[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the last update the AHBuyer should be functioning again, make sure you have it enabled in the config, and configured properly in the database.

I am using your current Repo...and AHBuyer is not working. Settings are correct in Database and it is enabled.

AuctionHouseBot.Seller.Enabled = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Enabled = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Account = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Character = 1530
AuctionHouseBot.Items.Vendor = 0
AuctionHouseBot.Items.Loot = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Items.Misc = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.No = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Pickup = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Equip = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Use = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Quest = 1
AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle = 500
AuctionHouseBot.BuyPrice.Seller = 1
AuctionHouseBot.BuyPrice.Buyer = 0

Why would the AHBot not now work with neutral Auction Houses? Before xeross' work, the goblin AH was the only faction working with the AHBuyer. Then it was said that ALL faction AH were now working with the AHBuyer. Now it's claimed only Alliance and Horde AH are working properly.

Can I get a straight, definitive answer here?

I tested it again. Core 9788 only with AHBot Patch.

I have done the same items and the same price in all three auction houses.

(Prices for buy and bid is automatic set from the Addon Auctioneer[No Scan Data only the default Price])

But it will only be buy or bid in the horde and alliance AH.

The Seller works for all three AH's

In addition to the AuctionHouseBot entries in mangosd.conf, do I need to set something else. I have an account with guid 4, a character (number 1 in characters table), my AuctionHouseBot settings as follows,

AuctionHouseBot.Seller.Enabled = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Enabled = 0

AuctionHouseBot.Account = 4

AuctionHouseBot.Character = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Items.Vendor = 0

AuctionHouseBot.Items.Loot = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Items.Misc = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Bind.No = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Pickup = 0

AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Equip = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Use = 1

AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Quest = 0

AuctionHouseBot.ItemsPerCycle = 200

AuctionHouseBot.BuyPrice.Seller = 0

AuctionHouseBot.BuyPrice.Buyer = 0

AuctionHouseBot.DEBUG = 1

but have no selling items. I even enabled buyer in case it was needed, but still no items in AH.

The only errors I got in logs, are when starting mangosd. I get a sieries of errors like these

2010-04-26 16:26:54 Initialize AuctionHouseBot...

2010-04-26 16:26:54 ERROR:minItems = 0

2010-04-26 16:26:54 ERROR:maxItems = 0

2010-04-26 16:26:54 ERROR:minTime = 8

2010-04-26 16:26:54 ERROR:maxTime = 24

2010-04-26 16:26:54 ERROR:PercentGreyTradeGoods = 0

2010-04-26 16:26:54 ERROR:PercentWhiteTradeGoods = 27

I tried login to the ahbot account, with no luck. Created another account and char, still no luck. Ran the mangos with both mangos and root mysql users, with same results.

Forgot to tell, I'm using mangos r9796. Patch was created according to instructions in 1st post, then applied to this branch. The only other thing added was ScriptDev2 r1679.

Aside from whitespace errors at lines 3461 and 3477, your AHBot repo applied flawlessly to MaNGOS 9798, xeross. :)

After updating some other patches and my database, I'm looking forward to taking the "new" AHbot for a spin.

I was looking at the AHBot code from Trinity and was wondering why they chose to use vectors? I had the thought of attempting to port over some of the extensive config options from their AHBot.

Aside from whitespace errors at lines 3461 and 3477, your AHBot repo applied flawlessly to MaNGOS 9798, xeross. :)

After updating some other patches and my database, I'm looking forward to taking the "new" AHbot for a spin.

I was looking at the AHBot code from Trinity and was wondering why they chose to use vectors? I had the thought of attempting to port over some of the extensive config options from their AHBot.

What kind of options are we talking about, per item sell values and that kind of stuff ?

Specifically, the config settings for allow/disallow and enable/disable items as listed in their equivalent conf file... i.e. by class, min req level, max req level, skill rank (is this tradeskill or proficiencies?), and so forth. Although, I think the option to disallow items based on GUID is a bit useless, unless you want to keep server staff from bidding on auctions...but why would you?

Reporting 4 warnings

Reinstalling everything so i've download everything ...i'm patching mangos with the AHBot before compiling the software....

