Yet another CMake problem

magic

Question

Hi, I've followed this guide on how to use Cmake to build project files for compiling:

"That binary is intended to check requirements for the fresh install, nothing more. The develop21 branch is better in many aspects (in particular, it is used actually by the developers), but it does not contain pre-built VS solution files. You should create them with cmake (use 2.8 version from here). Just create a new folder for build files, in the Cmake GUI point to it as "Where to build binaries" and point to the root of your repo clone (where is the README.md file located) as "Where is the source code". Then "Configure" and "Generate". If the system requirements were met, you get the solution files in the build folder."

This was from another post on the forums here. When I get to the "Configure", I get the following error message pop up: Imgur

Here are my CmakeOutput.Log and CmakeError.Log:

Cmake Error Log - Pastebin.com - Cmake Error Log

Cmake output log - Pastebin.com - Cmake Output Log

I am using Windows Server 2008, and the GUI version of CMake. I have tried to compile with x86 and x64, and have downloaded both versions of OpenSSL.

I downloaded latest Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 as well.

Unfortunately, there is a dire lack of guides available for building these project files on windows and I have hit a wall, with no more ideas on how to fix this issue.

Hence, my cry for help from someone who may be able to read the log files I've posted and make out the difference from the head and the tail :)

You should create them with cmake (use 2.8 version from here).

On your screenshot, there is CMake 3.3.0. The build system looks not ready for it, and we must use 2.8 version as I said above.

Also, you probably get issues with the latest mysql server.

Thanks for the reply, it's really appreciated. Hard to believe it is something so simple, eh :D

I'll reinstall both Cmake and MySql to older versions and report back here.

Edit1: Fun fact, Cmake 2.8 does not support Visual Studio 2013, you'll need the 2010 version or below.

Edit 2: I seem to have the same problem as before.

Screen shot after pressing configure: Imgur

Cmake Output from Main Cmake GUI - Pastebin.com

Cmake output log - Pastebin.com

Am I missing any specific dependencies? I have not yet downgraded MySQL, could this indirectly be the cause of my woes (Which version should I even use)? Frankly, I do not know enough about Cmake to make many educated guesses for this issue.

Edit3: It seems I need to use MySQL Version 5.1.55, which I found here: Download MySQL ® Community Server 5.1.55 Open Source Software Package

I'm now using v5.1.55, and I re-imported databases, but still the message "Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!" haunts me.

This time I used CMake 2.8.0 and Visual Studio C++ 2010, following the guide on the top post.

Is it possible to skip this step entirely and download the project files already "Cmaked" for me?

As always, any help is appreciated, thank you for your time.

Regards,

Magic

Edit1: Fun fact, Cmake 2.8 does not support Visual Studio 2013, you'll need the 2010 version or below.

It is not fun and ye less a fact. I use the mentioned combination for different cores including TC for a year. Do you forget to re-create build directory (or, achieving the same, to clear your previous 3.3 CMake cache)?

There is however a small chance of problems caused by the server operating system version. [MENTION=1]madmax[/MENTION] could share his experience in this field with you.

Hello,

I use the File > Delete Cache to clear cache, and manually delete all files inside the "build" folder I created at MangosSource > Server > Build.

My understanding therefor is that I've achieved what you have mentioned above, but correct me if I'm mistaken.

My choice of OS was based on the guide I was following on the wiki, I'm familiar with windows, and it would not be much of a hassle to swap over to a different version. Open to recommendations.

Thanks for your response, any other suggestions are welcome.

Magic

My CMake version is 2.8.12.2, it is ok for VS2013 long enough (but the lower 2.8 may not support it, yes).

The servers are most tested under Win7, Win8 as well as under several Linux flavours. However it would be stupid to ask you to change the operating sustem just due to some build problems. The problems must be solved, the solution noted and, if we'll be lucky, included into a HowTo.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce your configuration exactly, but I'll read the logs once more and google for a solution.

P.S. Do you have write permission to the build directory for the user running CMake?

Hi,

I'll install version 2.8.12.2 of Cmake within the hour, and post back the results.

