[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

I got the new updates to the core in and there was no change in ahbot ...BUT there was major changes to Playerbot and Vehicles...

@ UnkleNuke and @ mrelfire as soon as I get to test this core I'll be handing it to my brother to push....

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@mrelfire

My Brother and myself just finnished testing all of the ah locations DaViper(Horde), me(Alliance) and all are working as of rev10170...configed to do 2000 changes per cycle and all three ah's are set for 20,000 items...after we checked the ah's I proceeded to knock the living ....you know what out of his Tauren Druid!....hehehe... I also got 200gold for winning(PVP Rewards) also playerbot is working and vehicles just incase you wanna know....

Updated to Rev 10179 and now all I get it this when trying to patch:-

EARTHWALKER@THEBEAST c:/core files (master)
$ git apply --whitespace=fix < ahbot.patch
<stdin>:3526: trailing whitespace.

<stdin>:157: new blank line at EOF.
+
<stdin>:258: new blank line at EOF.
+
error: patch failed: src/game/World.h:310
error: src/game/World.h: patch does not apply

world.h is there btw.

Updated to Rev 10179 and now all I get it this when trying to patch:-

EARTHWALKER@THEBEAST c:/core files (master)
$ git apply --whitespace=fix < ahbot.patch
<stdin>:3526: trailing whitespace.

<stdin>:157: new blank line at EOF.
+
<stdin>:258: new blank line at EOF.
+

world.h is there btw.

Why are you using an old patch?...just do: 'git pull git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot' and then compile....I'm at rev 10179 now with no problems, as a matter of fact only a couple days ago the only problem I had was with playerbot and within 2 hours blueboy had that fixed...

Why are you using an old patch?...just do: 'git pull git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot' and then compile....I'm at rev 10179 now with no problems, as a matter of fact only a couple days ago the only problem I had was with playerbot and within 2 hours blueboy had that fixed...

@DaViper

I have the same problem like earthwalker. So i have seen your post and use the command 'git pull git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot' in my mangos folder. But i get following messages

$ git pull git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot

remote: Counting objects: 172, done.

remote: Compressing objects: 100% (74/74), done.

emote: Total 102 (delta 84), reused 41 (delta 28)Receiving objects

Receiving objects: 79% (81/102)

Receiving objects: 100% (102/102), 46.75 KiB, done.

Resolving deltas: 100% (84/84), completed with 27 local objects.

From git://github.com/xeross/mangos

* branch ahbot -> FETCH_HEAD

Auto-merging src/game/AuctionHouseMgr.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Chat.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Chat.h

Auto-merging src/game/Level3.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Mail.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Makefile.am

Auto-merging src/game/Player.h

Auto-merging src/game/World.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/World.h

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/World.h

Auto-merging src/mangosd/mangosd.conf.dist.in

Auto-merging win/VC100/game.vcxproj

Auto-merging win/VC80/game.vcproj

Auto-merging win/VC90/game.vcproj

Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

What's my failure?

Hexle

did you look at it thru gitgui? gitgiu will basicly tell you what happened...look for the >>>>>HEAD statements and normally you would delete everthing betweeen >>>>head and ========= and then look a little furtherdown and delet the comit statement( it looks like a long string of jumbled letters and nombers)...you ether have a bad merge or git got lost in the changes and needs your expert help...

eek! I think I'm going to need some help here. I right-clicked on c: and chose gitbash, put this in 'git pull git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot' and this happened.

"EARTHWALKER@THEBEAST c:/

$ git pull git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

EARTHWALKER@THEBEAST c:/

$"

Normally I follow the steps on page 1 and have no problems getting the patch:-

How to check out

Code:

git clone git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot

cd ahbot

git checkout -b ahbot origin/ahbot

How to create a patch (First check out as shown above)

Code:

git diff master ahbot > ../ahbot.patch

EARTHWALKER and Hexle, your issues have nothing to do with AHBot.

What you both need to do is go have a look at the General Help and Source Code Management sections of these forums to do some homework on Git basics. Don't forget there's also a very handy resource that comes with Git, called The Git Manual.

Anyone that works with compiling and patching their own source should know how to do merges...git merge, git mergetool, 3-way merge, and simple conflict resolution. Knowledge of git rebase is also highly recommended. While you're at it, take a closer look at how to properly initialize and configure a local repository, using git init and git config. Then review the correct use of clone, pull, fetch, and branch.

I'm not saying you need to be a master programmer (I'm far from being one, myself!), but having some idea of how to do essential things with Git will help you a great deal.

You'll thank yourselves for taking the time to become well versed with using Git. Most of your issues can be quickly resolved with just a little effort and a few simple commands. Knowledge is power.

@UnkleNuke

Yes you are right. I have to learn more about git. My next step is to do rtfm and have a look in the 2 sections

you have write. For me are the hints from you and DaViper at the moment enough, but when i will not understand

something i ask again ;)

Hexle

Tried so many different times now and still this error pops up:-

I think I'll be taking that one to my grave as my brain simply cannot absorb this git stuff at all. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but alas, I will probably never find it alone.

@Hexle:

Dig right in! Study until your brain hurts, ask smart questions, stupid questions, and then learn some more. That's how we all do it. :)

@EARTHWALKER:

You keep getting this error because the lines in AHBot that patch World.h around line 310 do not match with the MaNGOS source you're trying to patch. Either AHBot is offset by several lines, or it has additional lines that Git cannot understand where they must go. Since you are applying a patch instead of doing a merge from the remote AHBot branch to your local MaNGOs repo, you will need to open the patch file and World.h file with a text editor like Tortoise Merge, or my favorite, Notepad++. You'll use a two-pane view so you can see the files side-by-side for easier comparison and editing. If you're a Linux user, then Vim or Emacs should also allow you to do a two-pane view.

