[not working] Outdoor Pvp

First post updated.

changes:

- added zangarmarsh, silithus and eastern plaguelands

- fixed the neutral part of the capture bar

- updated to rev 5782

@ Ntsc:

No, I'm storing the states of the objectives in a zone, worldstates are dependant of those, players are kept up-to-date accordingly.

@ yiuu:

I have no idea smile.gif

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ May 8 2008, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

First post updated.

changes:

- added zangarmarsh, silithus and eastern plaguelands

- fixed the neutral part of the capture bar

- updated to rev 5782

@ Ntsc:

No, I'm storing the states of the objectives in a zone, worldstates are dependant of those, players are kept up-to-date accordingly.

@ yiuu:

I have no idea smile.gif[/b]

THX smile.gif

I will tested silithus and eastern plaguelands... NoTBC server are happy smile.gif

First post updated.

changed:

- fixed the update field count in epl

- changed the SendInitialWorldStates() function to be able to send world states explicitly for a zone, and not determined by character x/y position (used in HandleUpdateWorldState() function, when client asks for a specific zone)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Riddick @ May 8 2008, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bug: When you are in Terokkar Forest you can only see the Towers Controlled statistics and the towers themselves on the map only when you are in Shattrath City. This way they can't be captured.[/b]

Works for me, but modified the patch a bit just to make sure. If you still get this problem, send me a character dump please.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GriffonHeart @ May 10 2008, 06:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Great! I will test patch in some days smile.gif

The first question. Why you use ENGINE=InnoDB for `outdoor_pvp_gameobject` and `outdoor_pvp_creature`?

MaNGOS use ENGINE=MyISAM for `gameobject`, `gameobject`, `creature_respawn` and `creature` tables[/b]

Good question... Sometime earlier I thought I'll use transactions when cleaning up the spawns, but later it turned out to be unnecessary, so right now for no reason :S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

(gdb) bt full

#0 Creature::removeGossipOption (this=0x0, action=18)

at /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../include/c++/4.1.2/bits/stl_list.h:580

No locals.

#1 0x081baf5a in OutdoorPvPObjectiveZM_GraveYard::SetBeaconState (

this=0xb2c85320, controlling_faction=0) at OutdoorPvPZM.cpp:388

cr = (class Creature *) 0x0

#2 0x081ba4d5 in OutdoorPvPZM::Update (this=0xb2c84e40, diff=109)

at OutdoorPvPZM.cpp:138

changed = true

#3 0x081b2e7f in OutdoorPvPMgr::Update (this=0xb2c81e60, diff=109)

at OutdoorPvPMgr.cpp:171

No locals.

#4 0x082c3f7b in World::Update (this=0x87cb0c8, diff=109) at World.cpp:1103

next = {_M_cur = 0x0, _M_ht = 0x2ada44}

#5 0x08107b1d in WorldRunnable::run (this=0xb2c21840) at WorldRunnable.cpp:61

diff = 109

realCurrTime = 3797879216

realPrevTime = <value optimized out>

prevSleepTime = 98

#6 0x0029da10 in ZThread::ThreadImpl::Dispatch (parent=0x87a7c90,

impl=0xb2b56a40, task=@0xb24f8384) at ThreadImpl.cxx:407

No locals.

---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

#7 0x0029df36 in run (this=0xbf83a5bc) at ThreadImpl.cxx:49

No locals.

#8 0x002a380b in _dispatch (arg=0x0) at posix/ThreadOps.cxx:137

__PRETTY_FUNCTION__ = "void* ZThread::_dispatch(void*)"

#9 0x00bca2db in start_thread () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

No symbol table info available.

#10 0x00b3412e in clone () from /lib/libc.so.6

No symbol table info available.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ May 14 2008, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

First post updated for 5833.[/b]

Thank you for the update.

Tested the patch a bit. Works very nice!

What i found:

-No announce when somebody capture a point

-I think capturing ticks a bit fast. On offy you need more time to capture.

-Map not shows halaa correctly.

Continue testing whit my brother who plays on offy.

Sorry for my bad english. ( Ha akarod elmondom magyarul smile.gif )

First post updated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pistifonok @ May 14 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thank you for the update.

Tested the patch a bit. Works very nice!

What i found:

-No announce when somebody capture a point

-I think capturing ticks a bit fast. On offy you need more time to capture.

-Map not shows halaa correctly.

Continue testing whit my brother who plays on offy.

