Vehicles (Dev)

Guest AuntieMangos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few weeks trying, I finally admit defeat and have to ask for help lol

DaViper... I been trying to apply your last few over the weeks to a clean core. I keep getting this error;

fatal: git apply: bad git-diff - expected /dev/null on line 4

Someone earlier mentioned adding some empty lines at end of file (that does not work). I have tried variations on the -'s to no avail lol

I know the answer has to be very simple, and that is why I am feeling pretty stupid about now.

just change the coding of the file to unix, git goes a little dizzi bout win file coding :)

you can use notepad++ for that...

This patch is no longer being developed by developer Wojta (see that no activity from August 02, 2010)

and therefore no one to fix a bugs, due to new changes in the core.

btw

there is a new vehicle patch by zergtmn/rsa, which is being developed and has a future.

but it is difficult to take only clean patch from rsa's repository. so the fans of vehicles will have to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been loosely following this thread for a while now but I'm still not sure what it was about the patch that prevented including it into the main branch. Was it the coding style or its level of (in)completeness? Since it it seems that most of the developers' efforts go into keeping the patch compatible with the main branch, the new development by zergtmn/rsa should really try and concentrate on these problems. Merging most of the working features into the main branch will give more casual contributors much better access and understanding of the code and the mod's developers more time and possibility to work on more important issues than compatibility rewrites.

My little Brother was keeping this updated for me but since the forums changed he can't log in anymore so he lost interest in Mangos completely....and I think the Wojta and the rest that were working on this has done the same...It's a shame considering it was closer than ever when it was dropped...I myself was working on the last couple sql's needed for Argent Tourny to function properly....but oh well...

Merging most of the working features into the main branch will give more casual contributors much better access and understanding of the code and the mod's developers more time and possibility to work on more important issues than compatibility rewrites.

Full Ack.

I've been loosely following this thread for a while now but I'm still not sure what it was about the patch that prevented including it into the main branch. Was it the coding style or its level of (in)completeness? Since it it seems that most of the developers' efforts go into keeping the patch compatible with the main branch, the new development by zergtmn/rsa should really try and concentrate on these problems. Merging most of the working features into the main branch will give more casual contributors much better access and understanding of the code and the mod's developers more time and possibility to work on more important issues than compatibility rewrites.

Current vehicle code in MaNGOS is based on wrong assumption that vehicles are summonable only and cannot be spawned like creatures. Vehicle implementation by rastikzzz and NetSky (continued by Wojta) didn't changed it. It is one of the reasons why this patch would never get into master branch. Other reasons:

1. Custom flags

2. Old-style unit search (ObjectAccessor::*)

3. Wrong spell targets implementation

4. Incomplete summon effect implementation

5. Bad table structure

6. Hacky spell-clicks

7. Hacky fuel implementation

8. Wrong GO damage implementation (btw, what it does in vehicle patch?)

9. Haxz in general.

I didn't see anything in patch that can be useful for us as is :( (except MSG_MOVE_HEARTBEAT fix that is already in master).

People who think that devs don't care about vehicles are completely wrong. They care. And there is a progress already.

Hi!

I'm searching for a working vehicle support....with no luck :(

I don't find working git, i've downloaded the support, merged with mangos(newest, 3.3.5a) and then when i want to compile, i get a whole error(not warning).

Could somebody post a git, or svn where we can get a working vehicle support for the newest core?

Or can somebody make a guid to download an older core, patch, then update it to the newest?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings from Hungary!

Right now, your choices are:

1. Use old Vehicles patch from Wotja. See post #896 in this thread for last released patch. You will need to update the code yourself as needed or use an older revision of MaNGOS. 10555 was the last revision for which the patch was generated.

2. Wait for zergtmn and his dev partners to make a new Vehicles patch. This is the better option, IMHO, for various reasons cited by zerg.

Found no error, but patch applies only with "patch -p1 < patchfile"

with git apply I get: fatal: git apply: bad git-diff - expected /dev/null on line 4

HowTo fix it, I like git apply more because of the --check and --stat statements...

HowTo prevent, that the vehicles strafe and jump?

Patch updated for mangos 10720.

http://pastebin.com/LC4qTNxd

Tell me if there is any error in the update ;)

Have Fun !

Cordially,

MacWarrior.

Thank you for the patch you did a Great JOB!...but there are still 3 files I had to hand edit after the patch -p1 command but hey it was very easy to do...also for Edder's problem of not being able to use git apply...well DaViper was having a lot of trouble with pastebin and the likes so he finnaly just uploaded it to filebeam for everyone and that fixed it.

Old line 4 :

--- /dev/null

New line 4 :

--- a/sql/v01_vehicle_table.sql

In fact, depending on how you apply the patch, you need some code modifications.

If you use tortoisemerge, per exemple, the last patch will works perfectly.

New line should work with both tortoisemerge and git apply command...

Old line don't work for sure with tortoisemerge.

Cordially,

MacWarrior.