[PATCH] AuctionHouse Bot

Here's an updated patch I generated after manually merging AHbot with the current MaNGOS (9549)

http://skinlayers.net/evoxpatches/mangos-ahbot-9549.patch

cd mangos
wget [url]http://skinlayers.net/evoxpatches/mangos-ahbot-9549.patch[/url]
git apply mangos-ahbot-9549.patch
rm mangos-ahbot-9549.patch

Hopefully this will help those of you having issues with git or are just too lazy to generate your own diff ;)

skinlayers

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kugel and UnkleNuke

You could try this one: http://gist.github.com/310405

I checked out Naicisums ahbot0.15 patch and merged up to 9310. Only merge probs were with VCx0/game.vcproj, but I hopefully fixed these (can't test, as I don't use windows). I haven't (and won't do so) tested the patch myself, but I'm quite positiv it will compile. If you spot some compile errors connected to ahbot, post them and I'll have a look.

And I don't think Vladimir reads in this thread that often, if you have a message for him you better post it someplace else ;-)

Be calm with Naicisum, he's a busy man.

Regards

Skirnir

Skirnir: You're actually missing a couple of files. Namely README.AHBOT, characters_auctionhousebot.sql, and characters_auctionhousebot_update.sql

skinlayers

Hello all!

Just wanted to make you aware of some AHbot compile warnings I'm getting under Ubuntu. No biggy, but it might help you clean your code or track down errors in the future:

../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp: In member function ‘void AuctionHouseBot::addNewAuctionBuyerBotBid(Player*, AHBConfig*, WorldSession*)’:
../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp:578: warning: format ‘%f’ expects type ‘double’, but argument 3 has type ‘long double’
../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp:633: warning: format ‘%f’ expects type ‘double’, but argument 3 has type ‘long double’
../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp:643: warning: format ‘%f’ expects type ‘double’, but argument 3 has type ‘long double’
../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp:667: warning: format ‘%f’ expects type ‘double’, but argument 3 has type ‘long double’
../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp: In member function ‘void AuctionHouseBot::Initialize()’:
../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp:812: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
../../../src/game/AuctionHouseBot.cpp:839: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments

../../../src/game/Level3.cpp: In member function ‘bool ChatHandler::HandleAHBotOptionsCommand(const char*)’:
../../../src/game/Level3.cpp:163: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format
../../../src/game/Level3.cpp:187: warning: spurious trailing ‘%’ in format

Thanks!

skinlayers

So... once again AHBOT has been neglected... It is really sad to see it so extremely out dated once again.

Now this will start to become a major issue right away for everyone becuase UDB 388 is close to being finished so EVERYONE will be switching from 3.3.0a to 3.3.2 shortly.

Please Naicisum can you update the repo and fix AHBOT for all of us to create a new Patch that will work with latest core?

Thank You!

To the best of my knowledge, there's no set rule that any patch or core mod is the exclusive property of any single developer, right?

I know Naicisum is the torch-bearer for the MaNGOS AHBot but, surely someone can step forward and help the guy out. Real life sometimes presents roadblocks to keep us from pursuing our hobbies and passions. Such may be the case here.

We all would like for this code to be maintained and updated almost daily but, that's just not possible when the more mundane necessities of living demands time be devoted to paying the rent, keeping your significant other happy, appeasing the boss, making deadlines at work, and a hundred other things we endure between brief moments of doing what we really want.

Aren't we supposed to be a community here? So let's pull together and lend a hand to the AHBot project! As it has been said, "When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl. And, when you can't crawl, you get someone to carry you." So, if any of you are handy with C++, jump right in and start updating. The rest of us can test and test some more until we once more have a stable and working patch. We all can contribute.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no set rule that any patch or core mod is the exclusive property of any single developer, right?

I know Naicisum is the torch-bearer for the MaNGOS AHBot but, surely someone can step forward and help the guy out. Real life sometimes presents roadblocks to keep us from pursuing our hobbies and passions. Such may be the case here.