Find the part of the AHBot patch that has the lines for World.h and then copy them into the correct place in the World.h file. Once you have done this, save the World.h file. Go back to Git Bash, open your repository and type git status. You should receive a notification that you have one or more changed files. World.h should be one of them. Type git add --all to make sure all files will be added to your commit, then type git commit -a to commit the changes to your source.

This should solve your trouble. It might actually be best to create a branch for AHBot in your local repository and then fetch xeross' AHBot. Do not use pull unless you want to do a merge with your main source right away!

This is how I'd do it:

git remote add -f -t ahbot ahbot git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git
git branch ahbot --track ahbot/ahbot

After the remote command, -f -t means to fetch and track only the specified remote branch or tag, which is ahbot. The second ahbot is your local branch, but you can name it whatever you like, my_ahbot, Bob, and such.

git branch ahbot creates the local branch for the remote ahbot you just fetched. The flag, --track, tells git the local branch will be tracked as upstream from the remote, ahbot/ahbot, and you can then update your local ahbot by simply switching to your ahbot branch and using git pull.

git checkout ahbot
git pull ahbot

By this method, you'll use git merge to add the ahbot code into your master. Any errors you might see will then have Git ask you to run your conflict resolution tool. For Windows users, this is usually going to be Tortoise Merge, but there are other popular diff/merge utilities out there like kDiff3. You can use git config to set which diff/merge utility you prefer to use, provided that tool is installed.

To resolve conflicts, use the git mergetool command. Git will then open your diff-merge utility to allow you to resolve the conflicts one file at a time. Once you have edited all the conflicting files, Git will stop automatically opening your diff/merge utility. You can then type git status to see what's changed and needs to be commited.

I hope this helps. Patch files might seem to be easier to use, but using Git to set up the branches for all the patches and core mods that you use will make life much easier. Updating them is better than having 20 copies of the same patch file and conflicts are much easier to resolve.

Ok We now have a gitguru in the ahbot thread....lol, earthwalker like I stated why are you using an old patch? as far as I know nobody has made a patch for ahbot in a really long time so whatever patch your trying to install won't work in the first place. My suggestion is start from scratch and do git pulls for everything you need. When your finnaly at a merge error with the pulls then maybe we could guide you in the proper direction to fix them...As it stands all you going to get is a massive headache and a core that crashes all of the time and I don't think you want that. I understand your trying to learn and I complement you there...

earthwalker like I stated why are you using an old patch? as far as I know nobody has made a patch for ahbot in a really long time so whatever patch your trying to install won't work in the first place.

Why do you keep saying old patch? All I am doing is grabbing xeross's files and creating the patch using the specified commands. Each time I try I grab fresh files, so that tells me that if the file being created is old, then it's because the files I am getting it from are old. I am using a patch rather than just grabbing xeross's files and compiling because I see in his files he is using vmapextractor2 and not 3, so again his files are old or they would have v3. Also his sql's are very old compared to what I have in my main folder.

Hopefully you understand a little more of where I am at and why I am doing what I am doing.

UnkleNuke: Thanks dude. Your statement is like dropping a small amount of ouzo into a glass of lemonade...cloudy..lol But I will persevere, follow your guide as best I can and see what happens. I'll report back in a week or so...lol

By Jove I think I've done it! ;)

I solved it by typing in git mergetool which popped up a new gui in three parts. I clicked on the bottom one and chose save. Only other problem I had was when compiling. configenv error which I fixed and the ACE wrappers. Tried 4 times to compile but ace failed each time. Used the ace from my old working build seeing as there hasn't been any changes and all worked fine.

Thanks once again to you all. Now I need to check all the fishing zones which you couldn't fish in previously and see if they are indeed populated with fish :)

Hello, I have AHBot working pretty much flawlessly other than ahbootoptions ahexpire #id

Not an issue as once its set up I pretty much ignore it and let it do its own thing.. which it seems its very good at..

by which I mean its ignoring the MySQL DB Settings.. I have grey items and grey goods both set to 0%..

by my calculation 0% of 10,000 items is 0.. for some reason it thinks that its more...

Here is my initialisation data..

Initialize AuctionHouseBot...

========AuctionHouseBot========

loaded 9 grey trade goods <----- should be 0

loaded 397 white trade goods

loaded 38 green trade goods

loaded 14 blue trade goods

loaded 3 purple trade goods

loaded 1 orange trade goods

loaded 0 yellow trade goods

loaded 963 grey items <----- Should be 0

loaded 2164 white items

loaded 2899 green items

loaded 2769 blue items

loaded 939 purple items

loaded 3 orange items

loaded 0 yellow items

AuctionHouseBot> [AHBot-x002] is now loaded

AuctionHouseBot> updated by Xeross (Original by Naicisum, ChrisK, Paradox)

AuctionHouseBot> Includes AHBuyer by Kerbe and Paradox

WORLD: World initialized

Also.. do you use a range for the items added? As it appears not like loading glyphs and enchant scrolls (ie Scroll of enchant weapon minor bestslayer) some help would be greatly appreciated :) thanks Ryan.

PS I Love the addon, and couldnt live without it :P

I`m not git guru, so i made only patch file for everyone who want.

Patch was created from AHBot Xeross' Branch - no funcional modification, only compatibility with actual ManGOS.

Compatible MaNGOS revision: 10206+

Tested today, compile OK, Server running and AHBot works.

Way to apply patch:

Go to MaNGOS git repository and use commnad:

git apply "PATH TO PATCH"\\AHBot.patch

Download patch