[not working] Outdoor Pvp

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anjo Amante @ Aug 14 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Can not be fixed to work with Arena and Auction bots?[/b]

It all depends on the patch release and compatibility of the patches with certain modified .cpp linkers so you just have to try and cross your fingers for no error's while patching blink.gif but i do it all the time i have like 5 patches on my compiles all the time with some mods to the code for less conflicts but is possisble let me know i might have a precompiled rev with ah,outdoor,arena ok.

Finally finished testing smile.gif

Everything works fine, except one thing. In Haala, when you take the wyvern to drop bombs, the bombs do not deal damage. Instead of exploding it summons an infernal.

The server doesn't crash after completing a opvp objective, but it also doesn't show any message. It just applies the +5% dmg aura and that's all.

Hellfire, Terokkar Forest and Zangarmarsh outdoor PvP work just perfect, if you update the database with the necessary sqls. The only problem is that the Fire Bomb does not deal damage. And by the way, if you do not use all 10 bombs in one flight, they remain in your bag, and you can use them further. But again with no dmg.

Here are the sql files: http://filebeam.com/8f5d4a5b818cdd31b0e9f61ea6283eb4

Big Thanks to w12x for creating the patch, and to Domingo for updating it.

P.S. This patch is compatible with Arena Patch. I had no errors patching or compiling it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azureus @ Aug 14 2008, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Everything works fine, except one thing. In Haala, when you take the wyvern to drop bombs, the bombs do not deal damage. Instead of exploding it summons an infernal.[/b]

That's problem with ACID scripts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azureus @ Aug 14 2008, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The server doesn't crash after completing a opvp objective, but it also doesn't show any message. It just applies the +5% dmg aura and that's all.[/b]

So my update was not correct :/ at least it won't crash the server ...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

P.S. This patch is compatible with Arena Patch. I had no errors patching or compiling it.[/b]

When I apply the Arena patch, and try to apply the PvP Outdoor patch after, some previously patched files are returned to their original SVN state.

I guess you can apply them both, but one will take over the other one, so you can't have both of them working at the same time. Am I wrong?

Updated for 6464, also use trigger npcs instead of go ai for checking players in range, as Wyk3d suggested. Also removed the now defunct acid sql from the archive, the fire bomb target will need a proper sd2 script (and that shouldn't be discussed here).

Lots of errors during compiling (using arena.patch)

OutdoorPvP.cpp:2620: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvP::HandleCapturePointEvent(Player*, uint32)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:1312: error: â€bool OutdoorPvP::HandleCapturePointEvent(Player*, uint32)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2630: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvP::HandleGossipOption(Player*, uint64, uint32)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:668: error: â€virtual bool OutdoorPvP::HandleGossipOption(Player*, uint64, uint32)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2640: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvP::CanTalkTo(Player*, Creature*, GossipOption&)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:678: error: â€virtual bool OutdoorPvP::CanTalkTo(Player*, Creature*, GossipOption&)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2650: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvP::HandleDropFlag(Player*, uint32)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:688: error: â€virtual bool OutdoorPvP::HandleDropFlag(Player*, uint32)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2660: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvPObjective::HandleGossipOption(Player*, uint64, uint32)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:698: error: â€virtual bool OutdoorPvPObjective::HandleGossipOption(Player*, uint64, uint32)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2665: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvPObjective::CanTalkTo(Player*, Creature*, GossipOption&)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:703: error: â€virtual bool OutdoorPvPObjective::CanTalkTo(Player*, Creature*, GossipOption&)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2670: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvPObjective::HandleDropFlag(Player*, uint32)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:708: error: â€virtual bool OutdoorPvPObjective::HandleDropFlag(Player*, uint32)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2675: error: redefinition of â€int32 OutdoorPvPObjective::HandleOpenGo(Player*, uint64)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:713: error: â€virtual int32 OutdoorPvPObjective::HandleOpenGo(Player*, uint64)’ previously defined here
OutdoorPvP.cpp:2685: error: redefinition of â€bool OutdoorPvP::HandleAreaTrigger(Player*, uint32)’
OutdoorPvP.cpp:723: error: â€virtual bool OutdoorPvP::HandleAreaTrigger(Player*, uint32)’ previously defined here

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (durbatuluk @ Aug 15 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Lots of errors during compiling (using arena.patch)

codebox loves you.

[/b]

Apparently you applied this patch twice on the newly added files, for example outdoorpvp.cpp is 727 lines long.

I had lots of errors too, I'm using arena patch so I patched manually (I did fine ¬ ¬) and there were lots of errors.[/b]

If you got lots of errors, then apparently not...

Then I tried patching the 6458 rev. without any other patches and got lots of errors too.[/b]

There wasn't a rev for 6458.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Aug 15 2008, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If you got lots of errors, then apparently not...

There wasn't a rev for 6458.[/b]

I meant I applied the manual patching fine. It seems that the problem is I was using 6458?

Anyway, one question. If I apply Arena Patch with Tortoise SVN, and then apply Outdoor PvP Patch, the files previously modified by Arena Patch, are reverted to their original state?

Thanks for your help smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Aug 17 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thanks for reporting, fixed, first post updated. Please make sure to re-apply the SQL part as well.[/b]

Tahnx a lot:)

I tryed patch r6469 + SD2 r583 + OutDoorPvP38

and i got fail

2 out of 6 hunks FAILED at SpellAuras.cpp

Thanx for your great work:)