[patch] Some Game Event Extensions

Guest w12x

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Walim @ Jul 24 2008, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Edit: Another question the event started and I did phase 1 quests but the quest givers are not taking back my quest. Do I need to set quest taker in db?[/b]

Sorry for the late response, I didn't notice you edited. Some quests were not completable for me with the udb release at the time of the first post, it can be solved by adding creature_involvedrelation entries. Check udb wiki for details (though I presume you already did so by now wink.gif ).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Jul 31 2008, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Sorry for the late response, I didn't notice you edited. Some quests were not completable for me with the udb release at the time of the first post, it can be solved by adding creature_involvedrelation entries. Check udb wiki for details (though I presume you already did so by now wink.gif ).[/b]

Yes I did but thanks anyway.

Hi,

thanks again for another patch tongue.gif (damned more work on updating)

one thing to think about.

there is no table for involved relations related to events. like "game_event_creature_involvedrelation"

in other words: is it possible to turn in a quest from phase #1 when phase #2 has already started, and therewith the quets is not available any more?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ramses @ Aug 5 2008, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

in other words: is it possible to turn in a quest from phase #1 when phase #2 has already started, and therewith the quets is not available any more?[/b]

See information on wowhead:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Also, the replacements for the now-defunct Phase 1 quests become available. These quests will not count towards the phase objective, but still award money and reputation.

Further Conversions - Rewards 9 gold 10 silver, +150 Reputation

Arm the Wards! - Rewards 9 gold 10 silver, +150 Reputation[/b]

http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=17960&p=155653

Not implemented things:

1) In phase 2

Smith Hauthaa <Weapons & Armorsmith> spawns - does not yet sell Badge of Justice rewards[/b]

2) In phase Rebuilding the Anvil and Forge

Smith Hauthaa will now sell items in exchange for Badges of Justice[/b]

3)

Once all objectives on the Isle of Quel'Danas have been completed, the naaru K'iru spawns and buffs players zone-wide and inside the Magisters' Terrace with K'iru's Song of Victory, increasing Stamina by 79 and Intellect by 40. This buff does not stack with Power Word: Fortitude or Arcane Intellect.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GriffonHeart @ Aug 7 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Not implemented things:

1) In phase 2

2) In phase Rebuilding the Anvil and Forge

3)[/b]

1 and 2 are actually implemented, it's done by changing the npcflags (well, I didn't test recently, when I made the patch, it worked.) Of course this makes Smith Hauthaa unable to repair items as well, but I couldn't find a way to add repair options without vendor loot anyway.

About 3, K'iru is spawned, the zone-wide buff should be cast from sd2 in my opinion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Aug 7 2008, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1 and 2 are actually implemented, it's done by changing the npcflags (well, I didn't test recently, when I made the patch, it worked.) Of course this makes Smith Hauthaa unable to repair items as well, but I couldn't find a way to add repair options without vendor loot anyway.[/b]

Maybe SD2 Gossip option just for repairs, but never saw one

About 3, K'iru is spawned, the zone-wide buff should be cast from sd2 in my opinion.[/b]

Yes this is SD2 matter, and don't know if possible at the moment

• 2 weeks later...

One question related to the latest changes in trunk (6467 is current) :

You're using

cinfo->npcflag

in the code for pulling creature information, is this the same function now found in

GetCreatureInfo()->npcflag

or something you're doing some magic with?

Reason for asking is simply if a simple regexp-change for

cinfo

to

GetCreatureInfo()

in the patch would work, unless you're doing some other magic elsewhere smile.gif

And yeah, +1 for SVN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Click @ Aug 16 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Reason for asking is simply if a simple regexp-change for

cinfo

to

GetCreatureInfo()

in the patch would work, unless you're doing some other magic elsewhere smile.gif[/b]

Changing all cinfo to GetCreatureInfo() in the patch will do the trick, there isn't any magic wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this problem with core 6670:

In file included from Creature.cpp:36:

Formulas.h:28: warning: 'typedef' was ignored in this declaration

In file included from Creature.cpp:45:

GameEvent.h:96: error: 'GameEventQuestToEventConditionNum' was not declared in this scope

GameEvent.h:96: error: template argument 2 is invalid

GameEvent.h:96: error: template argument 4 is invalid

make[3]: *** [Creature.o] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/opt/mangos3/trunk/src/game'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/mangos3/trunk/src'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/mangos3/trunk'

make: *** [all] Error 2

on compile dry.gif

• 3 weeks later...

After this patch got added to Trini** w12x added a pvp holidays patch.

Just for reference and a view on how to do it here is the patch file

NOTE: It's not converted for GIT and it's also not converted to mangos so I don't know if this works after using the "Some Game Event Extensions"-Patch. All credits go to w12x.

But maybe someone can use this to create the bg holiday system for mangos.

Here's the patch: http://filebeam.com/f8dbcb96e9b24ef0ced142dae3978238

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use