Calendar & client Freeze

Auntie Mangos

You might take a look here how to get timer fixed http://getmangos.eu/community/topic/15722/how-do-you-reset-a-raid-or-lower-the-time/

But my guess is that these insane raid timers is somehow related to these calendar freezes ;)

I have done

* DELETE FROM character_instance;
* DELETE FROM instance;
* DELETE FROM group_instance;
* DELETE FROM instance_reset

and PERFECT, thanks a lot !!! :)

that means their is a bug somewhere....

• 41 years later...

Mangos Version: Revision 11240 - 9b4ec1a7941ccf26a45fd5ccddc13f8a2d69396b) for Win64 (little-endian)

Custom Patches: vehicule / playerbot/ahbot

SD2 Version: ScriptDev2 (for MaNGOS 11167+)

Database Name and Version : YTDB_0.14.1_R588_MaNGOS_R11235_SD2_R1987_ACID_R308_RuDB_R38.7

/ Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.7 - Full Release for Mangos (3.3.5a Client)

How it SHOULD work:no freeze

How it DOES work: with the addons "GroupCalendar5" the wow client freeze after 5 seconds

If you do not use the addons, it freeze the client when you clck on the calendar and wait 5 seconds

It was not freezing with wednesday morning 6am (french time) compile with same add ons (except playerbot wich was updated this morning)

@mrelfire: Try using a clean core. I have [11241]+SD2 1990, ahbot, mmaps and playerbot (branch flight) and can't reproduce freezing after clicking the calendar button (don't use that special addon).

Regards

Skirnir

Thanks for your help

I am still stuck, I go back to the "minimum" but still freeze

I have regenareted vmaps/ maps,...

I do not know where to look

P.S. "update"

I have founded :

all my characters database where corrutped during the reboot of my windows system due to the "windows update"

strange things than mysql where not stopped correctly or mangos did not flush all its data

but anyways no bugs at all !!!

I manage to reproduce the problem !!!

If you go to zul'haman again the problem occured (kill one boss) and again calendar problem with client freeze

I dumped my character, so if someone has an idea :

http://dl.free.fr/koLXjNKXD

Can you check 1 thing for me? Is the raid timer lockout of ZA working properly i.e. every 3 days it will reset itself. To check this type this into your chat box /raidinfo. So if it works fine you see the ZA reset timer at less than 3 days.

Why do I ask this is because I've been getting calendar + client freezes as well on chars who has at least 1 bugged raid timer. A bugged timer looks like this: 15K days until server will reset raid instead of 3 days for ZA. Tried this with a char without any raid lockout and I can open calendar without freezing the client.

I think the occurence of this problem should be looked elsewhere.

because as i read in DBC not include this event for future times. So 3.x client can't show it. This is impossible fix from server side.

Actually, I think it's possible to send Holidays data using SMSG_CALENDAR_SEND_CALENDAR. This opcode has uint32[26] array and two uint32[10] arrays similar to Holidays.dbc. I think we can take data from 4.x Holidays.dbc and send them in SMSG_CALENDAR_SEND_CALENDAR. Ofc that's only theory, I haven't tried to do that...

I manage to reproduce the problem !!!

If you go to zul'haman again the problem occured (kill one boss) and again calendar problem with client freeze

I dumped my character, so if someone has an idea :

http://dl.free.fr/koLXjNKXD

Can you check 1 thing for me? Is the raid timer lockout of ZA working properly i.e. every 3 days it will reset itself. To check this type this into your chat box /raidinfo. So if it works fine you see the ZA reset timer at less than 3 days.

Why do I ask this is because I've been getting calendar + client freezes as well on chars who has at least 1 bugged raid timer. A bugged timer looks like this: 15K days until server will reset raid instead of 3 days for ZA. Tried this with a char without any raid lockout and I can open calendar without freezing the client.

I think the occurence of this problem should be looked elsewhere.

you were right the timer set 10841 days !!!!

all other timers of my raids are set to 8041 days !!!

is it a db bug ? a core bug ? a normal thing ?

• 8 months later...