[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to compile SD2 right after ahbot and I get errors. Is it not possible to compile SD2+AHBOT?

Yes it possible becaus I'm doing it, have you tried the ajustment HSC_3 advised firstI do believe it's in Auctionhouse.h but if you compile with VS 2008 when the error comes up yu can right click the error and select goto location and the file in question will popup in the tab and it will show you which line to fix. as for SD2 if you've done a SVN update today your going to do a mangos pull to get up to rev 10112 minimum...or it won't compile ether...also if you are using vehicle's from wojta's repo your going to need the pastbin link I posted to get that done as well because the Dev changed a global at 10112.

Im having some trouble with the Auction house bot i beleive.. if you perform a search for all items for example.. and then try to arrange them by price ascending OR descending the Auction window crashes and I get an error in the console..

ERROR: Attempted to get in ByteBuffer (pos: 32 size: 46) value with size: 16

WorldSession::Update ByteBufferException occured while parsing a packet (opcode:

600) from client 86.164.112.215, accountid=5.

Has caused a server crash also..

Im having some trouble with the Auction house bot i beleive.. if you perform a search for all items for example.. and then try to arrange them by price ascending OR descending the Auction window crashes and I get an error in the console..

Has caused a server crash also..

Perhaps this is a bug in the auction house itself, as this is related to the display/info sending code which we don't even touch.

Okay, having an issue with command

.ahbotoptions ahexpire 2

Causes server to stop responding and then crash.

MaNGOS/0.16.0-DEV (* * Revision 10121 - b49cc67e86846ebbeefe71593ad539796fa91695) for Win32 (little-endian)

Using script library: ScriptDev2 (for MaNGOS 10112+) Revision [1736] 2010-06-27 12:29:30 (Win32)

Using World DB: UDB 0.12.0 (391) for MaNGOS 9999 with SD2 SQL for rev. 1702

Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.4 - Final Release for Mangos (3.3.2 Client)

I patched it myself on a clean core, no other modifications..

No conflicts occoured or warnings during compile..

Your statement adequately describes the result, but what you need is to post more information if the cause is to be known.

Using any other core mods or patches besides AHBot? Is your server a custom core or did you patch and compile it yourself from a clean, official core?

Have you tried testing your server with only AHBot patched into your core? Did you get the same result?

A copy of your crash log would also be useful. Please post it to Pastebin or other text/code hosting service and providing a link.

Some additions to the documentation about settings like items per cycle and the actual numbers of items in the database config would be helpful. After a lot of tinkering I've found getting a decent amount of items into AH can really cause a lot of server problems if the settings aren't carefully set.

Has anyone set really high min/max items (around 2800 or more) in the three AH's and had problems? Does lowering items per cycle in mangos.conf solve some of that? Does more CPU cores help (dual core vs quad core perhaps)?

Can frozen orbs be added to AH by default? Even with much higher items set and extra options enabled I've never seen one in AH.

yes i have setted the min/max items to 5000-6000 items one each AH:neutral ,Alliance,Horde. It takes like 4-5 mins to load on my intel core 2 duo 2.1 Ghz and 3GB of ram. Of course any proccesor with higher proccesing quantity of memory is welcomed and it should work faster.Quad core>Dual core.

That's been a long-standing issue with AHBot. The more items with which you stock the auction houses and the higher the number of items that are dropped/added at the beginning of a new cycle, the more lag your server will have as CPU cycles and RAM are nearly maxed, and drive thrashing occurs from all the read/write activity.

As stated many times before in the old AHBot thread, if you insist on having a large number of items make sure your server has the horsepower to handle it. One way to ease some of the trouble would be to set the AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle value in mangosd.conf to a very small number. This will not allow for many changes in what the auction houses have to offer, but you won't be stuck waiting 10 minutes just to get logged in.

If you have players that burn a lot of gold shopping the auction houses, bear in mind the AHBot will need to replace those items as well which will further contribute to lag at the start of each new cycle.

It will take some experimentation to find the right balance, but do you really need 10,000 items for just a handful of players to bid upon?

I can't generate a patch file can someone help?

mangos:/home/wow/mangos4/ahbot# git diff master ahbot > ../ahbot.patch

fatal: ambiguous argument 'ahbot': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.

Use '--' to separate paths from revisions

Edit:

Ok Ok Done it :-)

, but do you really need 10,000 items for just a handful of players to bid upon?

Yes. ;) Seriously though, the main reason I have cranked up the numbers is that some items never show up until you have a LOT of items going through AH. Minor glyphs, cloth, ores, gems, misc. crafting items.

The real issue isn't the startup lag or the occasional lag when AH adds items, it's the actual server instability AHBot causes like monsters lagging and then refusing to move so you can just range kill them without a fight, or other crazy things happening that magically go away when you lower the numbers. I should go read the old thread though and see what I can learn since I've only read some of them. If a quad core or SSD actually helps I'd consider that also. I don't think RAM has been an issue that I've noticed anyway.

Is there a fix for neutral AH not buying items players list for auction? That seems broken or at least all the items I list in Booty Bay get returned and never sell even though I have it enabled in the configs.

I do consider AHBot a necessity though since small servers lack the diversity of players to trade and craft with. Many thanks to everyone who helps make and keep this going.

Yes Zaranthos, I did find a bug that was causing the server to crash but it was caused by two things ahbot and ACE-netcode, the ahbot was simple it would go into a state of frozen thread and crash out before it could recover and ACE with it's depridations(untill I understood how to fix them) made it even worse by reducing the frozen thread timer plus the fact that the 64bit compiles won't even work anymore doesn't help.