3.0.x support - when will we support it?

Thanks for the post. I followed some of the guides for GIT and was able to download the stable branch pretty easily. I would like to download the 303willcrashforsure branch into another folder - can someone tell me the steps ? I attempted a clone and the checkout in this thread, but it didn't work.

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I just don't GIT it ;) Any help is appreciated.

EDIT : Found this http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=4360 after I posted - trying the steps in that post now...

• 38 years later...

Since the question frequently appears, we would like to inform you that MaNGOS currently still supports client 2.4.3 in our stable branch of the sources.

We do have a preliminary development branch for supporting client 3.0.3, which lives in the development branch. In case you want to try out client 3.0.3 or the current WotLK beta client, this is the branch to use.

Please note that until 13th November 2008, the 3.0.3 branch is unsupported, and we will only accept patch contributions, but no bug reports. That's why the branch is named 303-willcrashforsure.

We do not guarantee that the code in this branch will work out of the box, or that your computer will survive running the code.

With kind regards,

I am learning GIT also. Ever since i started with Mangos and its community i have learned C, C++, PHP, MySQL, SVN and now GIT. This is like a school for me and the best thing is that i can transmit this knowledge to others in my real life community. To think that 3 school management programs made with php/mysql and 1 in the works for my university is all thanks to the knowledge from Mangos.

One can say, the power of open source, the power to learn, to teach, to transmit. Again thank you Mangos Devs for been my teachers all of this years.

$ git checkout -b 303-willcrashforsure

damn I'm getting better at understanding git :P

That would make local branch named "303-willcrashforsure" from your current branch. Better use

git branch 303-willcrashforsure origin/303-willcrashforsure

You can then switch between master and 303-willcrashforsure using "git checkout <branchname>" and pull "inside" it as usual.

so am i right in thinking you will be going for patch 3.0.3 support without Northrend be accessable?

or are you going for the full caboodle wotlk so when mangos supports patch 3.0.3 and we have udb that supports it too we can access the expansion content?

keep up the good work guys! :)

so am i right in thinking you will be going for patch 3.0.3 support without Northrend be accessable?

or are you going for the full caboodle wotlk so when mangos supports patch 3.0.3 and we have udb that supports it too we can access the expansion content?

keep up the good work guys! :)

3.0.3 is NOT WoTLK.

3.0.3 is (hopefully) the last content patch before WoTLK and does not allow access to new classes and continents.

hello how it takes to download

the branch with git because I tried it and did not market

try read the 2 posts above yours......

3.0.3 is NOT WoTLK.

3.0.3 is (hopefully) the last content patch before WoTLK and does not allow access to new classes and continents.

Patch 3.0.3 Contains 90% of the major changes in WoTLK, if we really supported it ( i mean with most of the changes ), then what would be missing for WoTLK support?

Since the question frequently appears, we would like to inform you that MaNGOS currently still supports client 2.4.3 in our stable branch of the sources.

We do have a preliminary development branch for supporting client 3.0.3, which lives in the development branch. In case you want to try out client 3.0.3 or the current WotLK beta client, this is the branch to use.

Please note that until 13th November 2008, the 3.0.3 branch is unsupported, and we will only accept patch contributions, but no bug reports. That's why the branch is named 303-willcrashforsure.

We do not guarantee that the code in this branch will work out of the box, or that your computer will survive running the code.

With kind regards,

Can't we still have a clue of when the serveur will support 3.0.x ?

To say that it will be unsupported till 13th November doesn't guarantee that it will be supported at this date...

i would like to know if i am allowed to make topic, for testing 3.0.3, crash thread etc,, want to test and post crash dumps etc. , so DEVs will know , or does exisist any topics yet_?

First post:

Please note that until 13th November 2008, the 3.0.3 branch is unsupported, "6". That's why the branch is named 303-willcrashforsure.

With kind regards,