We all would like for this code to be maintained and updated almost daily but, that's just not possible when the more mundane necessities of living demands time be devoted to paying the rent, keeping your significant other happy, appeasing the boss, making deadlines at work, and a hundred other things we endure between brief moments of doing what we really want.

Aren't we supposed to be a community here? So let's pull together and lend a hand to the AHBot project! As it has been said, "When you can't run, you walk. When you can't walk, you crawl. And, when you can't crawl, you get someone to carry you." So, if any of you are handy with C++, jump right in and start updating. The rest of us can test and test some more until we once more have a stable and working patch. We all can contribute.

I couldn't agree more. It should not be Naicisum alone working ont his. There should be a couple people OFFICIALLY working together to keep this project alive. If we can free up his time a little then he can spend it getting it fixed up with new features (that we are all long awaiting) and also take the steps to get this ready for Mangos Inclusion. Vladimir said several times that as soon as we can eliminate need for Player Account for listing items (Use NPC in-game) then it will be acceptable enough for Mangos Core. Then from there on more can help and will have support of entire Mangos Dev Team.

Just my 2 cents

In the meantime, does anyone have a current patch that is working. I am trying to get a 3.3.2 Realm up and running.

I'd like to reply to UnkelNuke and X-Savior (and the always asking vladex ;-) ), as I feel I'm one of the more active members in this thread.

I'm using Ahbot since Naicisum has started his work with it. I read his opening post "how to handle the ahbot repository" and since then I'm merging and updating my local branch. I'm doing so at least once a day. I've shipped round some of the more dangerous cliffs (I remember the day mangos reverted the "minimal load" function). Basicaly I had my branch running all the time and I would be able to compile ahbot on a daily basis. I have no public repo because I can't assure that I can have it updated for the far or near future. My C++ knowledge is quite poor (and it doesn't look like this is gonna change in the near future), if I see something and it works I'm happy, but if it doesn't work ... well I can not "develop" it. And that's what Ahbot imho needs, someone that actually can develop it. Someone who can improve the code, someone who can really update it at every stage.

I could only provide a daily merged mangos master branch.

This is the "most" important reason why I think I should not do it. Another one is, I'm a guy who knows how hard you have to fight for your free time and I can perfectly understand if Naicisum needs his day/week/month off. In Europe the universitys are still in examination phase and if he's trough with that he might have his holidays. Since I respect him as person and his work as developer, I'd feel rather uneasy to push a sloppy branch, I couldn't even maintain properly. I don't want to take his credit or push him out of business.

If you X-Savior want an up to date ahbot patch, I'll be more than pleased to help you out with that. Hence how much fun do I have with mangos due to your work with ACID. Just tell me for which revision you want a patch file and I'll do my very best to deliver it as fast as possible.

Regards

Skirnir

I really appreciate it. I know I could take the time to hand patch it and create a new patch. But my time is very limited and would REALLY appreciate a patch from latest Mangos version. This way my time is freed to continue working on ACID. I am glad you appreciate it and I am doing my part to help the community.

I am always rooting for AHBOT and also have used it for several years now. Keep up the good work guys!

Even simply providing current merges of AHBot is one way to contribute and help out, Skirnir. Don't sell yourself short. Being able to provide people with an AHBot that can merge without errors takes some of burden from Naicisum, who would otherwise be under great pressure to stop whatever he's doing to create an updated merge.

As for you, X-Savior, it's an immutable law that MaNGOS without ACID reduces game play to nothing more exciting than shooting tin ducks. I also wish there were more people to help you in your efforts. It seems everyone is running short-handed. It's one of the deeper-cutting consequences of the split that led to Trinity's founding, I fear.

I wish it were possible to learn C++ and SQL with a simple download, Matrix-style. I'd jump into the deep end and be as happy as a pig in a mud wallow! I'll see what I can do with my spare time to try and learn some coding. Perhaps one of these years I'll be able to help out more than just being a cheerleader.

