[PATCH] AuctionHouse Bot

when ever i try merging ahbot i get this error.. and this error give me a compileing error i think.. please help me:

Auto-merging sql/Makefile.am

Auto-merging src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Level3.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Player.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Player.h

Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A side note for Naicisum and all trying to get this working, I have done a merge pull with the new 3.3.0a core and compiled with no problems and have had the server up and running with a full functioning AH for aprox 20 hours now no crash and no Character mangling yet to be seen. I've got:

Mangos 9141

UDB 386

SD2 1543

Acid 302

Kaxias's Dual Spec ( Pull & Merge)

Naicisum's ahbot (Pull & Merge)

Blueboy's Playerbot (Pull & Merge)

No vehicle brnach since Tasssadar' Valhalla Brance is messedup

Edit: I have now gotten the Vehicles to play nice with all but Playerbot, thanks to sajia's edit.

Ok, been a while so lets start with the comments... :)

@X-Savior

I do have removing the player from the database on the list of things to do, ive been working on customization feature first to allow a fine granularity to what you can do with the ahbot. But due to my first few attempts at this realized this would take a while for me, I need to learn how to recode the affected sections around items to not need a player, some look straight forward others do not. I do want to remove this all togeather and would love to see this merged into master!

@reno138

If you would like, I can add your info to the 1st post for the v0.12 ahbot that your running... Let me know.

@Gimp, UncleNuke

I wouldn't mind looking over that code and bringing it in (with authors consent/permissions and correct credits), but I want to finish my changes to the next revision first before losing focus or getting distracted.

@ckegg

Concerning the buyer stopping, strange, I will try to replicate this on my end.

@All/Everyone

So where I stand, well ive finished most of the DB changes for the config db table. Im focusing on the override table at the moment and once thats finished, ill post upload the code to the dev branch for a so called "BETA" before merging it back into the main ahbot. I will post when this is done and ask for volenteers for testing this new branch.

I was sick last week which ment I slept and was slow to update the repo (i try to keep this a morning task), and Ive thought of automatically doing this but it does help to quickly peruse the recent changes to see if any will pop out to me and cause a problem.

As to the DB corruption, im not sure how that can happen (but im sure there always is a way), the recent problem on my end that I corrected in HotFix-06 concerned an incorrect flag that didnt tell mangos to remove the items from the item_instance table in the characters database. I apologize again to everyone for this oversite. Keep in mind i try to keep all the code using standard mangos functions and try to modify the main code as little as possible, this is what helps keep the code working when they change things to how those functions work.

I will also look into what happens if there are no/few items for auction with large values set, and experiment more with two sided interaction config. Right now I dont test with two sided set, but will add this to the list of things for regression testing.

I also updated my repo as of this morning, created a "ahbot-mangos-v0.15" tag for the last version with v0.15 main, since I know some of you like this feature. ;)

Now I have to go generate all new files and recomp my server. :)

My honest opinion? I'd rather you just keep following the work you've established, Naicisum. You never know where it might lead you. Although some do like the myriad of features in the Trinity AHBot, my concern is not to have your AHBot becoming "hijacked" and turning into just a port of Paradox's work. I only suggested taking a look at that code for ideas and inspiration but I feel that this AHBot has become yours and do not wish to see your work getting derailed. Even though Paradox is a very skilled coder, he is not you and the ideas you have and the methods to implement them just might be for the best. You're the one who is coding this for MaNGOS. Trinity is a different animal, now, with different attitudes toward coding for their server and a different spirit.

I've got faith in you. :)

P.S. - Those mangled tables haven't occurred in a while, so I do believe the hotfix you put in place did fix that issue. I did notice the AHBuyer still does not seem to work in Alliance auction houses. I haven't checked if the same still holds true for Horde. Also... Glad you're feeling better!

Hey guys,

I'm sure i'm too early with this, but would like to point out that the current branch is not (auto) merging with a clean mangos branch (3.3.0)

From git://github.com/blueboy/mangos

* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD

Auto-merged src/game/CharacterHandler.cpp

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/CharacterHandler.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Creature.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Player.cpp

Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

Pulled MaNGOS version is : 9173

I'm not a coder so have to admit i cannot help with this. Once again, just pointing it out.. nothing more.

A side note for Naicisum and all trying to get this working, I have done a merge pull with the new 3.3.0a core and compiled with no problems and have had the server up and running with a full functioning AH for aprox 20 hours now no crash and no Character mangling yet to be seen. I've got:

Mangos 9141

UDB 386

SD2 1543

Acid 302

Kaxias's Dual Spec ( Pull & Merge)

Naicisum's ahbot (Pull & Merge)

Blueboy's Playerbot (Pull & Merge)

No vehicle brnach since Tasssadar' Valhalla Brance is messedup

Edit: I have now gotten the Vehicles to play nice with all but Playerbot, thanks to sajia's edit.

how do i get the AH bot. or what is the git line to get this.

how do i get the AH bot. or what is the git line to get this.

@mec69-- The repo for AHBot and my command is git pull git://github.com/Naicisum.mangos.git ahbot.

Also I'm now upto MaNGOS core 9182 with all of the same specs as above and still working perfictly, just remember there are a lot of cleanup's with the Playerbot pull and that has to do with the Valhall-Project. I do my work in this order and it does fine

pull -- mangos

Pull -- ahbot

pull -- Dual Spec

pull -- Valhalla

Cleanup

pull -- Playerbot

Cleanup

Compile----Scream....Cuss....Scream somemore!....Play Solotaire( about 5 to 7 games).

