[Guide] Mangos Windows Setup

Guest AuntieMangos

You seem a bit confused :P

Usual Anti-virus won't block your software

Firewall on your server might....but in my experience it didn't, still i've allowed both executable files to be in the firewall allowed software list

Check Part 18 and 19 - http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?13121-World-of-Warcraft-Server-for-Windows-Installation-Guide

The last thing would be your router blocking the ports...but thats for external connection...internal would be fine...

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi everyone,

i have an error when i try to compile.

i'm using VC++ 2010 express on Windows 7

error

(it says :

"unable to start the program

C:\\Users\\bidule\\Desktop\\mangos\\win\\VC100\\.\\game_Win32_Release\\game.lib

The specified file is unknown or unsupported binary format. (i guess))

then, i added the directory as it said in this guide :

guide

PART 7 - CONFIGURING C++

Open Visual C++

Go to “Tools”, “Options”

Click the “+” next to Projects and Solutions, then click VC++ Directories

Make sure the drop down menu says “Executable Files”

Add a new entry by clicking on an empty row at the bottom of the list and then clicking on the “...” on the right edge.

Put your SDKs Bin folder path such as following: C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Bin ** Do not modify existing entries

Click the drop down menu and make sure it says “Include Files”, then do the same as previous for the Include folder: C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Include Click the drop down menu and make sure it says “Library Files”, then do the same as previous for the Lib folder: C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Lib

(i adapted this to VC++ 2010 so i added these paths in the properties file of the project)

but it's still the same error.

does anyone have an idea ?

ps : sorry for my poor english :/

• 39 years later...

This guide is great but because im complete noob in this sort of things i messed up somewhere.

When i try to run mangosd and relamd files i get: Cannot connect to the world database/Couldnot connect to MySql databse.

MySql server is runing and im connected with sqlyog so idk where is prob

I know i messed smething up,pls help me if you can,and don't lol as i said im complete noob with database work

This guide is great but because im complete noob in this sort of things i messed up somewhere.

When i try to run mangosd and relamd files i get: Cannot connect to the world database/Couldnot connect to MySql databse.

MySql server is runing and im connected with sqlyog so idk where is prob

I know i messed smething up,pls help me if you can,and don't lol as i said im complete noob with database work

That would be an issue with your conf files, make sure you changed the info correctly (do not include the square brackets that I had shown in my example).

I've always had problem with:

git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

can some1 PLEASE upload the files u get from there "git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git"

to filebeam.com or rapidshare...

I just went looking for the exe files and di not find either mangos or realmd.exe!

I've always had problem with:

git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

can some1 PLEASE upload the files u get from there "git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git"

to filebeam.com or rapidshare...

I just went looking for the exe files and di not find either mangos or realmd.exe!

mango's doesn't support repacks, I think that would be defined as a repack.

Believe me, the exe's are there.

mango's doesn't support repacks, I think that would be defined as a repack.

Believe me, the exe's are there.

22_5.jpg

...btw..ww3 will not brake up if some1 would repack!!!

edit*

the bin folder is missing!!! thats why I am not getting the exe and the dll files

edit*

@ Phenomenon...u r un-PM-able! :mellow:

the bin folder is missing!!! thats why I am not getting the exe and the dll files

You need to compile as per OPs above. Do exactly what is there and you will get the exes.

The step about extracting the maps, vmaps and DBCs misses only that you get those extracted files and put on the apropriate folders on your server(Mangos one) sub-folders.

Thaonx Phenomenon for the great help.

Great guide so far, just having one problem, wehn I try to set up the configuration for the MySQL server, I get an error when it tries to apply the security settings.

The Error is:

Error Nr. 1045

Access denied for user'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

anyone have any problems with this before?

Also having problem with compiling,

12>Linking...

12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib'

12>Build log was saved at "file://k:\\MaNGos\\git\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

12>script - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

any ideas? I have done the clean build and tried compiling twice now, both times end with these lines.

You need to compile as per OPs above. Do exactly what is there and you will get the exes.

The step about extracting the maps, vmaps and DBCs misses only that you get those extracted files and put on the apropriate folders on your server(Mangos one) sub-folders.

Thank you, I added that part in.

Great guide so far, just having one problem, wehn I try to set up the configuration for the MySQL server, I get an error when it tries to apply the security settings.

The Error is:

Error Nr. 1045

Access denied for user'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

anyone have any problems with this before?

Also having problem with compiling,

12>Linking...

12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib'

12>Build log was saved at "file://k:\\MaNGos\\git\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

12>script - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

any ideas? I have done the clean build and tried compiling twice now, both times end with these lines.

The security problem with the config is most likely due to a firewall and/or a virus scanner. Try turning them off, configuring the MySQL server, then turning them back on. It's also possible that you may not have the permissions to do it (you need admin permissions to configure the server).