Edit1: I've installed version 2.8.12.2 of CMake, and have what appears to be significantly fewer errors, here's a screen shot: Cmake Error - Imgur

Edit2: Here's my Logs: CMake Error Log - Pastebin.com and CmakeOutput Log - Pastebin.com

Here is a screen shot of current permissions of the build directory: Imgur

I am logged in as an administrator, and it shows I have full control over this dir (I hope!).

In regards to OS, I'll give Win Server another day or two, in hope of finding a workable solution. Failing that I'll try a win7 build to hopefully avoid this issue all together.

I'm also keeping note of all the issues I've faced with my particular configuration, and will post it as soon as it's complete.

Finally, I appreciate the time you've taken already, to help diagnose my issues, I hope I don't need to much more of it :)

Magic

Hi,

My CMake version 2.8.12.2 does not seem to have Visual Studio 13 as an option under "Specify the generator for this project" for that reason I am going to use VS 2010 edition.

I am using the default option of "Use default native compilers".

Thanks for the point in the right direction, I will first try un-installing the 4 and 4.5 versions of the net framework that has caused some issues for others. I'll edit this thread with my results.

Edit 1: Decided to install Visual Studio Service pack 1 first. I found it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=23691

Edit2: Restarted the server, re-ran Cmake and I've come up with more errors than I had the last time after installing the Service Pack.

:I've now changed the name of the "cvtres.exe" file, leaving only the VS 2010 "cvtres.exe" file intact. This also did not fix the issue, appears to be same errors as after VS10 SP1 was installed.

Edit3: Tried changing VS 11 and 12 back to cvtres and renaming VS10 to cvtresold, this did not work either.

: Next step is to remove latest .net framework (4.5.1 in my case) and downgrade that back to version 4.0. You can find v4 .net framework here: Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Edit4: Installing net v4 did not work. I've also checked the cvtres file used by VS 2010, it is correct as per the following:

date: 02/21/2011

time: 06:03 PM

size: 31,056 bytes

name: cvtres.exe

: Right now I've gone through most (if not all, of the solutions I understand), and am still at a loss. I'll post the logs and another screen shot in a few moments.

Screen shot: Sign In - Imgur

CMake Error Log - Pastebin.com

Cmake output log - Pastebin.com

: Thanks Olion for your continued support.

Magic

Your CMake run breaks at the very first stage - basic compiler identifying. Do you try to keep both VS2010 and VS2013? If you installed the former one over the later, the VS2013 will be probably never found. If this is the case, I would suggest to uninstall both IDE versions and install just clean VS2013. Anyway, the compiler looks not being integrated properly into the system.

Also, unsure if it matters, but try to run the freshly installed IDE manually just once before CMake build. It asks few questions and does some setup.

Here, people used to propose help through teamviewer. I also might do that but not before the closest Sunday.

Hi Olion,

I'll remove all versions of Visual Studio just to be safe. I'll reinstall a clean VS2013, start it once (to allow it to properly configure) then I'll use CMake. Will post back results soon.

Interestingly, Teamviewer is the very application I use to connect from my home pc to the server one. Thanks for the offer of such a direct and personal level of support, I feel that's above and beyond what one can reasonably expect from the community. Lets hope that by Sunday there won't be any problems left to solve.

Edit1: Uninstalled all versions of Visual Studio on my computer, and used CCleaner to remove any leftover files. I've now installed VS Express 2013

Thanks again!

Magic

My CMake version 2.8.12.2 still does not seem to have Visual Studio 13 as an option under "Specify the generator for this project".

But I have uninstalled all versions of Visual Studio on my computer, and used CCleaner to remove any leftover files. I've now installed VS Express 2013.

CMake still shows errors of the same nature, I can post a screen shot + logs if required. As VS 13 was not an option I used VS 12 from the Specify the generator for this project list.

I will now uninstall VS 13 Express inc update 4, and re-download VS 12 (an option available to select in my CMake list) and hope that this fixes my issue.