Sorry for my bad english. ( Ha akarod elmondom magyarul smile.gif )[/b]

- capturing time is fixed, now based on DB

- halaa world states fixed

- announcements are boring, sorry xD

(az angoloddal nincs semmi baj smile.gif és köszi a tesztelést!)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillhard @ May 16 2008, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

There are 2 NPC Horde Field Scot in Zabra'jin and they are both vendor.

What's wrong?[/b]

Probably you didn't apply one of the sqls that removes the first one. The field scouts act as vendor until the 2 side beacons are controlled by one faction; then they get a gossip option of giving you the flag. As soon as someone takes it, the option is removed. In case he dies / drops the flag, and the 2 beacons are still controlled by the given faction, the option is added again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ May 16 2008, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Probably you didn't apply one of the sqls that removes the first one. The field scouts act as vendor until the 2 side beacons are controlled by one faction; then they get a gossip option of giving you the flag. As soon as someone takes it, the option is removed. In case he dies / drops the flag, and the 2 beacons are still controlled by the given faction, the option is added again.[/b]

I did... and re-did, but still... i'll send the screenshot to you via PM.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillhard @ May 16 2008, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I did... and re-did, but still... i'll send the screenshot to you via PM.[/b]

Sorry, my bad, I forgot to add those deletes to the sql.

<div class='sqltop'>SQL</div><div class='sqlmain'>DELETE FROM creature WHERE id IN (18564, 18581); </div>

This'll do it. And sorry again.

EDIT: added to sql 4.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ May 16 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Sorry, my bad, I forgot to add those deletes to the sql.

<div class='sqltop'>SQL

<div class='sqlmain'>DELETE FROM creature WHERE id IN (18564, 18581); </div>

This'll do it. And sorry again.[/b]

It's OK m8, just want some confirmation before i test, that picture i sent you, it has double NPC Horde Field Scot there which is look like 1, this queries fixed them too?

Thank you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillhard @ May 16 2008, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It's OK m8, just want some confirmation before i test, that picture i sent you, it has double NPC Horde Field Scot there which is look like 1, this queries fixed them too?

Thank you[/b]

Yes, it's supposed to. One of the scouts is in DB, the other is spawned by the zangarmarsh outdoor pvp. The query will get rid of the default one.

First post updated.

Changes:

- now the spectral flight master despawns when the plagewood tower turns to neutral, not only on controlling faction change (not tested)

- the GO animations (flag changes) should work, but still needs some work. The capture point go flags are alright, the surrounding gos (namely the flags in hellfire peninsula) are off. Thanks to Daimon22 for capturing update packets! wink.gif

Some info about the go animation:

- it's done using the GAMEOBJECT_ARTKIT field

- the values are 1 - horde, 2 - alliance for go type 29, I assumed this will be the same with other go types, but maybe it's display id dependant. Still needs experimenting.

- it needs a new field in gameobject table, without that, the gridunloaded/reloaded gos would have the default animation instead of the correct one.

Really cool patch. I tested outlands PVP a bit and the basics are working really good. Just found some things that could be improved or adjusted to what i remember from offics.

this applies to patch v0.21

- Zangarmarsh: Field Scout had no gossip to cast spell on player when both areas are taken (32430 for allie, 32431 for horde).

!! Tested with alliance. I just reapplied all sql patches because of the last posts in here and will test it again. Maybe i talked to the wrong one.

- Terokkar Forest: When one faction controls all towers the display for who has what towers should be removed. Only the counter (6 hours down to zero) should remain until the time is up and all are neutral again

general:

- Taking areas (not flags sry tongue.gif) should be also possible when mounted. Right now, you have to unmount before it starts to display the bar. Ofc you are not allowed to fly. ^^

- Zone-wide messages for capturing towers/flags/areas are missing for all outland regions.

All in all i am really happy about how many things are working at this point of development. Keep up the good work. =)

Edit: Little addition: The triggers in Hellfire Peninsula are all visible.

i applied it together with arena+outdoor pvp to core v5861 it's work no crash but still testing (only around 80 player online) very promising smile.gif

edit 1 : not sure how it work no crash but no npc spawn at EPL_NWT or at other tower mellow.gif

edit 2 : found a good desc here http://www.wowwiki.com/World_PvP how stupid i'm

edit 3 : take quest in EPL capturing tower not update quest stats maybe db problem ? but it do with HF and complete the quest as well

patch broken with changeset 5915, changes in reward code

OutdoorPvP.cpp: In member function 'virtual void OutdoorPvP::HandleKill(Player*, Unit*)':

OutdoorPvP.cpp:529: error: 'class Group' has no member named 'GetMemberForXPAtKill'

have a nice day