[not working] Outdoor Pvp

I got this error with the latest branch

Probably problem with simple jail patch or conflict with other patches, for me compile and merge OK.

The_Game_Master : I will update SQL. So anyway all works ? No problems ? Somebody here http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=5176 said that gobjects are unusable.. but it was maybe his mistake.

If anybody has some bugs, report it here.

EDIT: SQLs updated.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

charlie2025 try updating the git when you have the time. It causes a merge error on the latest revs.

Yep, fixed, sorry I was this week away

To eventai SQL : Updated in branch, thanks

Gz for your work but will this ever be accepted you are working on it over an year

Triply and Balrok as I know plan to look on it after they finish some BG stuff and AV Implementation

about those guards: i had a similar problem with alterac-valley some day i forgot how i fixed it (i think a fix got obsolete through moving all creatures to the database..)

anyway heres much text i've written about my problem http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=6755

maybe it helps (not sure if it is even the same problem)

in alterac-0.12 there is also a kind of fix (okok - it's a hack^^) for this problem look there at battleground::addcreature()

i think the fix was: pCreature->SetDBTableGuid(pCreature->GetGUID());

and then setting x,y,z through getNewOrExistentData

about those guards: i had a similar problem with alterac-valley some day i forgot how i fixed it (i think a fix got obsolete through moving all creatures to the database..)

anyway heres much text i've written about my problem http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=6755

maybe it helps (not sure if it is even the same problem)

in alterac-0.12 there is also a kind of fix (okok - it's a hack^^) for this problem look there at battleground::addcreature()

i think the fix was: pCreature->SetDBTableGuid(pCreature->GetGUID());

and then setting x,y,z through getNewOrExistentData

Yesterday, you said the same thing to Macedonien. I tried to add the function SetDBTableGuid(...) in AddCreature, and it worked ! At last !

Thanks to you :)

• 38 years later...

edit by balrok:

currently this patch doesn't work anymore.. i will maybe update it somewhere in the first half of 2010

new downloadlocation is:

git://github.com/balrok/mangos.git

and the branch outdoor and outdoor-0.12

for downloading them I use follwing commands in an already existing git-repo

git remote add balrok git://github.com/balrok/mangos.git

git fetch balrok

git merge balrok outdoor

or instead of merge you also can create a patch and then apply it..

git checkout balrok/outdoor

git merge origin/master

git diff origin/master > outdoor.patch

for questions how to use git, please ask then in the source-code-management section in this forum

-------------------------------------------

This patch implements the outdoor world pvps for mangos (little cosmetics is most probably needed for them though).

Thanks and credits go to Daimon22 for the documentation of world state fields here.

What works:

- framework to code the outdoor pvps

- tower capturing using GAMEOBJECT_TYPE_CAPTURE_POINT type GOs and trigger npcs (entry 12999 seemed unused, so I used that.)

- buffs the players of the controlling faction in the associated zones

- kill tokens for pvp kills for the killer player's group

- the pvp associated quests in silithus, epl, halaa and hellfire peninsula work, with udb 0.10.1 the ones in terokkar forest are set to auto-complete (no requirements)

- added a function to objmgr to remove graveyard links by specified ghost zone id, graveyard id and team to support halaa and later zangarmarsh (though probably these graveyard links are already in your db, so you won't notice any change about it)

- some other boring stuff

Most of the code is reader-friendly except for some debug functions I left in; some parts still need cleanup.

Todo:

- reset timer for the outdoor pvps (I don't have information about this, whether they can reset when there are active players inside, if they reset when some of the objectives are neutral, in what intervals are they reset etc.)

SD2 related

- the fire bomb target npc could use a sd2 script to properly attack the nearby mobs (I think the mobs should cast the final damaging spell on themselves to prevent them from attacking the invisible trigger npc)

Note:

The project files for linux/vc7.10/vc9 are hand-made, so sorry for possible typos (doh!), vc8 is compiler generated.

Haven't tested on Linux.

I recommend you making a db backup in case you decide to test the patch, I haven't faced any db corruption (char db isn't used by the patch), there might be problems with some spawns not disappearing in halaa (they are supposedly cleaned up at server start in case there is a crash though)

Also note that halaa (namely the fire bomb) needs ScriptDev2/ACID to work, without that the players will have hard time killing the guards.

Additional note:

If you catch a crash, please report it with full backtrace, with optimizations turned off if possible.

On windows, make sure to put your .pdb files into your mangos directory after every compile, else the crashlogs just display some gibberish function names with no useful information.

Also, the last few dozen lines of the server log can prove valuable (especially with debug logging enabled).

FAQ:

Q: Is it compatible with <insert something here, totally up to your imagination>?

A: I have no idea... err.. sure it is! You might have to make some manual modifications though...

Download v38:

zip on filebeam

zip on sendspace

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

This patch implements a few of the outdoor world pvps for mangos, currently hellfire peninsula, halaa and terokkar forest are done (little cosmetics is most probably needed for them though).[/b]

not currently implemented..

quest is feasible?

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Hellfire_Fort...ons_%28Horde%29

http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Hellfire_Fort..._%28Alliance%29

Love the patch its something me and my friend have been trying to figure out. IMO opvp patch and ahbot patch does not work together it crashes the server.

Crash log.

