MaNGOS 2013 Start with MOP ?

Guest Salja_

The community has already torn it's self apart... sorry but the truth hurts.

This is the same old argument but Salja is also correct... this is a Hobby. We work on what Interests us.

This is why there has not been activity from me on 2.4.3 as I have spent hours a day working VERY hard pulling together the UDB Alpha DB for 4.3.4

YuruY, I made no PROMISE of Christmas but I am doing my best. Our work has been behind closed doors as of current because we are not ready for the DB to go public yet. Building a BRAND NEW database from scratch takes time. Unlike any other project we started with a completely empty DB. We did not take a 3.3.5a DB and modify it.

Our project is WELL under way but with the lack of Core Dev's and only 2 DB Dev's working on the project things do not happen over night.

Also, unlike other projects we are not populating the entire game and then going back to fix it all later.... We will develop each zone as much as we can from the start as we go along.

So Mangos can go to all the work for a new "Restart" all they want but it will change nothing... one project will be selected... the others will be neglected, only a few developers will work on the project and eventually everyone will lose interest. This is how it has been and nothing will change.

WoW is a game on it's deathbed. This is why 90% of the developers left a long time ago... they have moved on to new Non-WoW projects.

Those of us who continue to work on WoW do so because we choose too. How long any of us will be around... no one knows.

The community in general has made MANY mistakes in the past and this will be the final epic legacy that will be remembered. In the Golden years there was a glimmer of hope but in the end Ego's always played trump... and all great empires fall in the end.

I am sorry, we can all live in denial if you want but this is the honest truth without the sugar coating and endless bullshit.

Kick me, ban me, delete my posts... I don't care. The entire community is long past the point of no return.

YuruY, I made no PROMISE of Christmas but I am doing my best. ...

..... ?

http://getmangos.eu/bb/search/posts/user/560/

I am not sure but 4.3.4 development has been on-going on the DB side.

CMangos officially has a small 4.3.4 Development team and we are working hard to have something together in time for Christmas.

Well, Cata is not even playable right now. The database is a 3.3.5a database so nothing is correct (only good for having something to log into)

Right now I do NOT suggest "upgrading" but rather just have a 4.3.4 realm kicking around for messing around (not even playing) then it is a good idea.

Now it is a good thing I have been working hard for the last month on developing a brand new database for 4.3.4

My hopes is we will have an Alpha DB that can be used as a base for development by Christmas.... call it a Christmas present to the community.

I have no intention of letting Mangos die, Myself and the other die hards will keep it going to the best of our ability.

It would be nice if all the effort put into negative comments was put into just one line of code to fix an issue - mangos would be complete by now

I have no intention of letting Mangos die, Myself and the other die hards will keep it going to the best of our ability.

It would be nice if all the effort put into negative comments was put into just one line of code to fix an issue - mangos would be complete by now

The problem is not all ppl here knows C++

mangos will never die and it is no matter what the others say 2013 we will rock

It on your live? :/

https://github.com/mangos/server/commits/master

what is your problem and wehn i make a hello kitty online server i think its not your problem wehn you think mangos is dead way you not go and make what other ?

PS: This help nothing here help or let it be it will continue 100% with mangos

YuruY, I made no PROMISE of Christmas but I am doing my best. ...

..... ?

http://getmangos.eu/bb/search/posts/user/560/

I am not sure but 4.3.4 development has been on-going on the DB side.

CMangos officially has a small 4.3.4 Development team and we are working hard to have something together in time for Christmas.

Well, Cata is not even playable right now. The database is a 3.3.5a database so nothing is correct (only good for having something to log into)

Right now I do NOT suggest "upgrading" but rather just have a 4.3.4 realm kicking around for messing around (not even playing) then it is a good idea.

Now it is a good thing I have been working hard for the last month on developing a brand new database for 4.3.4

My hopes is we will have an Alpha DB that can be used as a base for development by Christmas.... call it a Christmas present to the community.

So I Ask Again YuruY, where did I make a PROMISE???

Any chance you guys can take this discussion offline and between yourselves now please, or create another post to publically discuss it in ?
You moderator... Delete flame messages & thats it.

Related:

At this time you have 2 devs for core. TheLuda( have not seen long time ) & Salja( it most just pull in repos commits from other people ). And little help from LilleCarl. TheLuda made fixes in most for Vanilla WoW & Cala helps with DB.

Salja... imba. For all cores: classic, one, wotlk, cata... And you want to start MOP... In Russia / Ukrane etc. we have proverb: "If you run after two hares, you will catch neither". You want to catch 5!!! Be realist. At this moment mangos have no people to develop such many cores.

Ofc you can develop five at one time, but nothing good comes out will not be.

Thats just my thoughts, based on mangos last year work, nothing more.

mangos will not more support all versions so we look what version need the most ppls and on this we work only on 1 version not more all for this your tight we have not devs

the 2 versions to be worked on were based on the poll

TBC & MOP came top

Personally I have no interest in vanilla or TBC, but will input & contribute to all projects. For example my AD.exe changes are being designed to cover all 5 versions of Mangos.

This is not saying that the other projects are dead as such, just not being worked on until we have some devs who want to work on them

WOLK/CATA are another topic altogether, there are about 50 devs working on these projects - just not on the master mangos fork which is a shame. They are currently wasting a lot of resources competing against each other, therefore it makes sense for mangos to hold off work on these for now and then see what we can use from their combined efforts.

We currently have 2 main devs and they are working on TBC and MOP.

If you want to step up to the plate and work on the others, we're happy for you to do that.

We have had to be realistic, so that fact that we have 2 main devs we had the community decide which 2 projects should be worked on.

- it is impossible and totally unfair to expect a couple of devs to work on 5 projects.

I'm hoping by clarifying what is actively being developed and what isn't, this may persuade some of the people on the sidelines to step up and help out.

Archived