Hi, it's been a while

jeffclay

Hi everyone. I haven't really been apart of the mangos community for quite a while. I'm a network admin by title but I am self taught in c#.net as well as all of the other server type stuff that comes along with being any sort of admin. I'd like to learn more about programming and in particular server/client relationships. Back in the day when I jumped into mangos with both feet, I had a private server and had also written a gui launcher for windows. My room mate was a huge wow fan and hated having to switch back and forth from the version he was running to the version my server supported, so I made some small tools to make his life more convenient. I was hoping to ease into some development here by possibly writing a server manager/setup tool or some other front-end type app while I got to know the community. If this is something welcomed, please let me know how to best go about it. If this is something not so welcomed, please let me know the best way to ease into the community and start getting my feet wet. Thanks

hey there and welcome back to mangos.

server managers are pretty useful but hard to get now it seems, specially with the team making so many changes recently. [MENTION=2]antz[/MENTION] would be the best person to speak with but he is away this weekend.

You are welcome to fork our github repos and work on any issues in the tracker and send us a pull request if you are ever looking for things todo :)

we have also recently added Eluna to zero if you know LUA?

Archived