[PATCH] AuctionHouse Bot

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there ive got following problem...

if i say git aply auctionhousebot.patch (its the name of my file) it will say

auctionhousebot.patch:191 new blank line at EOF.

+

auctionhousebot.patch:292 new blank line at EOF.

+

error: patched failed: src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp27

error: src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp: patch does not apply

what shoulkd i do that it works?? ive got the latest version of the mangos.git

what shoulkd i do that it works?? ive got the latest version of the mangos.git

I used Naicisum's repo and no patches for ahbot but now I do finnaly have a problem with the latest core rev, ahbot is crashing the server...the Developers have finnaly figgured out how to break it.

I used Naicisum's repo and no patches for ahbot but now I do finnaly have a problem with the latest core rev, ahbot is crashing the server...the Developers have finnaly figgured out how to break it.

Are you 100% sure that crashes come from ahbot? I'm rather bad with C++ but I couldn't see anything changing or affecting ahbots behavior. My server with MaNGOS 9609 runs smooth. No error messages, no high CPU usage, I even compile wine right now and I have no probs. So if you haven't messed up your ahbot configs I think another custom patch of yours is causing the problems.

Regards

Skirnir

PS: I hope Naicisum will come back, no reason to declare him "gone".

Are you 100% sure that crashes come from ahbot? I'm rather bad with C++ but I couldn't see anything changing or affecting ahbots behavior. My server with MaNGOS 9609 runs smooth. No error messages, no high CPU usage, I even compile wine right now and I have no probs. So if you haven't messed up your ahbot configs I think another custom patch of yours is causing the problems.

Regards

Skirnir

PS: I hope Naicisum will come back, no reason to declare him "gone".

I guess the fact that I've been using Naicisum repo for almost a year and when I turn on ahbot the server slows down to the point that it crashes with in 30 sec. and when I turn off ahbot it runs perfictly plus the fact I'm the one that told everyone how to configure the sql's to get it to work doesn't matter.....hmmmmI guess it could be DUAL_SPEC????....not!

Weird, it works fine here, just compiled without a problem after simply solving the merge conflicts, I have a branch for ahbot at http://github.com/xeross/mangos/commits/ahbot

It merged and compiled correctly, thats not the problem, the problem is when I start ahbot with as little as no items all the way up to 50,000 it stalls the server untill I shut off ahbot, it doesn't matter if I use 1 house or all three nor doesn't matter if I have items, it just crashes when on and runs fine when off?????I have just merged the lates commit and I'll try again in the morning.

Are you 100% sure that crashes come from ahbot?

I can confirm that ahbot causes segmentation faults with Mangos rev9609. I've tried compiling with and without ahbot multiple times, and every time I compile the git pull from Naicisum's repository, Mangos will crash with a segfault after a few seconds of running. Compiling as such works fine though, no errors at all after merging the mangos.conf.dist.in manually.

It used to work fine the last time, when I used the ahbot.patch you posted here in the thread, so I have no idea what could be wrong. GDB says that some thread related to the player.cpp is crashing, but I'm not familiar with debugging C++ and have no idea what this could mean.

Paradox, the original author of AHBot, has been banned over at the TC forums so I have no way of contacting him to ask what changes are necessary to update our AHBot here.

I sure hope everything is okay with Naicisum. I think I'll say a prayer for him and keep my fingers crossed, just in case he needs more help than I can give with just text on a computer screen.

auctionhousebot.patch:191 new blank line at EOF.

+

auctionhousebot.patch:292 new blank line at EOF.

+

error: patched failed: src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp27

error: src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp: patch does not apply

what shoulkd i do that it works?? ive got the latest version of the mangos.git and ahbot

I can confirm that ahbot causes segmentation faults with Mangos rev9609. I've tried compiling with and without ahbot multiple times, and every time I compile the git pull from Naicisum's repository, Mangos will crash with a segfault after a few seconds of running. Compiling as such works fine though, no errors at all after merging the mangos.conf.dist.in manually.

It used to work fine the last time, when I used the ahbot.patch you posted here in the thread, so I have no idea what could be wrong. GDB says that some thread related to the player.cpp is crashing, but I'm not familiar with debugging C++ and have no idea what this could mean.

Are you sure you are not merging with something else or your parameters are correct ?

Automatic merge does not work with the AHBot repository until it is updated for the most recent MaNGOS core.

You can either edit the entire patch into your source tree by hand or do a merge and then resolve conflicts using git mergetool.

At this time, there seems to be segmentation faults between AHBot and MaNGOS. Let's wait and see what xeross155 finds...if people reporting the crashes will provide proper dumps.

I'm sticking with a MaNGOS revision for which AHBot works without those troubles. It's far more important to have the auction houses working on my low-pop server than to have fixes and updates for the server core at this point. My players can live with missing spells and broken buffs but they'd scream bloody murder if they lost their beloved AHBot, without which they would have little to nothing to bid upon and be forced to sell valuable loot to vendors for chump change!

UnkleNuke, Thank you, and yes I'll wait but as for a crash dump, I'm sorry it won't generate one for me thats is how bad the freeze is I have to reset the Machine and the crash dump from Server 2008 is about as useless as it gets considering it's only a partial and all it list is a bad pageframe at regiser x, from mangossd.exe...A lot of help! thank you Microsoft and thier debug Team....Now if I could figgure out how the heck to use Linux command line I might change over to Suse Linux but I'm too dam lazy to go to all that work....

Hi, i have a little Problem

after merging i have a Problem while compiling:

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp: In member function 'void MailDraft::SendReturnToSender(uint32, uint32, uint32)':

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp:1024: error: 'auctionbot' was not declared in this scope

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp: In member function 'void MailDraft::SendMailTo(const MailReceiver&, const MailSender&, MailCheckMask, uint32)':

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp:1045: error: 'auctionbot' was not declared in this scope

someone know how to solve my problem?

Hi, i have a little Problem

after merging i have a Problem while compiling:

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp: In member function 'void MailDraft::SendReturnToSender(uint32, uint32, uint32)':

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp:1024: error: 'auctionbot' was not declared in this scope

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp: In member function 'void MailDraft::SendMailTo(const MailReceiver&, const MailSender&, MailCheckMask, uint32)':

../../../src/game/Mail.cpp:1045: error: 'auctionbot' was not declared in this scope

someone know how to solve my problem?

Is this with my branch because I have tested it yesterday.

Are you sure you are not merging with something else or your parameters are correct ?

I think I'm merging merging the right repository (git://github.com/Naicisum/mangos.git ahbot), but maybe there are errors I don't know about. Git says everything is fine, but I'll try running git mergetool and see if anything turns up.

At this time, there seems to be segmentation faults between AHBot and MaNGOS. Let's wait and see what xeross155 finds...if people reporting the crashes will provide proper dumps.

I'll gladly provide a dump if you tell me how to get one. As I said, I don't know squat about C++ coding, so I've got no idea where to find it.

Based on that information and the earlier reports of crashes, it seems that AHBot once again is broken due to changes in the MaNGOS mail system.

This seems to happen at least once for every client version for which MaNGOS is updated.

Sooooo..... Anyone care to take a crack at updating AHBot's interface with the mail handlers?

since it works fine on 9600 and i see here problems with 9600+, pretty sure the problem is somewhere cause by this commit i hope that gives someone a boost to figure it out, cause my c++ knowledge isn't that great yet atm :(

I'm not good with C++ yet eather, I'm still learning from C, but I figure it has to be a comit between 9607 to 9611 because thats where it broke for me, and who knows this might help to pin it down even more. I hope so.