Done.....Ya!!!!!

Also as a side note for those using Dual Specialization, I am not having any trouble with the Acheivement for any class or race except for Rouge...I can't find the Trainer that has Dual Spec....

@Naicisum--You have a MONSTER HERE! and it works great but I'd change the sql's as I have shown before so that the end user has a base to start with other than toon creation.

By cleanup do you mean manual cleanup (fixed all the rej files) or is there a command that you run?

@mec69-- The repo for AHBot and my command is git pull git://github.com/Naicisum.mangos.git ahbot.

Also I'm now upto MaNGOS core 9182 with all of the same specs as above and still working perfictly, just remember there are a lot of cleanup's with the Playerbot pull and that has to do with the Valhall-Project. I do my work in this order and it does fine

pull -- mangos

Pull -- ahbot

pull -- Dual Spec

pull -- Valhalla

Cleanup

pull -- Playerbot

Cleanup

Compile----Scream....Cuss....Scream somemore!....Play Solotaire( about 5 to 7 games).

Done.....Ya!!!!!

Also as a side note for those using Dual Specialization, I am not having any trouble with the Acheivement for any class or race except for Rouge...I can't find the Trainer that has Dual Spec....

@Naicisum--You have a MONSTER HERE! and it works great but I'd change the sql's as I have shown before so that the end user has a base to start with other than toon creation.

my ah bot is running but theres still nothing in the AH.

Have you taken the time to fill out the tables in characters_auctionhousebot? That's where you set the minimum/maximum items for each faction's auctionhouse. Otherwise even if AHBOT is running, the AH will be empty!

I'll be modifying AHBot a little so it's easier for people that merge a lot of branches to see what changes belong with which modification (Primarily adding comments) might also clean up a little.

I just found that AHBot adds

Code C++:

if(sWorld.getConfig(CONFIG_ALLOW_TWO_SIDE_INTERACTION_AUCTION))

AH->auctioneer = 23442;

else

AH->auctioneer = GUID_LOPART(auctioneer);

To me this seems unneeded, I see it's for 2 side interaction but why would that need a different auctioneer ID.

BTW Here's the diff with what I changed: http://github.com/xeross/mangos/commit/63d194e8fe5d024518c2bedd2c38c02acc31a235

I'll be modifying AHBot a little so it's easier for people that merge a lot of branches to see what changes belong with which modification (Primarily adding comments) might also clean up a little.

I just found that AHBot adds

Code C++:

if(sWorld.getConfig(CONFIG_ALLOW_TWO_SIDE_INTERACTION_AUCTION))

AH->auctioneer = 23442;

else

AH->auctioneer = GUID_LOPART(auctioneer);

To me this seems unneeded, I see it's for 2 side interaction but why would that need a different auctioneer ID.

BTW Here's the diff with what I changed: http://github.com/xeross/mangos/commit/63d194e8fe5d024518c2bedd2c38c02acc31a235

It's nice to see you taking over some patches Xeross, it seems Kaxias has been too busy to update his repo.

Firstly I'd like to say thankyou to Naicisum for their work on this amazing addition to MaNGOS, It really makes the game so much more playable and I love using it.

There are a couple of points I'd like to make / questions I'd like to ask however.

Firstly I notice that there's never any glyphs posted by the bot, I have the min/max items set to 10000/20000 per-faction and would think this should be enough to see at least one or two. I know this has been mentioned before but perhaps a way to 'up' the % of items which are glyphs would be helpful.

Secondly the amount of epic items seems to be a *lot* higher than the 1% - 2% it is set to by default, not sure if there's a problem there. Not a big issue really just something to look at if there's time.

and thirdly and finally I know this is a bit of a stretch but would it be impossible to post the .patch file(s) for each revision as a seperate download? I know it's nice to have the entire git branch but it's not the most user-friendly approach to distributing ~150kb of data. I've got my auctionhousebot.patch built and it works great but I'm cringing at the through of having to re-build it if changes to the bot-data are made in the future and simply applying the patch to newer mangos-revisions is pretty effortless :)

Thanks again!

i dont see the difference myself... making patch files and applying them takes just about as much work as checking out a new branch and then pulling.... in the latter case, if the pull goes bad you can delete the branch and try again... the only annoyance i can see different is that you might have to clean up some more files.. you cant possibly be that lazy

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, what I was doing was pulling the ahbot branch, making the patch then each time there's a new version of mangos, pulling that and applying the patch. Are you saying I should just pull the ahbot branch each time instead? I didn't think it was updated automatically and that Naicisum needed to merge each time?

Hello.

Excuse my bad english. (google helps me)

I have a question.

how do I create a patch for mangos revision 8994?

I have read so much but it still failed.

whenever I get an error I run the patch.

My system is ubuntu9.10 with putty access

step by step manual please ...

here are my steps

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git clone git://github.com/Naicisum/mangos.git ahbot

cd ahbot

git checkout origin/ahbot

git checkout -b ahbot

git diff master ahbot > auctionhousebot.patch

git reset --mixed d04b1344d3a9f68614d71804aa988dc7bd120fe0 <-- 8994

git am < auctionhousebot.patch <--error

cd ..

svn co -r 1516 https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scriptdev2/ src/bindings/ScriptDev2

git apply src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-*

autoreconf --install --force;mkdir objdir;cd objdir;

../configure --prefix=/opt/mangos --sysconfdir=/opt/mangos/etc --enable-cli --enable-ra --datadir=/opt/mangos

make

make install