[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHBot, like the rest of MaNGOS and all the patches, is open source. This means that anyone can modify or improve the code, so long as they comply with the MaNGOS license.

xeross is the caretaker, but not the owner of AHBot. As EARTHWALKER said, YOU are the team.

AHBot, like the rest of MaNGOS and all the patches, is open source. This means that anyone who knows how can modify or improve the code, so long as they comply with the MaNGOS license.

xeross is the caretaker, but not the owner of AHBot. As EARTHWALKER said, YOU WHO KNOW HOW are the team.

Fixed that for you. :P

You're right as far as xeross' Git repository is concerned, mrelfire, but there's nothing to stop anyone from creating their own AHBot repo and pushing fixes or simply posting diffs here for everyone to add to their local repos.

@Zaranthos:

This means that anyone can modify or improve the code.

As EARTHWALKER said, YOU are the team.

Fixed correctly. Whether you know C++ or not, you can still make valuable contributions. Good ideas to improve AHBot, writing documentation, helping other AHBot users who have technical issues, or even just encouraging others by showing your appreciation and support are just a few examples of tasks anyone could do.

With all the compilers, resources, tutorials, and books you can get for free, plus countless online communities dedicated to helping those who are learning, anyone can indeed learn C++ (or any other programming language), if they but have the time and will to learn.

Those who always cry they do not know, have simply refused to try.

If any of you have some phobia of using git mergetool, or you do not have a merge-diff utility installed that works with Git, you can also apply a patch in this manner:

git apply patchname.diff --reject
This will cause Git to create a .rej file, named for the source file, which contains the failed hunk of code that you can then open with an editor and hand edit that portion into the source.

So let us say you applied Auctionhouse Bot as a .diff or .patch file, using the git apply command with the reject flag, and you have two failed parts. For example, the first failed part, or hunk, is located in AuctionHouseMgr.cpp and the second failed hunk is in Chat.cpp. If you look in the proper source folder (directory for you Linux geeks), you will notice that right next to those two files are additional files, named AuctionHouseMgr.rej and Chat.rej. Inside those files are the code sections that could not be added by Git. Simply open each .rej file and its associated source file with your editor, add those code sections where they belong, then save the source file.

After you're finished editing and saving, just use git commit -a to commit all your changes to your repo and you're done!

I just decided to download cyberium's patch from here http://www.mediafire.com/file/v680rcp53d4p68h/ahbot10271.patch and test, even though mine was working anyway.

It patched flawlessly to rev 10277. So to answer your statement mrelfire, we do have a working version and have done for many weeks. It just takes a little bit of brainpower and effort to make them work, but this patch by cyberium doesn't even require that. Patch and go....simple.

I just decided to download cyberium's patch from here http://www.mediafire.com/file/v680rcp53d4p68h/ahbot10271.patch and test, even though mine was working anyway.

It patched flawlessly to rev 10277. So to answer your statement mrelfire, we do have a working version and have done for many weeks. It just takes a little bit of brainpower and effort to make them work, but this patch by cyberium doesn't even require that. Patch and go....simple.

Perhaps you misanderstand me, Yes their is a working version, "but" it is under a files redepository, not a git one, where everybody can "improve" it.

I understaind you mrelfire. Anyway it's simple to get our local repository with working patch. It's not the best solution i assume it but who whant to improve something will not be limited by these little step.

Public repository requiere more active update and i don't be sure to have time to do it just for resolve some line moved to get a working merge.

Finaly one repository with more than one devellopers access will be the solution. Just in case all off these guy work together and in the same way.

You always can initiate project like this? Open repository and invite only good devellopers to maintain it.

branch like this ? master, ahbot, playerbot, pvpoutdoor,..., allmerged.

Perhaps you misanderstand me, Yes their is a working version, "but" it is under a files redepository, not a git one, where everybody can "improve" it.

Ah I see what you mean. Personally I'd prefer a working patch from a well-known member from somewhere like mediafire or any of the other hundreds of sites of that ilk as I am still trying to learn git. It's going to be a very long process. Hopefully git learning won't outlive me :D

Here is mine patched my way for 10271.

It work like before 10254 with 3 factions auctionneer.

Hope it help.

Edit: Ooops made mistake with link... Sorry, corrected.

cyberium: your patch save my server :)

but you missed one correction rendering the buyer unusable in line 1027:

+ CharacterDatabase.PExecute("UPDATE auctionhouse SET buyguid

should be

+ CharacterDatabase.PExecute("UPDATE auction SET buyguid

To anyone whose Auction House is not populating:

Ensure that you replace your old 'mangos.conf' file with the new one after compiling.

At first blush it doesn't appear to be any different, however there's a huge section about half way down that adds all the AuctionHouseBot config items.

They are NOT the same as the ones you see pasted throughout this forum in various guides.

I just spent a couple hours blindly fiddling with my config files and database only to find that I was working with an old CONF file.

Fck.. i cant get it to work properly. well, it DOES work properly but it does something with my server and i dont get any loot from killed creatures.. only white/grey stuff..

Dunno how is that possible.. maybe someone can share his patch or something?

Well...I know ahbot has nothing to do with looting, and I do know ahbot is working perfictly...hmmmm I would have to say reinstall your world database and use eather YTDB or UDB because because other custom db's don't work or you didn't compile your core right...did you remember to compile SD2 after mangos?