As for your compile issue try redownloading the source. Also; make sure you have the Microsoft C++ 2008 libraries and maybe even 2005 if 2008 alone doesn't work. It's also possible that this is also a permissions issue, I'm not sure, I've never gotten that error before.

Hope that helps!

Good day mates.

I have/had a running 3.0.3 server that I wanted to upgrade to 3.0.9. 3.0.3 did not require the Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2 and I am just wondering what in the code's requirements (header files/libs) requires this as I can still compile under VS2005 w/o the SDK without any compilation errors. However when I try to run realmd and mangosd I get "The application failed to initialize properly" error.

I will install the SDK next and follow the above instructions but they only reason I can see it compiling fine but throwing an exception at runtime would be if older libs were being used that the SDK updates.

Any thought before I install the SDK and try a rebuild?

Cheers mates.

*** EDIT

Ok, I rebuilt with the SDK and I get the same error - crash for both realmd and mangosd right out of the gate. This is using the master branch from git as suggest above. Any ideas?

Best Regards,

T.

That's a big negatory. :)

Have been running 3.0.3 and now trying to compile/run 3.0.9 on the same machine - XP Pro SP3.

Nothing on my build machine/server has changed in regards to either user software (what I installed) or even Windows software (Windows updates, etc).

I have tried getting the files from the repo multiple times now with same result.

If there are no suggestions, I will try debugging/stepping through the code to see what it doesn't like and post back what I find.

Cheers.

Aight, so I cleaned/rebuilt a debug build and compilation succeeded without issue.

Activating the mangosd project and running the debugger, the Output Windows Shows

'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'E:\\mangos_src\\bin\\win32_debug\\mangosd.exe', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ws2_32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\advapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\rpcrt4.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\secur32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ws2help.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'E:\\mangos_src\\bin\\win32_debug\\dbghelp.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\WinSxS\\x86_Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_5490cd9f\\msvcr80d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\user32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\gdi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'E:\\mangos_src\\bin\\win32_debug\\ACEd.dll', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mswsock.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\netapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\WinSxS\\x86_Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_5490cd9f\\msvcp80d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\wsock32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'E:\\mangos_src\\bin\\win32_debug\\libmySQL.dll', No symbols loaded.
'mangosd.exe': Loaded 'E:\\mangos_src\\bin\\win32_debug\\libeay32.dll', No symbols loaded.
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe e:\\mangos_src\\bin\\win32_debug\\LIBEAY32.dll for its manifest, ntstatus 0xc0150002
Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable exception was thrown during process load
The program '[3840] mangosd.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

Digging into the LIBEAY32.dll's manifest, event viewer shows that

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

I quickly looked through the manifests for the various modules that were built and could not see where VC90.DebugCRT was referenced and this would be a problem as I should only be referencing VC8-built libraries/dlls (as it appears from the install instructions above that VC80 is still supported). Admittedly, my strengths are in C/C++ and I am just teaching myself the DotNet side, so I am a little weak in manifest management and so appeal to the communitify for support in this matter..as I suspect anyone trying to compile under VC8/2005 will experience the same difficulty.

Best Regards,

T.

***EDIT:

I have confimed this is the same issue when running a release build with the exception being the reference to the non-debug version:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: SideBySide

Event Category: None

Event ID: 32

Date: 02/04/2009

Time: 1:04:05 PM

User: N/A

Computer: WXPP-P3000

Description:

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thank you, I added that part in.

The security problem with the config is most likely due to a firewall and/or a virus scanner. Try turning them off, configuring the MySQL server, then turning them back on. It's also possible that you may not have the permissions to do it (you need admin permissions to configure the server).

As for your compile issue try redownloading the source. Also; make sure you have the Microsoft C++ 2008 libraries and maybe even 2005 if 2008 alone doesn't work. It's also possible that this is also a permissions issue, I'm not sure, I've never gotten that error before.

Hope that helps!

ok, I managed to get around the security thing by not changing the settings and then leaving the password spot in the SQLyog blank, still can't compile... re-downloaded the git and followed the directions, and still get massive errors in the ACE_wrappers project. The only erros I can find are all this

1>C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandset' not allowed

1> C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1040) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandset'

1>C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function '_interlockedbittestandreset' not allowed

1> C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include\\intrin.h(1041) : see declaration of '_interlockedbittestandreset'

As for the libraries, could you list the ones that are needed so I can check to see if maybe one or two are missing?

Thanks for the help so far.

man, do the f*ing thing b4 u talk:

http://github.com/mangos/mangos/tree/master

the

BIN FOLDER

is not there...this what u now get when git....

here is another image...

http://f.imagehost.org/0595/asdasdasdasdasdasda.jpg

Hello,

I followed your directions perfectly (I believe), but there seems to be something that was updated recenely and it's not on the site or the GIT. the gameobject_templete table doesn't have 34 fields error keeps comming up, even though i've updated the database all the way (and even dropped it and started over thinking I messed up somehow). I checked the table myself, and sure enough it is not in the format that MaNGOSd is expecting. Is anybody else having this problem?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use