Starting realmd.exe/ mangosd.exe

Finn

Question

Hello everybody,

I'm new here at mangos so i followed some guides to install a precompiled server (mangoszero here out of the download section). I installed the databases and changed the database linkings by editing the config files. now when i'm trying to start realmd.exe or mangosd.exe nothing happends. the command line window pops and closes immediately.

What did i do wrong? Did i miss something?

(windows 10)

7 answers to this question

Just gave something a try.. are you renaming the config files?

mangosd.conf.dist > mangosd.conf

realmd.conf.dist > realmd.conf

Also I have noticed that if I edit/save these files using notepad I also run into issues.... Maybe its just me? But I would suggest getting a copy of notepad++ and editing your .conf files with that.

As an added note... if you try the notepad++ option, be sure to do it on a fresh .conf file, not the previous one usedwith another editor.

13 hours ago, Necrovoice said:

Just gave something a try.. are you renaming the config files?

mangosd.conf.dist > mangosd.conf

realmd.conf.dist > realmd.conf

Also I have noticed that if I edit/save these files using notepad I also run into issues.... Maybe its just me? But I would suggest getting a copy of notepad++ and editing your .conf files with that.

As an added note... if you try the notepad++ option, be sure to do it on a fresh .conf file, not the previous one usedwith another editor.

you were right. thats quite strange. now i got mangosd.exe to work. the problem still remains for realmd.exe. guess i have to try different variations ^^ getting one newly downloaded build now.

Archived