[not working] Outdoor Pvp

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a Bug in Hellfire peninsula

When you kill the TriggerSpawns with AOE you can complete 2 of 3 parts of the daily pvp quest without conquering the towers.(Stadium and Broken Hill) Only doesn't work with the "Overlook because there is no spawn that you can kill.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Darkman551 @ Jun 1 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Found a Bug in Hellfire peninsula

When you kill the TriggerSpawns with AOE you can complete 2 of 3 parts of the daily pvp quest without conquering the towers.(Stadium and Broken Hill) Only doesn't work with the "Overlook because there is no spawn that you can kill.[/b]

That's a bug with mangos and/or db, not this patch. You simply shouldn't be able to kill them. Aoe shouldn't hit friendly npcs (long time mangos bug), and they shouldn't be visible / targetable (db bug). Btw, there is an npc in overlook too, just spawned somewhere inside a wall.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Jun 1 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That's a bug with mangos and/or db, not this patch. You simply shouldn't be able to kill them. Aoe shouldn't hit friendly npcs (long time mangos bug), and they shouldn't be visible / targetable (db bug). Btw, there is an npc in overlook too, just spawned somewhere inside a wall.[/b]

ok thanks for info.

Any idea how to make them invisible/untargetable/immortal right now?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Darkman551 @ Jun 1 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

ok thanks for info.

Any idea how to make them invisible/untargetable/immortal right now?[/b]

Check http://wiki.udbforums.org/index.php/Creature_template#flags. I'd put UNIT_FLAG_NON_ATTACKABLE + UNIT_FLAG_NOT_SELECTABLE as flags. Also you might set to 0 the modelid_A and modelid_H in the creature template for the trigger npcs, and the modelid in creature to make them invisible. (If this is a bad idea, feel free to tell me, I'm not familiar with setting creature models. Maybe there is a real modelid that is supposed to be invisible.) After the modifications, make sure to delete your client cache.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Jun 1 2008, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Check http://wiki.udbforums.org/index.php/Creature_template#flags. I'd put UNIT_FLAG_NON_ATTACKABLE + UNIT_FLAG_NOT_SELECTABLE as flags. Also you might set to 0 the modelid_A and modelid_H in the creature template for the trigger npcs, and the modelid in creature to make them invisible. (If this is a bad idea, feel free to tell me, I'm not familiar with setting creature models. Maybe there is a real modelid that is supposed to be invisible.) After the modifications, make sure to delete your client cache.[/b]

UNIT_FLAG_NOT_SELECTABLE should be enough and as I see The Overlook Capture Credit Marker already has it

about the model id, never set to 0, its wdb data and they use a visible model to select it when they are in GM mode for testing purpose smile.gif

meanwhile is found a way to distinguish if a model needs to be shown in a certain way when in gm on or off, lets add an invisibility for players (for the ones testing here)

<div class='sqltop'>SQL</div><div class='sqlmain'>-- invisibility for triggers

DELETE FROM `creature_template_addon` WHERE `entry` IN ('19028', '19029', '19032');

INSERT INTO `creature_template_addon` (`entry`, `auras`) VALUES

('19028', '23196 0'), -- Overlook

('19029', '23196 0'), -- Stadium

('19032', '23196 0'); -- Broken Hill

-- Stadium and Broken Hill triggers were selectable

UPDATE `creature_template` SET `flags` = `flags`|'33554432' WHERE `entry`IN ('19029', '19032'); </div>

will be added to next changeset of UDB.

Oh, today I tested an event script, which had a creature with invisibility aura set. The event couldn't start for that reason

so please test, if doesn't work we can set an invisible model in creature table (spawn) so it will be still fine

now that I think, this is the way they do it on offy... visible model in template, invisible in spawn! xD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sephiroth1983 @ Jun 2 2008, 03:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Oh, today I tested an event script, which had a creature with invisibility aura set. The event couldn't start for that reason

so please test, if doesn't work we can set an invisible model in creature table (spawn) so it will be still fine

now that I think, this is the way they do it on offy... visible model in template, invisible in spawn! xD[/b]

I can test it tonight. Do you have a better Querry then to make the spawns invisible if test fails ? smile.gif

Well, actually the triggers presence isn't needed, you can safely remove them from the DB, because Player::KilledMonster doesn't use the guid, only the entry of the creature (which is hardcoded in the HP opvp).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Darkman551 @ Jun 3 2008, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It works , but i still see some sort of grey elements inside the flag , not targetable not attackable. Any chance to make them invisible too?[/b]

Just put gm mode on and try to select it, if not selectable yet, change map and come back to try.

Then report in UDB the creature ID smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Well, actually the triggers presence isn't needed, you can safely remove them from the DB, because Player::KilledMonster doesn't use the guid, only the entry of the creature (which is hardcoded in the HP opvp).[/b]

Triggers should never be deleted, offy use them for quest credits and stuff

I think those credit markers are for the pvp quests.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sephiroth1983 @ Jun 5 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Triggers should never be deleted, offy use them for quest credits and stuff

I think those credit markers are for the pvp quests.[/b]

They are used for quest credits, but their presence in this implementation is unneeded, because when a tower is captured, Player::KilledMonster(entry,guid) is called with the trigger npc's entry and 0 as guid (Player::KilledMonster() doesn't use the second parameter at all, and the entry is hardcoded based on which tower it is).

First post updated.

changes:

- for rev 6075

- cleaned up hellfire peninsula, no functionality change

- cleaned up how artkits are handled, if you used a previous sql, then run the following query on your world db: <div class='sqltop'>SQL</div><div class='sqlmain'>ALTER TABLE gameobject DROP COLUMN ArtKit; </div>

Could this be moved to under review section, please? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: thanks for the move!

i think i found a bug in hellfire peninsula:

i have just captured every point for the horde...(first overlook -> stadium -> broken hill)....then i moved back to thrallmar and the "Capture Bar" was still there and the Bar moves nearer to horde, so i was still capturing the point but sometimes the bar is blinking.....is this normal?..never tested it on bl*zz....sorry if iam not right...

--Joni

I have some things to ask about this new "pvp system"

would like to know what happens if on low pop servers one player is alone and capture points

will he still receive honor/marks or without battle he won't?

If he will still get points I think this should have a config option to be turned on or off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sephiroth1983 @ Jun 10 2008, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I have some things to ask about this new "pvp system"

would like to know what happens if on low pop servers one player is alone and capture points

will he still receive honor/marks or without battle he won't?

If he will still get points I think this should have a config option to be turned on or off.[/b]

As I know, no marks are awarded for capturing points, only for killing enemy faction players (and that is how it's implemented here).

It is possible to capture an objective alone (without fighting), like on offi; the only requirement for a faction to capture is to have more players in the direct vicinity of an objective than the other faction does.