAAVNaming_Context@ACE_Registry@@PAUHKEY__@@PBD@Z)
..\\..\\dep\\lib\\Win32_Release\\ACE.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 35 unresolved externals
Build log was saved at "file://c:\\mangos\\win\\VC80\\ace__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
ACE_Wrappers - 47 error(s), 0 warning(s)\\

EDIT:

I try to clean solution and then rebuild but in the end i have

========== Rebuild All: 11 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

EDIT:

i install visual c++ 2008 but when i compile i have this error

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandset' not allowed
       C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandset'
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandreset' not allowed
       C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandreset'

Could anyone give me the EXACT thing I would type for the repository to make the server a TBC 2.4.3, instead of fully updated to 3.0.9.

I'm new to all of this, and I don't really like 3.x.x as it is right now, and i'd like to make one that is a 2.4.3 server.

Or if not that, could anyone could lead me in the right direction to making it 2.4.3

EDIT: I found it, its all fixed, I used the search button =)

If this is mentioned any where in this forum i apologize, I just didn't see it in here. If I want to add in custom pieces like Auction House bot, or a GM island or something when and where do I add in the code to compile it... I have been searching for it a while and could never understand at what point it needs to be added to work right.

You apply the patch files to your downloaded source folder, then compile.

Hi

i install visual c++ 2008 & Microsoft paltform SDK when i compile i have this error. I clean Solution and rebuild I give this error again.

I delete source code reget from git then build get this error again.

I try t0 bulid 2 diffrent comuputer one of them core 2 duo 2Gb ram. other one P4 512Mb ram get same error.

How can I fix this error

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandset' not allowed

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandset'

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandreset' not allowed

C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandreset'

i've got a problem compiling

this is the final of the results

10>C:\\Archivos de programA\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : error C2733: no se permite una segunda vinculación C de la función sobrecargada '_interlockedbittestandset'

10> C:\\Archivos de programA\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : vea la declaración de '_interlockedbittestandset'

10>C:\\Archivos de programA\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : error C2733: no se permite una segunda vinculación C de la función sobrecargada '_interlockedbittestandreset'

10> C:\\Archivos de programA\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : vea la declaración de '_interlockedbittestandreset'

10>Main.cpp

10>CliRunnable.cpp

10>El registro de compilación se guardó en el "file://c:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Documentos\\mangoswow\\win\\VC90\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

10>mangosd - 2 errores, 0 advertencias

11>------ Operación Generar iniciada: proyecto: script, configuración: Release Win32 ------

11>Compilando...

11>sc_default.cpp

11>system.cpp

11>ScriptMgr.cpp

11>Vinculando...

11>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: no se puede abrir el archivo de entrada 'mangosd.lib'

11>El registro de compilación se guardó en el "file://c:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Documentos\\mangoswow\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

11>script - 1 errores, 0 advertencias

========== Generar: 6 correctos, 5 incorrectos, 0 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========

Hay Rex : I fix these problem:)

In "microsoft visual studio 9.0\\vc\\include\\initrin.h" has not good declaration.

Search:in "initrin.h"

__MACHINEI(unsigned char _interlockedbittestandset ->and then rewrite the line end (long *a, long b))

__MACHINEI(unsigned char _interlockedbittestandreset ->and then rewrite the line end (long *a, long b))

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use