I wish it were possible to learn C++ and SQL with a simple download, Matrix-style. I'd jump into the deep end and be as happy as a pig in a mud wallow! I'll see what I can do with my spare time to try and learn some coding. Perhaps one of these years I'll be able to help out more than just being a cheerleader.

I think that C++ is more difficult to learn that sql just because in WoW for example you have to know what are you doing with the commands ( i mean to know what command to use for flying for example,opening a gate etc.) the lack of those who know C++ here is just because as I said it takes a lot of time to learn... you will need professional studies too

X-Savior: Here is the promised patch: ahbot.patch. I have just applied it to a clean mangos branch and compiled it on Debian Lenny x64 with MaNGOS rev9567. I quickly tested if ahbot inserts items and that part seems to work, so I have no doubt about the rest.

I have only included the character_auctionhousebot.sql file, as the update_character_auctionhousebot.sql file isn't needed (was discussed earlier this thread and if you already have that file applied to your "test" database, nothing has changed!). I've applied the patch by dropping "ahbot.patch" into my mangos source dir, checked out a clean branch and "git apply ahbot.patch". If that doesn't work for you, somehow git sometimes complains about corrupted file endings (I rly don't know why it does so) you could try it with: "patch -p1 < ahbot.patch" ... you know the procedure^^

Hope it works out (else I'd failed again)

Regards

Skirnir

Good job, Skirnir! I second marcelomax's response. :)

I'm hoping that Naicisum's absence is due to improving AHBot, such as fixing the Buyer so it once again works for all factions, not just the Neutral auction houses in places like Gadgetzan.

@vladex:

I did take an introductory C++ class during my brief flirtation with college back in 2001. It covered all the basics up to SWITCH/CASE, three-dimensional arrays, sorting, strings, and simple file I/O. It was the most fun I've ever had in school and it did seem to come naturally to me. I've missed that experience. Real life got me sidetracked and I've only just begun to have the luxury of picking it back up again. Still have all my books, class notes, source code hard copies, and even my assignment diskettes but, I've also picked up several other books, since I'm sure C++ has changed a lot over the years.

Having read over the MaNGOS source code, I'd say making sense of how it all fits together so you can develop coherent code would be the hard part. I'm sure there's open source projects out there which are far larger but, MaNGOS's source tree is a real monster compared to its humble beginnings.

Thank you for the patch file. I will test it out when I get home tonight.

Unclenuke: I know you are a big fan and I really appreciate it, It is also the fans who drive the developers also. If you have limited knowledge and really want to help SQL is FAR FAR easier to learn then C++ so you may be able to help UDB or ACID projects. When I started with the community I did not even know what SQL even was... so that shows where I came from. The only thing I can do with C++ is pretty much completely crash anything I touch (If it even compiles to start with). Basic SQL commands cab be learned very quickly and I would say in less then a week you will be rock and rolling with SQL. Just helping provide some direction for you.

HELPP! lol

Ok, i can read everywhereeeeeee about all the settings you can set your AHBot to.....

but whre do i get the patch file

I've downloaded gnuwin32 wich i have no idea what the hell that is

I've also tried a AuctionHouseBot_v5.6.patch wich seem a very old version...specifying files that doesn't even have the same name

I've downloaded here mangos-ahbot-9549.patch wich doesn't work.... some error messages

And i've downloaded also ahbot.patch wich gimme an fatal corrupt patch at line 3659 if i do a git apply --check

Is there any .patch file that works and where can i get it?!?!?!

Thanks

Oh well still end up with an error

i did:

• Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose “Git Bash Here”

• Type the following

git clone git://github.com/Naicisum/mangos.git addon/ahbot

cd addon

cd ahbot

git checkout origin/ahbot

git checkout –b ahbot

git diff master ahbot > auctionhousebot.patch

cd c:\\Mangos