Building 4 cores (classic, tbc, wotlk, cata) on one pc

Elowan

Question

hello dear MaNGOS community,

after tinkering around with some "re-packs", I decided to take on the journey, to build/compile a mangos server, myself.
I already got the original clients, from classic up to cata and also the needed patches, to go up to the latest version number, for each expansion.
I want to do this, mainly for kind of education and running some server(s) in my LAN at home, to play with friends and/or just having fun, being GM :)

May I ask a question (or two):

I read the install-intructions on the git-hub page/wiki and wonder, if and how I can download and build more than 1 core, to
have a mangos server for classic, tbc, wotlk and cata?

From what I see, it should be doable, by just seperating stuff by different folders?

Or will something, like overall paths or variables get into my way, when building?

Got MySQL server 5.7, MySQL workbench, GIT, Notepad++ and Visual Studio 2015 community edition installed, already... so I am ready to start

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Kind regards,

ELO

I nailed it !!! It was a wrong setting inside mangosd.conf. I'm recapping the solution hereunder for everyone's benefit.

Starting situation:

Mangos Zero already installed and properly configured

Purpose:

Add a Mangos One [or other] instance on the same server machine

Action:

1. Re-execute getmangos.sh script, asking for a One build just "as if" Zero was not there at all
    1. Accept the pre-existing mangos user for simplicity
    2. getmangos.sh shall automatically propose a different src & build path for One's instance than the previous Zero's instance. Perfect.
    3. getmangos.sh shall inappropriately propose the same pre-existing (Zero's) client folder to fetch MPQs from for MAPS building! Manually change it.
  2. Once everything is built, just totally disregard
    1. /home/mangos/one/bin/realmd   and its corresponding .conf
    2. one_realm tables inside the DB
  3. Set /home/mangos/one/etc/mangosd.conf as you would normally would, with the following crucial attention:
    1. LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;password;zero_realm"
      WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;password;one_world"
      CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;mangos;password;one_characters"

RealmID                      = 2    <-- i.e. a unique number, different from Zero's 
      WorldServerPort              = 8086 <-- again, a unique number. Zero's default is 8085 
      Ra.Port                      = 3444 <-- if you enable RA (Zero's default is 3443) 
      SOAP.Port                    = 7879 <-- if you enable SOAP (Zero's default is 7878)
  4. Go create your new TBC's realm record inside zero_realm/realmist table (even if it's a One/Two/Three... realm!). Its ID should match the one set inside mangosd.conf (see above). 
  5. Similarly, if you want to create more users (accounts), you need to create them inside zero_realm/accounts only even if they pertain to One/Two/Three...

Ciao

U

On 18/5/2017 at 6:42 PM, antz said:

The typical config is to have one realmd running which has all core realms listed in it's DB, then you just spin up the mangosd from each core

Let me see if I understand correctly.

I need to build "realmd" just once, and I will have only one "universal" realmd process running.

Then I need to import the dbs for each core.

And I need to build mangosd-zero, mangosd-one, etc and launch them ofc.

The rest is conf-file settings (ports, db names etc)

Is that correct?

thanks ciao

U

The above seems not to work

I have now

1  realmd running (the one from the ZERO build). 

Obviously, I created a second realmid under the zero_realm db, to be the TBC realm. Exposed on the same port (8086) declared inside mangosd_one's conf file.

2 mangosd running, a ZERO build and a ONE build. Former conf'd on 8085  latter on 8086.

Where do I create users? Ah good question.... anyhow, let's try.

Vanilla client works OK as before ofc 

TBC client can't login

What happens is that users can get past the first login screen (realmd's), get presented the right "TBC realm" (see above), but then they get rejected.

WorldSocket::HandleAuthSession: Sent Auth Response (authentification failed).

Warden is disabled on both zero and one confs.

Help :)

CIao

U

Which is what I did. 

Realmid 1, Port 8085 matches mangosd zero (set for port 8085)

Vanilla client connects ok. 

Realmid 2, Port 8086 matches mangosd one, set for Port 8086.

Tbc client logs into realmd, sees tbc realm, tries logging into realm and gets slammed out

BTW I didn't create manually anything. 

I just relaunched getmangos.sh, asking to build 1 

The end result has been a one_realm db, which I guess is totally useless. 

My second Realmid has been created inside Zero_realm db, which is the one addressed by the sole realmd process I launched 

The typical config is to have one realmd running which has all core realms listed in it's DB, then you just spin up the mangosd from each core

- The only thing to be aware of is memory, running multiple mangos servers will use a lot !!

why just not catre the realm in the db like i did:

photo of my db

i allways make a lot of stuff in the db myself. i asumm you have set the id numbers in the config and so on so it connects tho the right realm server.

RealmID   = 2

WorldServerPort  = 8086

if so it should work whut out any problem.

ps. if you get to the connected state just wait i know for the wotlk it can take me up to 10 sec or longer to get in, but on tbc its instant. hope this help.

edit. dont care about the 4th entry i dont knwo why its there.

Archived