[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm wonder what i did wrong ?? Using git://github.com/blueboy/ahbot.git But i have no items, And i got guid and charater all set, sql file added to charaters, got it trun on and such. Running Mangos: rev. using db: PSDB WotLK (r326) for 3.3.5a (Core r10357 / SD2 r1778)

in mangos.exe window says it's running

Initialize AuctionHouseBot...

AuctionHouseBot updated by blueboy (original by Naicisum, ChrisK and Paradox)

AuctionHouseBot now includes AHBuyer by Kerbe and Paradox

but thats all it say's used to say so many items of each... and i never changed the cong file...

hmm wonder what i did wrong ?? Using git://github.com/blueboy/ahbot.git But i have no items, And i got guid and charater all set, sql file added to charaters, got it trun on and such. Running Mangos: rev. using db: PSDB WotLK (r326) for 3.3.5a (Core r10357 / SD2 r1778)

in mangos.exe window says it's running

Initialize AuctionHouseBot...

AuctionHouseBot updated by blueboy (original by Naicisum, ChrisK and Paradox)......"Looks like you missed something in source becaus Blueboy is playerbot not ahbot"

AuctionHouseBot now includes AHBuyer by Kerbe and Paradox

but thats all it say's used to say so many items of each... and i never changed the cong file...

did you set your config file:

AuctionHouseBot.Seller.Enabled = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Enabled = 1

cyberium's AHBot code has been upgraded, removing the need to have a player character assigned as the bot. The AHBot in his patch is now self-contained. It instead uses a very clever bit of code where you simply provide a name, in mangosd.conf, for the bot to use if you wish for it to be identified as other than just "AHBot" in the auctions. This eliminates one of the major reasons Vladimir would not consider accepting AHBot into the MaNGOS core.

Unless I've missed a major update, I believe xeross' AHBot still works the same as its predecessors, where a character and its GUID are needed to create the bot. This means it will not be considered for addition to the core, but it does have much to offer as well as ongoing improvements and added functionality by xeross.

Ideally, I'd like to see xeross and cyberium combine their efforts so the community can benefit from having the best of both patches.

It's ok for me. If Xeross want to integrate my code I have no problem with that.

By cons I think modifying the operation of some functions and add some others like Xeross do.

We just need to be more organized and have a common repo.

the common repo is a great idea !!!!

Iam afraid it's not that simple, we must send real objectguid now instead of uint32 one.

My repo is updated i will post the patch soon.

never understood the ObjectGuid idea, but yeah i kind of figured converting Uint32 to ObjectGuid wasn't the solution

EDIT: Your way seems a bit hacky as well, especially when you call the variable "m_FakeGuid"

Hello guys,

For my next rev i wondered if it would be easier to choose the number of objects we wish to see in the AH rather than the percentage.

Indeed you will notice that if you want one or two orange objects it's not yet possible.

Put 1% for 5000 objects give us 50 oranges ...

What do you think? You prefer the percentage system?

Hello guys,

For my next rev i wondered if it would be easier to choose the number of objects we wish to see in the AH rather than the percentage.

Indeed you will notice that if you want one or two orange objects it's not yet possible.

Put 1% for 5000 objects give us 50 oranges ...

What do you think? You prefer the percentage system?

perhaps first a system when you put a valor (like 0) you have nearly these items (like 0) :)

your idea will be difficult: is it 50 per which period ?

I dont understaind what period you talk about.

To be more clear,

greytg = 200

whitetg= 1500

greentg = 2500

bluetg = 500

grey = 0

white = 1500

orange = 1

So in this exemple AHBot will fill AH with exact items you need. If you buy one , it will be replaced next scan.

you mean instead of percent an min and max amount of itemgroup items?

(or why are there greytg and grey?)

think it would be just more flexible instead of percentage

Yes. that what i mean.

The difference is in the code actualy between grey and greyTradeGoods items. I do'nt know why for now so if anyone can explain me why i cannot simply merge theses two kind together. (grey is an exemple....)

Yes i think too is more conveniant to define how much items of what quality we want.

I dont understaind what period you talk about.

To be more clear,

greytg = 200

whitetg= 1500

greentg = 2500

bluetg = 500

grey = 0

white = 1500

orange = 1

So in this exemple AHBot will fill AH with exact items you need. If you buy one , it will be replaced next scan.

today we have a minimum and maximum amount, and the % of items is related to this range.

It is easier to manage, for example tomorrow if I want to double the items, just to change the maximum.

With your proposal, I will have to go to each items and make the modifications.

Regarding the timeline, I thought the items was introduced after I go below the minimum range chosen (this is what I used the wrong term "period")

I hope I am clear :)