[Fix/WOTLK][9024] Steady Shot

Guest fisherman

3.0.8 PatchNotes:

"Steady Shot: Now gains 10% of attack power as damage instead of 20%"

Fix code:

--- a/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellEffects.cpp
@@ -536,7 +536,7 @@ void Spell::EffectSchoolDMG(uint32 effect_idx)
                else if(m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & 0x100000000LL)
                {
                    int32 base = irand((int32)m_caster->GetWeaponDamageRange(RANGED_ATTACK, MINDAMAGE),
(int32)m_caster->GetWeaponDamageRange(RANGED_ATTACK, MAXDAMAGE));
-                    damage += int32(float(base)/m_caster->GetAttackTime(RANGED_ATTACK)*2800 + m_caster->GetTotalAttackPowerValue(RANGED_ATTACK)*0.2f);
+                    damage += int32(float(base)/m_caster->GetAttackTime(RANGED_ATTACK)*2800 + m_caster->GetTotalAttackPowerValue(RANGED_ATTACK)*0.1f);
                }
                // Explosive Trap Effect
                else if(m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & 0x00000004)

I think this is currently done only for spellbonus damage. As steadyshot is not a "magical" spell, but something as a meleespell, it is calculated by Unit::meleedamagebonus(). But would be a good Idea to add a peace of code to make this table also usable with melee spells...

(of course we need a new column with rangedattackpower than)

Edit: Besides Steady Shot should not delay autoshot anymore. Maybe this is not the best sollution to post it here, but I don't want to spamm the patch forum with a lot of threads about the same topic. So here is just a small additional patch fixing that: http://pastebin.com/m167feb8c. No flags or anything changed (see Allakhazam) so we have to hardcode it :-/

• 2 months later...
I think this is currently done only for spellbonus damage. As steadyshot is not a "magical" spell, but something as a meleespell, it is calculated by Unit::meleedamagebonus(). But would be a good Idea to add a peace of code to make this table also usable with melee spells...

(of course we need a new column with rangedattackpower than)

Edit: Besides Steady Shot should not delay autoshot anymore. Maybe this is not the best sollution to post it here, but I don't want to spamm the patch forum with a lot of threads about the same topic. So here is just a small additional patch fixing that: http://pastebin.com/m167feb8c. No flags or anything changed (see Allakhazam) so we have to hardcode it :-/

This is still bugged, but the link doesn't work anymore, could you please post it again pasdvn? thanks :)

• 1 month later...

else if(m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & 0x100000000LL)
                {
                    int32 base = irand((int32)m_caster->GetWeaponDamageRange(RANGED_ATTACK, MINDAMAGE),
(int32)m_caster->GetWeaponDamageRange(RANGED_ATTACK, MAXDAMAGE));
                    if(m_caster->GetTypeId()==TYPEID_PLAYER)
                     base += ((Player*)m_caster)->GetAmmoDPS() * m_caster->GetAttackTime(RANGED_ATTACK)/1000;
                    damage += int32(float(base) + m_caster->GetTotalAttackPowerValue(RANGED_ATTACK)*0.1f);
                }

I think damage calculations for steadyshot should be like this. Since it takes into account ammo damage. I dont know why before the base damage was normalized. this shouldnt be.

It seems the dazed effect doesnt work either, alhtough in code its there. and of course it breaks autoshot. Also missing seems to be the impact of hast effects and such on casting time.

Anyway it looks a bit like a hack because from logic there are two spell effects: the dummy effect and scool damage effect.

Imo shool damage effect should have the fixed falue per level (no need for custom calculations here)

and all the rest (damage from ammo/eventual damage because of dazed/ect.) should be done in dummy effect.

or i could be totally wrong :)

Yes, i can confirm this formula.

Here is my version that includes a bugfix for steadyshot <-> autoshot (the hacky way, as I don't find any other sollution), if anybody likes it ;-)

http://github.com/pasdVn/mangos/commit/72a89c836068d60ab104abcc35d6f62560e5ad72

Sorry for german commit message. I didn't made this commit for this forum originally ;-)

Works like a charm! Danke :)

Yes I can confirm this : During incantion of Steady Shot I have never seen a autoshot.

Moreover : presently steady shot don't take account into the additional damage, it causes as much damage as auto shot, so it's useless...

Sorry for my english.

Bcos u played on private, on retail autoshot continues with steady shot. So its way not useless.

you still use normalized damage for spell though

Code:

float(base)/m_caster->GetAttackTime(RANGED_ATTACK)*2800

i dont see why you do that.

Hmm, sry. I overlooked that. But are you shure with your forula then? Would mean that you would profit more from steady shot if you are using a slower weapon, while the casting of steady shot is equal with all weapon speeds.

All believable sources i found said that Steady Shot *does* use normalized weapon damage (weapon_dmg/weapon_speed*2.8). Unmodified does not mean unnormalized apparently.

The Hunter DPS spreadsheet from elitrist jerks also uses this formula...essentially summarized as:

Base_dmg + Ammo_DPS*2.8 + RAP*0.1 + weapon_dmg/weapon_speed*2.8

All believable sources i found said that Steady Shot *does* use normalized weapon damage (weapon_dmg/weapon_speed*2.8). Unmodified does not mean unnormalized apparently.

The Hunter DPS spreadsheet from elitrist jerks also uses this formula...essentially summarized as:

Base_dmg + Ammo_DPS*2.8 + RAP*0.1 + weapon_dmg/weapon_speed*2.8

afaik only normalized hunter spells are multi shot and aimed shot that got normalized in patch 1.10

http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_1.10

http://thottbot.com/?e=Normalized%20Weapon%20Damage%20%2B#B::A

and looks that chimera shot is normalized too:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53209

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use