Building 4 cores (classic, tbc, wotlk, cata) on one pc

Elowan

Question

hello dear MaNGOS community,

after tinkering around with some "re-packs", I decided to take on the journey, to build/compile a mangos server, myself.
I already got the original clients, from classic up to cata and also the needed patches, to go up to the latest version number, for each expansion.
I want to do this, mainly for kind of education and running some server(s) in my LAN at home, to play with friends and/or just having fun, being GM :)

May I ask a question (or two):

I read the install-intructions on the git-hub page/wiki and wonder, if and how I can download and build more than 1 core, to
have a mangos server for classic, tbc, wotlk and cata?

From what I see, it should be doable, by just seperating stuff by different folders?

Or will something, like overall paths or variables get into my way, when building?

Got MySQL server 5.7, MySQL workbench, GIT, Notepad++ and Visual Studio 2015 community edition installed, already... so I am ready to start

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Kind regards,

ELO

Archived