Eye of Acherus.

@Jethrogibbs I've applied this patch to my server including the patch's patch and, when the eye die, the mangos-worldd crashes. Is there any way to avoid that? I read in somewhere that there is way to leave the eye in god-mode. =D how can I do that?

thank you!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looK post #141

nope... with this patch i've the same problem. when the eye die the server crash. mangos rev 9651 / YTDB R54

UPDATE...

With Last UDB self Problem.

With both DB's :

When i explore the Forge, it complete Scarlet Hold

When i explore the Town Hall, it complete the Chapel

By exploring the Scarlet Hold and Chapel, nothing apear.

So you can complete by this quest only 2/4 :-(

I've used the eye_of_acherus_reworked_v2 files. (Mangos-Core / SD2 / Database)

Where is my Problem and how can i fix ist ?

I am using v2.1 but i am still taking damage and skill crashing the server if eye life reachs 0.

where exactly is the difference from v2.0 and 2.1? is it in the source or in the dp update?

I mean, where should I look in my source to confirm that "god mode" stuff?

Thank you in advance!

[quote name=Andy200877;112230

nope... with this patch i've the same problem. when the eye die the server crash. mangos rev 9651 / YTDB R54

UPDATE...

With Last UDB self Problem.

With both DB's :

When i explore the Forge' date=' it complete Scarlet Hold

When i explore the Town Hall, it complete the Chapel

By exploring the Scarlet Hold and Chapel, nothing apear.

So you can complete by this quest only 2/4 :-(

I've used the eye_of_acherus_reworked_v2 files. (Mangos-Core / SD2 / Database)

Where is my Problem and how can i fix ist ?[/quote]

Its a DB problem, for another DB modify sql query .

where exactly is the difference from v2.0 and 2.1?

I see no difference . Maybe a cleanup code .

nope... with this patch i've the same problem. when the eye die the server crash.

The server crash because he need to remove charm and posses when the eye is die however you cant revive the eye whith a basic resurrection (go to corpse and push revive), it's a creature not a player.

So, I am using last mangos and last ytdb as well. I've applied this v2.1 patch and its patch's patch.

Is there any way to avoid the server's crash? I was looking for that solution where people leave eye immortal. It would be enough.

Is this change made in the database? how? where? please help.

And that thing Andy is reporting... about partially complete the quest... Using UDB things works better?

I've changed from UDB to YTDB because of another problem (i cant remember well, I think it was because of graveyard_zones or something like that).

UDB > YTDB?

Sorry, I am just starting. I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

So, I am using last mangos and last ytdb as well. I've applied this v2.1 patch and its patch's patch.

Is there any way to avoid the server's crash? I was looking for that solution where people leave eye immortal. It would be enough.

Is this change made in the database? how? where? please help.

And that thing Andy is reporting... about partially complete the quest... Using UDB things works better?

I've changed from UDB to YTDB because of another problem (i cant remember well, I think it was because of graveyard_zones or something like that).

UDB > YTDB?

Sorry, I am just starting. I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

The easiest solution is changed DB , whith UDB you will not problem , eye die its not possible because there arn't mobs on grid (xD) and for complete quest its work properly because sql script has been maked for UDB .

@Andy200877 and @Biali

the database has no relevance in this case and decision is here:

UPDATE quest_template SET ReqSpellCast1 = 51859, ReqSpellCast2 = 51859, 
ReqSpellCast3 = 51859, ReqSpellCast4 = 51859 WHERE entry = 12641;

Edit:

I do not know why 'tester20' deleted this important part from the .SQL file

INSERT INTO spell_script_target (`entry`, `type`, `targetEntry`) VALUES 
(51858,1,28525),
(51858,1,28542),
(51858,1,28543),
(51858,1,28544),
(51859,1,28525),
(51859,1,28542),
(51859,1,28543),
(51859,1,28544); 

I think maybe this is now wrong , check if creature entry exist in creature table : 28525, 28542, 28543, 28544 , if 2/4 are working two exist and two other are removed .