So heres what i did soo far:

** AHBot Part 1 – Creating the Patch file

** This will download a Mangos repository made by Xeros including the patch file. Unless you know that his version of mangos is being kept up to date, I believe its best to create the patch file and use it on our own mangos folder. Of course if you’ve bin able to acquire the patch file, you do not need to create one

• Create a folder name C:\\AHBotTemp

• Right click on the folder and choose “Git Bash”

• Type the following commands:

git clone git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot

cd ahbot

git checkout -b ahbot origin/ahbot

git diff master ahbot > ../ahbot.patch

• You’ve just created you’re patch file located in C:\\AHBotTemp

• Close your GIT window

** AHBot Part 2 – Auction House Patch – Require the software to be re-compile

• Create the folders C:\\Mangos\\Addon\\AHBot and put your patch file there

• Delete the C:\\AHBotTemp folder if you had to create the patch file

• Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose “Git Bash”

• You will need to test the patch to make sure your not going to run into trouble, type the following command replacing the X number with the number of the file located at the specified path:

git apply --check Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch

• If the patch did not encountered any trouble, you can continue to the next point

• Type the following command replacing the X number with the number of the file located at the specified path:

git apply Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch

Heres the message when i apply the patch:

Welcome to Git (version 1.7.0.2-preview20100309)

Run 'git help git' to display the help index.

Run 'git help <command>' to display help for specific commands.

Random@RANDOM-PC c:/Mangos (master)

$ git apply --check Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch

$ git apply Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch

Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch:3461: trailing whitespace.

Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch:3477: trailing whitespace.

Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch:157: new blank line at EOF.

+

Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch:258: new blank line at EOF.

+

warning: 4 lines add whitespace errors.

$

[/me smacks forehead against desktop repeatedly.]

I understand this guide may be useless to you Linux users, but Windows users need their helpers, too. Maybe even more. :P

* Use a good editor, like Notepad++

* Open your created ahbot patch file with Notepad++

* Find lines 3461, 3477, 157, and 258. Sometimes the lines are one greater when listed in an editor.

* Use the BACKSPACE key to delete the excess spaces and lines.

* Save your file.

* Apply patch to your source using Git Bash.

To make editing whitespace errors easier, you ought to set Notepad++ to display all whitespace and tabs, which will then appear as yellow dots and arrows. To enable this feature, go to the View menu...select Show Symbol...and then click on Show Whitespace and TAB.

Agreed, good sir. :)

Whitespace errors are so common I sometimes wonder if all this copy/paste from the forums and Pastebin, plus generating diffs with Git, causes white spaces to be added when transforming from one format to another, then switching from Linux to Windows and back again.

Yet one more reason for Windows users to love Notepad++ ... it has a "Trim trailing whitespace" feature. I swear it's the Swiss-Army knife of Windows editors, short of bringing out the big guns like Win ports of Emacs and Vim with all their awesome scripting capabilities.

Soon as I finish hand-editing pasdVn's pet patches into my source tree, I'll be ready to fire up my new server and bask in the mercantile goodness that is AHBot. :D

An other little thing to improve

Executing characters_auctionhousebot_update.sql, it will say that this column already exist:

Query : /*Table structure for table `auctionhousebot` */ ALTER TABLE `auctionhousebot` ADD COLUMN `percentgreytradegoods` int(11) defa...

Error Code : 1060

Duplicate column name 'percentgreytradegoods'

Execution Time : 00:00:00:000

Transfer Time : 00:00:00:000

Total Time : 00:00:00:000

An other little thing to improve

Executing characters_auctionhousebot_update.sql, it will say that this column already exist:

Query : /*Table structure for table `auctionhousebot` */ ALTER TABLE `auctionhousebot` ADD COLUMN `percentgreytradegoods` int(11) defa...

Error Code : 1060

Duplicate column name 'percentgreytradegoods'

Execution Time : 00:00:00:000

Transfer Time : 00:00:00:000

Total Time : 00:00:00:000

That sql file is only for ancient installations of auctionhousebot.

Like xeross said, unless your server has an old, outdated ahbot patch, you do not need to apply characters_auctionhousebot_update.sql. It is only intended to bring old ahbot database tables up to date for use with newer ahbot revisions. This means that most, if not all, server administrators do not need this sql file and could safely delete it.