[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of asking try it, and if it doesn't work tell us what's wrong
Of course I tried it BEFORE posting. I'm not as lazy as you think.. I just wanted to help out.

Anyway, automatic merge failed (with a clean MaNGOS):

remote: Generating pack...
remote: Done counting 116 objects.
remote: Result has 69 objects.
remote: Deltifying 69 objects.
remote: 9/69) done69) done
Unpacking 69 objects
remote: Total 69, written 69 (delta 57), reused 42 (delta 30)
100% (69/69) done
Trying really trivial in-index merge...
fatal: Merge requires file-level merging
Nope.
Merging HEAD with 97eaaab913be4d55da86bf0c2e110f426d818cbd
Merging:
4b92024 [9843] Restore need seelction show at loot roll.
97eaaab Merge remote branch 'origin/master' into ahbot
found 1 common ancestor(s):
eaa5e0f [9789] Implement spell selection, for creatures in instances, based on map difficulty
Auto-merging src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp
merge: warning: conflicts during merge
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/AuctionHouseMgr.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Chat.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Chat.h
Auto-merging src/game/Level3.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Mail.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Player.h
Auto-merging src/game/World.cpp
Auto-merging src/mangosd/mangosd.conf.dist.in
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

Please forgive me for being a bit offtopic.

master - No modifications, direct replica of mangos/master

I don't get it. I'd get it if some git-newbie had used it this way, but I think you're smart enough to have some logic explanation behind it. Because having a replica of mangos/master just doesn't make sense to me, but perhaps there are graphic tools I don't use (tortoisegit, ...) that need to have origin/master reflect some foreign branch, so please enlighten me, I'd really like to know. Thanks.

Hi everyone! This is probably more of a feature request.. I was wondering if it would be possible to limit items posted on the market by level. For example, if the server population is younger, it would be cool to adjust the items on the market to reflect that. It would provide more gear that is usable by the players and stuff. Having two config file settings (min and max level) would be ideal!

Thanks again Xeross for keeping this awesome mod alive and well! :)

-Alteron

Please forgive me for being a bit offtopic.

I don't get it. I'd get it if some git-newbie had used it this way, but I think you're smart enough to have some logic explanation behind it. Because having a replica of mangos/master just doesn't make sense to me, but perhaps there are graphic tools I don't use (tortoisegit, ...) that need to have origin/master reflect some foreign branch, so please enlighten me, I'd really like to know. Thanks.

two reasons

1. You have to have a master branch at all times, this seemed like the simplest thing to put there

2. It makes it easier for newer people to clone and create a patch.

That Trinity fork of AHBot that I've been puzzling my way through has this feature. You might want to take a peek at it, xeross. Your superior technical expertise should allow you to determine if their code is viable for MaNGOS. I'm not saying to use theirs, but it might give you some good ideas. In fact, as I had also said to Naicisum back when, I prefer if it is your own code because only you truly know the direction in which AHBot must grow with MaNGOS.

Sure wish I knew more C++ than the basic "Hello World" stuff, but you and blueboy have inspired me to dust off my old C++ books and at least try.

As always, xeross, your work is deeply appreciated. Having a greater flexibility for how AHBot does its thing makes it much more useful to servers of any size population now, rather than just those that have dozens or even hundreds of players.

I'm not sure when I'll have this compiled for testing. Since I'm now the sole player in my realm, updates have slipped down my list of things to do by a few notches.

My other play-testers (a.k.a., "nephews") have reached those teen years where girls and other distractions now occupy the majority of their waking hours. Anyone know where I can rent more? lol

two reasons

1. You have to have a master branch at all times, this seemed like the simplest thing to put there

2. It makes it easier for newer people to clone and create a patch.

1) is nonsense, even on github - you can easily delete it and set your new "active" (ie. the one you want to be displayed on github.com/username/reponame by default)

2) makes sense, though I'd name it "base" or something like that

glad to see you keeping up such an excellent job xero55.. I heard word that you were working on pulling trinity's ahbot out and reporting it back to mangos, is this true? (and yes I am sure it is prolly in earlier pages of this thread i didnt read them.) your work is always top notch... good to see u bud

You can blame me for some of that. It was partly my suggestions that prompted a look at Trinity's AHBot code for ways to implement some wanted features for the MaNGOS AHBot.

I don't know if xeross simply ported those features or used them as guidelines for his own code, but his version of AHBot is still mainly based on the code inherited from Naicisum...who got it from Paradox...who got it from...blah,blah,blah. But, you get the idea.