Windows installation guides

madmax

Question

Antz has kindly written some new installation guides for windows users.

You can view the main EasyBuild build guide here:

All the guides are located here: https://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/documentation/installation-guides/

Should you encounter any issues or require assistance with something mentioned in the guide you can reply to this topic (simple issues only). More complex problems should be in a dedicated topic.

UPDATE:

Well just submitted the question, and found the missing files ofc... found them in the server_install tool folder.

however it doesn't really like my buildversion, which I then assume links to my downloaded client..

how do I go about getting older versions working with this extractor? 

Gonna google like crazy of course, but if someone got the answer readily available, it's of course much appriciated.

Thanks.

ORIGINAL QUESTION:

Hiya, completely new here never tried this private server thing before.  Running all on a windows 10 machine.

So I've followed this guide: 

and are now stuck at the step where I should extract data.

It says I should place tools in the wow.exe/launcher.exe folder, but first let me mention this is the tools I've got in the tools/Extractor_binaries folder:

ExtractResources.sh, make_vmaps.bat, mmap_excluded.txt, mmap_extract.py, movemapgen.sh, offmesh.txt, offmesh_example.txt, readme.txt

As for the client, I didn't see any guide/link to older versions, so I assume I should download latest from Blizzard?

Having done that, I copied all "tools" into the main folder of the fresh client, where the "world of warcraft launcher.exe" is located.

I also copied all the "tools" to the -retail- folder a sub folder, where the "wow.exe" is located.

I got git bash and all that - so I'm able to double click "extracresources.sh" and it prompts me the questions, do you want to extract all and how may processors etc.

But I get no results, no matter if I run in one or the other folder.

It goes on and logs; Start extraction of DBCs and map files...

and I am guessing here is the problem, since it then logs; bash: ./map-extractor: no such file or directory

this is repeated with vmap-extractor, movemapgen.sh

So it looks like I*m missing some files in the "tool" folder - but so far I've had no errors... 

Anyone got some pointers I could dig into? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Edited by Mexu