[patch] Some Game Event Extensions

Guest w12x

I just set up a git repo for serverwide event.

first update your local repo :

gut pull

then pull serverwide event :

git pull git://github.com/jolan/mangos.git serverwide

then apply sql patches in sql/updates/serverwide_event/

see sql/updates/serverwide_event/readme.txt for DB structure, there is no content sql included so you start with no serverwide event at all but you can test the demo sql from the first post.

the branch dosn't appear on mangos's network graph, that's strange, does someone know why ? [edit] never-mind, github had to refresh it

note : in struct GameEventData (GameEvent.h L54) new variables are not initialized, this is potentially a problem that need analysis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!

Just discovered this wonderfull thread and gave it to our testers.

They love it ;)

But we found a little bug, that took us some time to realy get track of.

First of all - configuration: MaNGOS 0.12 REV 7066 (additional extensions don't touch the following)

Bug:

Wenn you do ".reload creature_questrelation" all quests that are under "game event control" get lost from thier NPCs.

Quests that get activated by a game event don't realy appear in the "creature_questrelation" table. They get somehow integrated on the fly.

Wenn you do the reload command MaNGOS seams to do a full rebuild of the cache from DB and the "on the fly" added quests by any game event are gone.

You have to restart the deamon or the game event to get them back.

Hope you can trace the bug as described ;)

It's not that disturbing it was just as we didn't know about it ;)

Any way, big thanks for this patch!!!

Hi guys!

Just discovered this wonderfull thread and gave it to our testers.

They love it ;)

But we found a little bug, that took us some time to realy get track of.

First of all - configuration: MaNGOS 0.12 REV 7066 (additional extensions don't touch the following)

Bug:

Wenn you do ".reload creature_questrelation" all quests that are under "game event control" get lost from thier NPCs.

Quests that get activated by a game event don't realy appear in the "creature_questrelation" table. They get somehow integrated on the fly.

Wenn you do the reload command MaNGOS seams to do a full rebuild of the cache from DB and the "on the fly" added quests by any game event are gone.

You have to restart the deamon or the game event to get them back.

Hope you can trace the bug as described ;)

It's not that disturbing it was just as we didn't know about it ;)

Any way, big thanks for this patch!!!

So the patch still compiles? If not, post your latest compiled :)

This patch can be really nice to have accepted, world events like Isle of Quel'danas and Ahn'Qiraj doors opening can have finally attention.

Fixed .reload creature_questrelation and .reload gameobject_questrelation

This doesn't make game_event_creature_quest or game_event_gameobject_quest reloadable, but game-events quest relations loaded at startup will be re-added to the list after reload

I didn't test .reload gameobject_questrelation nor serverwide-master , report any issue

there may be other .reload commands problems, I didn't check this yet.

You may have noticed that 'serverwide' branch is no more up-to-date, pull either serverwide-0.12 or serverwide-master

"Phases support" ? "player dependant" ?

I dont understand what you are talking about.

this patch implement server-wide (realm dependant) events such as shattered sun offensive plot line, it's realm dependant, players are supposed to contribute in order to get the realm to switch to the next phase. the whole concept is player independent. are you talking about something else ?

ok, thank you i didn't know this new mechanism. I dont think it can be easily implemented from server-wide events but as i am not using master branch and i didn't investigate this mechanism i cant tell for sure.

some phases listed on wowiki's page are actually serverwide events (The Argent Vanguard etc.)

ok, thank you i didn't know this new mechanism. I dont think it can be easily implemented from server-wide events but as i am not using master branch and i didn't investigate this mechanism i cant tell for sure.

some phases listed on wowiki's page are actually serverwide events (The Argent Vanguard etc.)

This seems promising ^_^

Hopefully the devs will have time to commit this patch in git :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

charlie2025 : you are now a "Repository Collaborator" on my mangos branch, tell me if you cant push

Sephiroth1983 : I dont think so. serverwide event units are (de-)spawns triggered by events while phased units are spawned units with phase id, but maybe i'm wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use