[patch] Some Game Event Extensions

Guest w12x

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Miroseth @ Jul 7 2008, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think it's better to write a "what works"/"todo" list to help who want to test the patch[/b]

Nothing to do. Everything that might be needed in world events are added.

Quick info (and the desc of the added tables) contains how and what works. There is a sample event in SQL, phase 1 totally commented. You can check the source, the game event system isn't that complicated. You can ask here, I tend to answer questions worth answering. Want some cookies too?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Jul 7 2008, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nothing to do. Everything that might be needed in world events are added.

Quick info (and the desc of the added tables) contains how and what works. There is a sample event in SQL, phase 1 totally commented. You can check the source, the game event system isn't that complicated. You can ask here, I tend to answer questions worth answering. Want some cookies too?[/b]

laugh.gif yum yum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w12x @ Jul 7 2008, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Nope, that is already possible with this patch, using world state fields and gossip options.

Let's take the example of phase 1 in the added test sql.

We add to game_event_npc_gossip an entry to make npc 24965 use gossip id 12240 during phase 1. If you check in the npc_text table, the text with this id has a variable in it, $3244w. This refers to world state field 3244. We also add a game event condition to phase 1 (the percent done value in game_event_condition) and set the done_world_state_field to 3244 (the max_world_state_field is left to 0, since the done is in percent, and max isn't reported, but it is needed in AQ reports).

When a player talks to a reporter npc, the specified world state updates are sent to him, and the client displays the progress properly.[/b]

Oh awesome, thank you so much. =)

~Seline~

I just can't get rid of the feeling that w12x is kinda Korean Level bot for writing patches. biggrin.gif

No, seriously... thank you so much for your hard work and the time you spend to make all of us go like "AWESOME! we love you!!!".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grand @ Jul 7 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

well iw onder sometimes. why w12x is not a developer.[/b]

Because he is the one who writes patches not the one who reviews if they are fine enough for uping them to SVN. wink.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KingPin @ Jul 10 2008, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

well so far its working wonderfully. now to sit back and wait 6 - 24 months for the patch to make it into svn.[/b]

I agree with Kingpin. This is looking fantastic and I do hope it will not take a VERY extended length of time for this to be accepted. I can see the possibilities for this and it sure looks good!

Great Work w12x!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

well personally i think long time under review can add crashes in some cases...[/b]

exactly. When there is add something that is quite revolution, other patches will crash imdetialy (for example lets add Instance System and i then this patch will be totally unacceptable - ofc it is just an example!!! Prolly they will work together).

Just some thing that is still missing in my oppinion: A table for despawned creatures and gameobjects. Eg. for mobs which are walking around in the area of the Darkmoon Fair. I'm still not quite sure if this is really needed but I think you know that better wink.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (XeNoW @ Jul 22 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Just some thing that is still missing in my oppinion: A table for despawned creatures and gameobjects. Eg. for mobs which are walking around in the area of the Darkmoon Fair. I'm still not quite sure if this is really needed but I think you know that better wink.gif[/b]

http://wiki.udbforums.org/index.php/Game_event_creature

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

I set phase one in db equal to my maximum previous event id + 1 then run the shattered sun offensive sql but the event do not seem to start do I have to set start_time in db for phase 1 also?

Thanks.[/b]

Use .event start #id of the first phase ingame.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use