Edit1: Well I can confirm reinstalling VS 12 did not work, back to VS 13 it is. Will try the steps below and post back.

I doubt it helps. Here is an interesting discussion related to the subject. Here a few simple advices are presented also, but they will not help I guess.

Summarizing the ideas briefly,

1) CMake installed into a folder with DOS-compliant name, i.e. no spaces and other special symbols

2) VS2013 installe to the system drive as a whole

3) windows 8.0 SDK available, though VS2013 Ulti includes a set of 6 SDKs

4) cleaning CMake cache

Hi,

For 1) I changed dir to C:/temp for "where to build directories" and created a folder named "temp" in that location.

For 2) I've installed VS 2013 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0

For 3) I'm downloading VS2013 ultimate now, will install all 6 SDK's before trying to CMake again.

For 4) I use File > Delete cache to clean CMake Cache. I also delete contents of build folder (or in this particular case, temp folder) before re-trying.

Will update soon if using VS2013 Ultimate works.

Edit1: Still errors from CMake after using VS 2013 Ultimate.

Installing some windows server 08 sdks now in case thats the issue. Edit2: Nope, that didn't do it.

Magic

i don't know what to say. i ahve both SSL installed i thibnk its L version i ahve x86 and x64. when i not delete those lines i get this error: http://puu.sh/jl2Ce/924cefd370.png

can it be so we missomthing like boost or so, i know you need boost for trinitycore but still i mean i ahve all thing things i should have, this problems seems to be stuff you guys try that gos wrong like the first time you guys tryd cmake and need to go back.

im useing VS-2010 Ultimate

well i kinda fixed teh cmake problem by removeing http://puu.sh/jk4du/8a182d819c.png but now instead i can't complite it i get, error can't find common.h and log.h from th realmlist.

i still dont get hopw hard it can be nowdays the make a damn server. but well you gatta learn i know you it has get better for the devs but still...

What version of zero are you trying to compile? Release20 or develop21? The code block you showed is not a part of 21 at all, which the original poster is trying to compile. So this is most likely a completely separate and different issue.

well if you know im complite the some thing. and the delop21 are the problem. its complitely broke. cuz when i try to complite like mongos_one Realse i get no error but i get error in VS with Eluna, and then when i try to not Cmake eluna i get weired error for realmd thay i can't fin 2 files. then when i try to cmake the delop21 versio "with is the smae as mongos zero no diff." i get the same error as i did when i allways tryd delveop21, there is a huge probem here. and im not sure what it is, ia hev not tryd the realese of mongos zero cuz i allways wonna try to help out

well if you know im complite the some thing. and the delop21 are the problem. its complitely broke. cuz when i try to complite like mongos_one Realse i get no error but i get error in VS with Eluna, and then when i try to not Cmake eluna i get weired error for realmd thay i can't fin 2 files. then when i try to cmake the delop21 versio "with is the smae as mongos zero no diff." i get the same error as i did when i allways tryd delveop21, there is a huge probem here. and im not sure what it is, ia hev not tryd the realese of mongos zero cuz i allways wonna try to help out

You are not cloning the source correctly then :) use this command to clone the source, if you can't get it to work then send me a pm with your contact information and I'll have a look for you!

git clone https://github.com/mangoszero/server -b develop21 --recursive

This pulls all the submodules and switches you to develop21, from there just cmake and compile :)

Hi,

Edit1: Still errors from CMake after using VS 2013 Ultimate.

Installing some windows server 08 sdks now in case thats the issue. Edit2: Nope, that didn't do it.

Magic

So, I'm ready to keep my promise to look at it with teamviewer this Sunday (anyway, I'm short of ideas why it doesn't work). Or else Foe can provide the same help.

So, I'm ready to keep my promise to look at it with teamviewer this Sunday (anyway, I'm short of ideas why it doesn't work). Or else Foe can provide the same help.

The issue has been resolved! :)

Turns out there wasn't really an issue at all hehe. All the dependencies and tools were installed correctly, what seemed to have been messed up was the way he had cloned the source. Fresh clone and cmake, compiled perfectly.

Archived