Revision: 5748
Date 5:5:2008. Time 6:17 
//=====================================================
*** Hardware ***
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Physical Memory: 1046620 KB (Available: 182936 KB)
Commit Charge Limit: 2517164 KB

*** Operation System ***
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Version 5.1, Build 2600)

//=====================================================
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION
Fault address:    004F0B6C 01:000EFB6C C:/mangos/mangosd.exe

Registers:
EAX:00000000
EBX:00000000
ECX:007C87F0
EDX:00150000
ESI:007C87F0
EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:001B:004F0B6C
SS:ESP:0023:0C82FDF8    EBP:0C82FEBC
DS:0023    ES:0023    FS:003B    GS:0000
Flags:00010202

Call stack:
Address     Frame         Function                SourceFile
004F0B6C    00000000    stdext::_Hash<stdext::_Hmap_traits<unsigned __int64,Player *,stdext::hash_compare<unsigned __int64,std::less<unsigned __int64> >,std::allocator<std::Pair<unsigned __int64 const ,Player *> >,0> >::lower_bound+C
004F8A28    00000000    stdext::hash_map<unsigned __int64,Player *,stdext::hash_compare<unsigned __int64,std::less<unsigned __int64> >,std::allocator<std::Pair<unsigned __int64 const ,Player *> > >::operator[]+18
00627B9D    00000000    AuctionHouseBot+7D
0050EC4D    00000000    World::Update+9D
00427AC2    00000000    WorldRunnable::run+52
00442EF5    00000000    ZThread::ThreadImpl::Dispatch+195
004432F2    00000000    ZThread::`anonymous namespace'::Launcher::run+32
004446DB    00000000    ZThread::ThreadOps::_dispatch+B
006C7D5E    00000000    _callthreadstartex+1B
006C7E03    00000000    _threadstartex+7F
7C80B683    00000000    GetModuleFileNameA+1B4
========================
Local Variables And Parameters

Call stack:
Address     Frame         Function                SourceFile
004F0B6C    00000000    stdext::_Hash<stdext::_Hmap_traits<unsigned __int64,Player *,stdext::hash_compare<unsigned __int64,std::less<unsigned __int64> >,std::allocator<std::Pair<unsigned __int64 const ,Player *> >,0> >::lower_bound+C
       Local    <user defined> '_Keyval'
       Local    <user defined> '_Where'

004F8A28    00000000    stdext::hash_map<unsigned __int64,Player *,stdext::hash_compare<unsigned __int64,std::less<unsigned __int64> >,std::allocator<std::Pair<unsigned __int64 const ,Player *> > >::operator[]+18
       Local    <user defined> '_Keyval'
       Local    <user defined> '_Where'

00627B9D    00000000    AuctionHouseBot+7D

0050EC4D    00000000    World::Update+9D
punting on symbol diff
       Local    <user defined> 'AuctionMap'
punting on symbol i
       Local    <user defined> 'next'
       Local    <user defined> 'next'
punting on symbol maxClientsNum

00427AC2    00000000    WorldRunnable::run+52

00442EF5    00000000    ZThread::ThreadImpl::Dispatch+195
       Local    <user defined> 'parent'
       Local    <user defined> 'impl'
       Local    <user defined> 'task'
       Local    <user defined> 'i'
       Local    <user defined> 'g'
       Local    <user defined> 'i'

004432F2    00000000    ZThread::`anonymous namespace'::Launcher::run+32

004446DB    00000000    ZThread::ThreadOps::_dispatch+B
punting on symbol arg

006C7D5E    00000000    _callthreadstartex+1B

006C7E03    00000000    _threadstartex+7F
punting on symbol ptd

7C80B683    00000000    GetModuleFileNameA+1B4

========================
Global Variables

Few things ive noticed is when say horde has captured halaa he can still click on the roost and fly over. This shouldnt happen he should only be able to destroy the roost. also the guard dont agro opposite faction.

Compiled with mangos rev5748

you can change

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:Pre;overflow:auto'>bool Player::IsOutdoorPvPActive()

{

return isAlive() && !HasInvisibilityAura() && !HasStealthAura() && HasFlag(PLAYER_FLAGS, PLAYER_FLAGS_IN_PVP) && !isInFlight() && !HasAuraType(SPELL_AURA_MOD_SPEED_MOUNTED) && !HasAuraType(SPELL_AURA_MOD_SPEED_FLIGHT);

}</div>

to

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain' style='height:200px;white-space:Pre;overflow:auto'>

bool Player::IsOutdoorPvPActive()

{

if(sWorld.IsPvPRealm() || sWorld.IsFFAPvPRealm())

return isAlive() && !HasInvisibilityAura() && !HasStealthAura() && !isInFlight() && !HasAuraType(SPELL_AURA_MOD_SPEED_MOUNTED) && !HasAuraType(SPELL_AURA_MOD_SPEED_FLIGHT);

else

return isAlive() && !HasInvisibilityAura() && !HasStealthAura() && HasFlag(PLAYER_FLAGS, PLAYER_FLAGS_IN_PVP) && !isInFlight() && !HasAuraType(SPELL_AURA_MOD_SPEED_MOUNTED) && !HasAuraType(SPELL_AURA_MOD_SPEED_FLIGHT);

}</div>

for pvp and pvpffa server

the visible flags are one go. on capturing the client recieves go update packages and the flags change.

the capturing time is to fast and the neutral part of the capturing bar is ont correct. but very good work. thank you

Hmm did you use the WorldStatePatch written by WolfDragon/Seline? (sorry this patch is to huge for me to check right now) If not I recommend you merge it with yours as WorldStates need to be correctly stored and updated. Existing MaNGOS worldstate functionality only send to client.