@Andy200877 and @Biali

the database has no relevance in this case and decision is here:

UPDATE quest_template SET ReqSpellCast1 = 51859, ReqSpellCast2 = 51859, 
ReqSpellCast3 = 51859, ReqSpellCast4 = 51859 WHERE entry = 12641;

Edit:

I do not know why 'tester20' deleted this important part for the database mangos.

It's simple and true :D .

SilverIce has done wonders with that new camera patch. With it, spells that require some sort of "remote control", like Eye Of Kilrogg, Eye Of Acherus, Far Sight, and so forth, are now doable without the need for workarounds using invisible NPCs or other hacks. I'd say it's time to take a closer look at that code and then rewrite Eye Of Acherus to take advantage of SilverIce's fix. It just might make it into the core that way.

• 2 weeks later...
has anyone got a working patch for latest (9808)

a little late, but if you still want it:

take it: updated patch (eye_of_acherus) for MaNGOS code rev. 9948

http://filebeam.com/69b936586f5712b1bcf920beb25b2713

Note:

The patch consists of three parts:

1. for mangos source code

2. for scriptdev2 source code

3. and for database mangos

(and fixes for unifieddb only!)

known bugs:

In the menu-track (Objectives) does not change, that the targets are analyzed or the quest complete.

i use mangos 9883 and UDB DB 390. Fix dont work :(

edit: LOL scriptdev2 was not Patchet...

patch works, on mangos 9886 too

It's so easy!

to apply scriptdev2 patch, just put the patch in ScriptDev2 the main folder and

then use Git console on ScriptDev2 main folder with the command: patch -p1 < eye_scriptdev2.patch

and what do you expect from the fixes for unifieddb?

with these fixes, you can see the mobs in the village New Avalon when the eye goes to analyze the targets.

I have a few questions about this, and a few negative comments stemming from the frustration that I've experienced over the past year and a half relating to this quest and other related DK quests.

Is there a patch that works with the latest mangos compile, using database YTDB? I've only seen patches that (when they reference any database) state compatibility with UDB. And these don't work for me most of the time. Additionally, these patches clearly do not work with YTDB.

So far, I've never been able to advance a DK through the quest chain originating in Ebon Hold, even when Acherus works - there's always been some quest that doesn't work. I've tried databases Silvermoon, UDB, and YTDB, and none of these has ever completely worked (along with either mangos or arcemu). Many of the patches, when they "work", actually just bypass problem quests, so any "Blizzard" feel to advancing through the DK quest chain is really in my estimation a big negative.

It's been about 18 months since WOTLK initial release. What's the problem? Is the code just too difficult to emulate? Thanks for listening (and sorry for the gripes - if I had C++ coding experience, I'd be using more than my mouth to address this).

yes i agree with you prmsye ,mangos has occured this issue for some time , i don't know why but i would like to see it working like the one on trinitycore does,also as it is said in the mangos documentation , mangos is a learning project ,i guess you have to learn c++ and modify your core how ever you want .

could someone please update the patch traponiet posted ( here: http://pastebin.com/AvtR23wE ) to the newest mangos revision pls?

Thank you guys :)

take it: updated patch (eye_of_acherus) for MaNGOS code rev. [9948]

http://filebeam.com/69b936586f5712b1bcf920beb25b2713

known bugs:

In the menu-track (Objectives) does not change, that the targets are analyzed or the quest complete.

Note:

(if you want Objectives menu to works, then use SilverIce's [patch] Camera system and

of course this patch, but without hack data in Map.cpp).

Thanks to Vladex, I assembled/built Trinity database with all updates to present and found Eye of Acherus operational - haven't proceeded beyond this quest yet, but this seems to be the main obstacle in the DK chain (though as previously mentioned never have been able to complete the chain as sooner or later encounter a broken quest).