Windows installation guides

madmax

Question

Antz has kindly written some new installation guides for windows users.

You can view the main EasyBuild build guide here:

All the guides are located here: https://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/documentation/installation-guides/

Should you encounter any issues or require assistance with something mentioned in the guide you can reply to this topic (simple issues only). More complex problems should be in a dedicated topic.

i understand that, i just do not have it. i have restarted and retried the cloning process several times now and i never have an easybuild. i have even used a search on the root folder for easybuild and nothing pops up

dont know how much this means, but the github repository doesnt seem to have it all while im browsing through it on

https://github.com/mangoszero/server/tree/release20/win

Edited by rsouzalmt

Hey,

You need to clone with git. And make sure you have the --recursive command in the sentence when cloning, there are other repositories besides the one you linked that it pulls from.

git clone --recursive https://github.com/mangoszero/server -b develop21

• Like 1

that helped me out alot, i got the easybuild and everything

i may have set up a private server with mangos half a dozen times over the years, but every time i go out and do it, things are done differently. thank you for the patience.

*EDIT* the smallest thing ever was messing me up... :[

Edited by rsouzalmt

hi there,

in installation step 20 "extracting Data with "extractresources.sh" it seems, there is something wrong. running the .sh file via cmd-line does not work, so I run it via Git and I went thru the settings... after like 1 minutes, the window quits without any messages: extracting steps Steps 1-4 will work ok - but then app quits.

EDIT: Now it seems to work... I set "number of CPUs" to 4 - but only got a 2 Core i5 in my surfacebook ;) Now, it seems to run pretty nice!

Then I noticed "map-extractor.exe", which I run after the failed?! extractresources.sh - it quickly jumps to 51%, then took only about 2 minutes to finish. the "movemap-extractor.exe" did not run, complains about missing "vmaps" folder...

EDIT: Do I have to run "map-extractor.exe" and "movemap-extractor.exe" at any time?

Is there a special order, to run this tools? Until step 19, everything was fine - Step 18 (copy folder over to server - I skipped this, because the machine I am building this stuff, is going to be the server)

Please help!

Edited by Elowan

No, if you specify too many cores, windows will just grind to a halt while it slowly tries to process everything (it will eventually get there).

The problem was that the map-extractor (and the other tools too) had a problem with the game build detection routine for reading the wow.exe, resulting in it only working right on build  6005 of wow - builds 5875 and 6141 were regarded as invalid.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble building with Easy Build. I have followed the installation process and Easy Build says I have the required programs/libraries. But when I go to build it says it is missing certain components. It produces the MaNGOS.sln which I try to rebuild in VS but that ends with 11 successful 10 failed. I'm not sure what has changed in the installation process as I have succesfully installed MaNGOS in the past. I have tried both MySQL 5.6 and 8.0, VS 2015 and 2017. Is there some issue I am unaware of that is preventing the build from working?

Edited by thimmy
grammar mistake

A good thing to check is any page with the build status box on the top right on the website, you can click on the status images to see the build log etc.

Those images update in real-time so if a build is working from the live github it will show as soon as it is :)

Glad you got it working.

• Like 1

Well I was confused because on Github is says the Windows build is passing. One more question that's probably really dumb. How do I clone from github while excluding the latest releases? I see 4874916 associated with the latest verified release but I don't know how to limit the clone to that point. Again, you're probably busy with more important things but I'm really dumb so my apologies in advance.

I'm testing the below now to see if it works, if it does then this is what you need to do for the last working build.

1. git clone --recursive https://github.com/mangoszero/server
  2. Enter the clone folder
  3. git checkout 9e81d0945948c558173d2e34bf873bb55f54831e
  4. git submodule init
  5. git submodule update

Uses commit: https://github.com/mangoszero/server/commit/9e81d0945948c558173d2e34bf873bb55f54831e

Hi, I'm not sure if this is where I should post this but anyway, I'm relatively new to installing MaNGOS (I installed it back in 2012) and I'm having a problem when I start building, after a few seconds it looks like it finished with the serverZero_build folder but afterwards it gives me an error Capture.PNG.1b0cbbc9033400ed2775fd80dad5bd6d.PNG

after that a window pops up saying "Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided."

EasyBuild tells me I have all of the dependencies so I'm not sure what's happening. I also tried reinstalling CMake and still the same problem. I'm trying to install Zero btw.