[patch/dev] pet stats

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pasdVn still maintains and works upon his pet and petstats patches. He does not do a weekly merge or rebase to keep the patch easy to add for inexperienced people but, you can still use his patches if you are willing to do the extra work to add them to your source code repository.

Some simple hand editing will allow you to use his code. I highly recommend his pet patches! Hunters and Warlocks are especially best when using pasdVn's work. :)

I have merged git://github.com/pasdVn petstats into my branch, solved the conflicts and it works but, at least with my core (lastest rev), when a hunter calls his pet, it appears with the basic health, for example: your pet, if your character is without armour, has 4305/4305 of health. Equip your armour and call for your pet again, she will appear with 4305/10067 (well... I'm not sure if the pet appear exactly with this life, but for now it's the only relation between stats that I could found) Anyone can confirm this? Best regards ^^

P.S.: Sorry for my english :/

It can be healed, and the other stats are working fine. May be, the new stats are calculated after you summon the pet, so, it appears with the basic stast, then they are updated, but the health must be restored. Like when you equip your armour, your stats are updated instantly but you must wait until your health reach the new max.

This is one answer you're going to need pasdVn or another skilled programmer to provide. It does sound like the pet's bonuses are behaving just like the character's bonuses from items and gear, except it's as if the pet is "equipping" the gear every time it's summoned.

Of course, you must apply all the patches in order to get full functionality, or merge the petstats branch. But this is a little bit outdated, if the author could update it, at least his branch, that will be cool. I'm using this and I only have the problem of the pet's health.

• 2 weeks later...

I also noticed the "pet" branch now has redundant code in it that has been recently added into the core. It doesn't have any real impact, but would reduce the size of "pet" by a few lines.

I just finished a hand-merge of it into 10045, looking forward to using it and the updated "petstats". :D

Thanks again for keeping on top of things, pasdVn.

+ other pet

diff --git a/src/game/Pet.cpp b/src/game/Pet.cpp
index a6250ac..081dd6f 100644
--- a/src/game/Pet.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Pet.cpp
@@ -927,6 +927,26 @@ bool Pet::InitStatsForLevel(uint32 petlevel, Unit* owner)
                    apBonus = owner->SpellBaseDamageBonusDone(SPELL_SCHOOL_MASK_SHADOW) * 0.35f;
                    break;
                }
+                // Treants
+                case 1964:
+                {
+                    apBonus = owner->SpellBaseDamageBonusDone(SPELL_SCHOOL_MASK_MAGIC) * 3.25f;
+                // 30% of owners stamina, 35% of owners armor
+                    statBonus[sTAT_STAMINA] = owner->GetStat(STAT_STAMINA) * 0.3f;
+                    armorBonus = owner->GetArmor() * 0.35f;
+                     break;
+                }
+               // Ebon Gargoyle
+                case 27829: 
+                {
+               // 30% of owners stamina, 35% of owners armor
+                    statBonus[sTAT_STAMINA] = owner->GetStat(STAT_STAMINA) * 0.3f;
+                    armorBonus = owner->GetArmor() * 0.35f;
+               // 40% of masters attack power,
+                    apBonus = 40;
+                    apBonus = apBonus * owner->GetTotalAttackPowerValue(BASE_ATTACK) / 100;
+                    break;
+                }
                // Feral Spirit Wolves
                case 29264:
                {

Would the engineering item Explosive Sheep need inclusion into pet?

I've noticed it still does not function as it should, which is to charge at a target and explode. If no target, then the max duration of the sheep is 3 minutes.

My current server revision, 9135, exhibits the following behavior for Explosive Sheep:

• * Sheep can be summoned with created item.
    * Sheep has no pet bar to control it.
    * Sheep does not charge at a target and explode.
    * Sheep instead attacks as a guardian for around 65 HP per hit.
    * Sheep cannot be dismissed but will despawn when teleporting or passing through any portal, including instance doors.
    * Because the sheep is technically an explosive device, other explosives can't be used due to the cooldown timer for the sheep being frozen until it despawns.

I'm not sure if this is still an issue for later MaNGOS revisions, but I do know the Explosive Sheep has been broken for years now. I don't foresee this having changed in just the few months since r. 9135 was released.

Other engineering guardians have the same level as their owner when summoned and behave as standard guardians. In other words, any special behaviors or abilities are not functioning.

Should this instead have its own patch or does it fall under the scope of your work on pets, pasdVn?

[uPDATE]

I hope you don't mind, pasdVn, but to help out those who may have trouble merging, here is the pet branch as a diff, updated to MaNGOS revision 10075... http://paste2.org/p/886137

I can't promise it will work. All I did was to hand-edit the code into master. Any functions or declarations that may be deprecated are unknown to myself, but that's what you get with someone who has just enough knowledge to be dangerous when turned loose with a code editor. lol

• 4 weeks later...

As soon as pasdVn's code meets whatever requirements are placed upon it to meet core standards, I suppose. It may be that he and Vladimir are the only ones who really know for sure.

It is a great bit of code, and I'll use it no matter what. Class guardians/minions/pets just aren't nearly as good without pasd's work.

I consider it a "must have" addition for anyone's server.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm beginning to wonder about this, too. It's been a long time since pasdVn has updated his Github repo, long enough that I have to wonder if the patch is still needed for the core.

With all the changes made to the core, would pet and petstats even work at all?

Please, pasdVn! I really like your work on Pets and sincerely hope you haven't forgotten it.